It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I always wondered why won't MMORPG go back to its roots.
Is it because the new generation of gamers no longer understands the Pen and Paper ways of Dungeon Crawling?
So I thought of a new game concept that hopefully someone might take notice and polish it into a game.
1) Its neither a Themepark or Sandbox game its an Pen and Paper MMORPG
2) this MMO is quest based
3) Quest are RNG ( Dice rolled )
4) Quest always have NPC giving multiple choices to choose ( the selection is RNG )
5) The RNG is also based on previously selected difficulty you and your party wants to tackle ( Easy, Medium, Hard, expert, legendary )
6) The higher the difficulty the tougher the choices and the longer the quest will take and bigger the loot
7) Loot are only materials and broken shards of weapons that can be sold to crafters that can use them to craft new items for you
8) each team member gets the same basic loots for their participation, but there will be loot that must be rolled on
9) Quests are also separated into PVP enabled mode or not, allowing others to join their quest but also providing danger to PKing
10) If a member of your team survives the PK attempt, he will be given partial names of the PKer, if everyone was wiped, the PKer remains anonymous
11) Members of the forum can piece together clues of who the Pker is from clues provided all over the game of various Pkers
12) Contracts can be put for the Hunt of the Pker, the more information players provides, the PKer can no longer avoid justice being dealt, and will be flagged across the game until he gets killed or after an certain hour period based on kills made by the PKer.
13) During questing, every member of the team votes on which way to go
14) Mages has certain number of magic spells available during a trip, can be replenished with items that can be crafted or after 12 hour rests
15) Healers has certain number of minor heals, but its only after battle, and have certain number of uses for Divine Shield that absorbs damage , and buffs ( so must choose carefully )
16) Warrior shields has certain damage mitigation, once it surpasses it, the shield breaks
17) Hunter has tracking ability that can be accessed for boss fights ( makes it easier : weakness etc )
18) Thief has treasure seeking ability and trap door bypass
19) Paladin has defender ability that Paralyzed all enemies for a few secs ( perfect for setting up traps and positions )
20) There is no Instant travel unless you have teleportation Map ( expensive map, so it doesn't get abused )
21) Quests are instanced so no one can bother you
22) Certain quests requires raids, legendary quests will require up to 15 players and maybe more
23) There will be public quests that has linear pathways
24) The world is huge, but to get quests, you have to go to the Tavern ( Different quests are all posted )
25) Quests variety come in Escort Quests, Material gathering Quests, Treasure hunt quests, Boss slaying Quests, Exploration Quests....etc
26) Solo Quests, Co-op Quests, Mage themed Quests , Hunter themed quests, class specific quests ...etc
27) Class progression is based on skills ( each class can only pick 5 abilities with them on quests and 1 special ability )
28) Level system is based on skill progression ( level 5 can either be 5 points on 1 skill or 1 point on 5 skills )
29) all skills are available upon creation of character ( certain special perks can only be obtained through quests )
30) Special perks can be obtained through achievements ( ones that is beneficial requires really long and hard battles , to show true achievements that no one has yet completed or could )
These are just some of my ideas, not sure if its for everyone, but I just thought that MMORPG should go back to its pen and paper roots, and make quests fun again. Instead of just things to do to get to higher level. The quests is what makes the game an enjoyable game. Its where stories are made.
Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.