Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winter Sale: WOW 4.99 offers end January 1st, 2014

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/blizzards-winter-sale-brings-world-of-warcraft-discounts-to-the/

Blizzard's just-announced Winter Sale is bringing big discounts to World of Warcraft and StarCraft II for European and North American shoppers. The deals are:

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

and don't forget - RAF

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11524458

http://www.wowhead.com/news=222730/leveling-guide-experience-gains-raf-heirlooms-gear-basics

All of the former RAF mounts are now available, which are tied to achievements:

Pets that were only available on Asian servers are now RAF rewards:
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Just picked up Pandaria for £7, 70% off! awesome :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Meh, I'd prefer if they had a sale on pre paids.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I am seriously considering buying Mists for $10.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

Is it wrong to resent the fact that I could buy 1 more month of subscription for exactly the same price as buying the entire game again which still comes with a free month.

• SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    Does the mists digital download come with 30 free days? Wouldn't mind getting back into the game with a deal like that
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

They do it every year for black friday...well almost every year.  Except if an expansion just came out hehe.  It's a really good deal though.

If anyone needs a Recruit-a-Friend (new players) or Scroll of Ressurection (returning players) just let me know and I'll hook you up.  I've been playing since launch, so I know pretty much anything you would ever need to know, and about 1000x more stuff that you would never even really need to know lol.

P.S.  The battle chest for $5 includes free 30 days, MoP does not...unless they changed how they operate.  It's always been this way :(

only new accts are entitled to a free month in most sub mmos
  • SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    Still a good deal, think I'll take advantage of it and start a new character, haven't played since cataclysm
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Does the $4.99 deal include all previous expansions before MOP? I am tempted to finally try this game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by lizardbones I am seriously considering buying Mists for $10.
    It's five dollars off a months subscription even if you never touch the MoP content. That's a pretty good deal.

It's a way to win back customers.

Their timing is impeccable. Have some time off coming up. Now if I could only stream the game from my desktop which could play it to my laptop, which can't.

Also, not sure, since I already have everything up to MoP whether or not I can buy the $4.99 pack and use that game time. May not be an option for me.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    well i broke down and bought them both. I played alot a few years ago so, but at this price i guess ill start all over again and see how long it keeps  me.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Does the $4.99 deal include all previous expansions before MOP? I am tempted to finally try this game.

Yep, they added Cataclysm into Battlechest few months ago. 

Btw, offers end January 1st, 2014. 

• BroverpowerdBroverpowerd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    If someone wants me to "refer" them, you get like 300% exp bonus
    the promotion ends this week
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Still to expensive for my tastes, I'll end up paying a subscription again, not getting suckered into that again.
  • MMOVet82MMOVet82 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Graylen
    Still to expensive for my tastes, I'll end up paying a subscription again, not getting suckered into that again.

I downloaded the Complete Collection for $14.98 today which comes with wow standard + MoP. I'll see how it goes over the next month and if I wind up subscribing again but $15 for 30 days was just too tempting for me to pass up.