Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Winter Sale: WOW 4.99 offers end January 1st, 2014

NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/blizzards-winter-sale-brings-world-of-warcraft-discounts-to-the/

Blizzard's just-announced Winter Sale is bringing big discounts to World of Warcraft and StarCraft II for European and North American shoppers. The deals are:

Comments

• NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon

and don't forget - RAF

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11524458

http://www.wowhead.com/news=222730/leveling-guide-experience-gains-raf-heirlooms-gear-basics

All of the former RAF mounts are now available, which are tied to achievements:

Pets that were only available on Asian servers are now RAF rewards:
  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member Uncommon
    Just picked up Pandaria for £7, 70% off! awesome :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RzepRzep warsawPosts: 767Member Uncommon
    Meh, I'd prefer if they had a sale on pre paids.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

I am seriously considering buying Mists for $10.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,385Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    I am seriously considering buying Mists for $10.

It's five dollars off a months subscription even if you never touch the MoP content. That's a pretty good deal.

It's a way to win back customers.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• MechanismMechanism Toronto, ONPosts: 120Member Uncommon

Is it wrong to resent the fact that I could buy 1 more month of subscription for exactly the same price as buying the entire game again which still comes with a free month.

• SheepduckSheepduck Hicksville, NYPosts: 32Member
    Does the mists digital download come with 30 free days? Wouldn't mind getting back into the game with a deal like that
  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,400Member Uncommon

They do it every year for black friday...well almost every year.  Except if an expansion just came out hehe.  It's a really good deal though.

If anyone needs a Recruit-a-Friend (new players) or Scroll of Ressurection (returning players) just let me know and I'll hook you up.  I've been playing since launch, so I know pretty much anything you would ever need to know, and about 1000x more stuff that you would never even really need to know lol.

P.S.  The battle chest for $5 includes free 30 days, MoP does not...unless they changed how they operate.  It's always been this way :(

only new accts are entitled to a free month in most sub mmos
  • SheepduckSheepduck Hicksville, NYPosts: 32Member
    Still a good deal, think I'll take advantage of it and start a new character, haven't played since cataclysm
  • PpiperPpiper Posts: 744Member Uncommon
    thanks for the info., just bought MOP for my second account.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member Uncommon
    Does the $4.99 deal include all previous expansions before MOP? I am tempted to finally try this game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by lizardbones I am seriously considering buying Mists for $10.
    It's five dollars off a months subscription even if you never touch the MoP content. That's a pretty good deal.

It's a way to win back customers.

Their timing is impeccable. Have some time off coming up. Now if I could only stream the game from my desktop which could play it to my laptop, which can't.

Also, not sure, since I already have everything up to MoP whether or not I can buy the $4.99 pack and use that game time. May not be an option for me.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Phoenix, AZPosts: 992Member Uncommon
    well i broke down and bought them both. I played alot a few years ago so, but at this price i guess ill start all over again and see how long it keeps  me.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 780Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Does the $4.99 deal include all previous expansions before MOP? I am tempted to finally try this game.

Yep, they added Cataclysm into Battlechest few months ago. 

Btw, offers end January 1st, 2014. 

• BroverpowerdBroverpowerd Shohola, PAPosts: 37Member Uncommon
    If someone wants me to "refer" them, you get like 300% exp bonus
    the promotion ends this week
  • SquishydewSquishydew NetherlandsPosts: 1,080Member Uncommon
    Still to expensive for my tastes, I'll end up paying a subscription again, not getting suckered into that again.
  • MMOVet82MMOVet82 Middletown, NYPosts: 33Member
    Originally posted by Graylen
    Still to expensive for my tastes, I'll end up paying a subscription again, not getting suckered into that again.

I downloaded the Complete Collection for $14.98 today which comes with wow standard + MoP. I'll see how it goes over the next month and if I wind up subscribing again but $15 for 30 days was just too tempting for me to pass up.