Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is 66% off for the Holiday!

2»

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by Lustmord

The point of the prowess system is that you can do whatever you want and advance your character. You don't have to sit and grind through each feat one at a time. I have multiple half finished feats that I will eventually finish and get rewards for.

It's a much better system than macroing on a bloodwall with rank 0 weapons.

Fishing is standard for any MMO. Oh Wait- in Wow you can click the bobble. Neat.

Capturing villages does have meaning. If you can't figure out the reward for it, than you don't deserve the reward.

Yes, you can buy low and sell high on the market. I'm not into it personally, I know people who are.

Yes, anyone can check my posting history, I did ask for help posting positive things about the game. I feel that there is a small group of people who just want to bash it unfairly on these forums.

I post here because I enjoy the game, and I want other people to enjoy it with me. I still play the game.

[mod edit]

No. You can't do "whatever you want", cause there are different difficulties to the spawns. So you need to get better, get more prowess (DFUW version of lvls), through different prowess feats (DFUW version of themeparks kill quests). You can't jump on the hardest spawn as a nOOb. You need to "lvl up first". It's just as themeparkish as any themepark out there. You can try to romanticize it as much as you want. It wont change the fact that DFUW is a themepark trying to disguise itself as a sandbox, but failing miserably. 

If you think fishing is like that in every MMO then I feel sorry for you. Look up how fishing works in Mortal ONline, or in FFXIV. Theres ALOT more to it then point and click as in DFUW and WoW. 

Yeah, villages are so popular that every1 screams for changes to make them usefull at DFUW forums. Get real.

You say the game is good. The majority that has played it, me among them, thinks the game, and especially the company behind the game sucks. I can admit that I have had some few fun moments ingame. But that boils down to PVP only. But now you can't even find PVP ingame. So there rly is NO point in playing atm.

Stealing from Villages has lackluster rewards for the time, but capturing villages is worth while.

Moral of the thread:

If you're looking for a massively multiplayer fishing simulation game, Darkfall may not be for you.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    This probably should have happened awhile ago. Too little too late sadly.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    [mod edit]
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This thread is about the game being on sale, not a debate about DFUW and other games. Please take that to another thread if you wish to debate the game's merits.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.