Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helms Deep .....

vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

So after I log in to find my burg totally overhauled (not in a good way). I figure fine I can work through this and move on....or not.

The new "trait tree" which is nothing short of wowtastic was a joke. Now all my builds are worthless my play style just got crapped on the toon as a whole is a total loss and not playable.

moving on to another game sadly.....bye lotro you will be missed as you once were (lol)

screw you turbine for selling out and you WB games for being the D-bags you are.... almost the number 2 to EA.

Comments

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I understand how you feel but it's probably better to post this on the official forums.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

its the problem with people, most of them cant handle changes..

And to some degree i can understand that, if you have been playing the same class for over six years and know every inch of it and toroughly enjoy it, changes can really hurt.

But if you look at it from the big pitcher, its not strange that they try and improve major things gameplaywise, and with time everything will heal and people will adapt.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

its the problem with people, most of them cant handle changes..

And to some degree i can understand that, if you have been playing the same class for over six years and know every inch of it and toroughly enjoy it, changes can really hurt.

But if you look at it from the big pitcher, its not strange that they try and improve major things gameplaywise, and with time everything will heal and people will adapt.

It's not about how they handling the changes...

they try and improve major things gameplaywise  that's the point, there's no improvement in these changes, only simplification. (I don't want to overuse the term dumbing down :) )

And while it hitted the hardest those who're playing the game for a long time, it's not only them. It affects anyone who like -even the tinyest amount- of thinking or character building. All what's left is 1 choice from the 3 trees. How do you allocate the points on the tree is mostly irrelevant, in every setting you'll be steamrolling through the world, with half-asleep.

Don't get me wrong, it's still LotRO. Now that I've started a few new characters I can see that I'm still in love with the Shire. As an adventure game it's still one of the best on the market.

But the whole character building, which is quite a big part in an rpg, is ripped out of the game now. And the combat (which I don't really care about in normal cases) is so dumbed down, that's almost disturbing. I tried to not put any points on the tree at all, but even that way I'm just ripping apart everything below signature bosses (and those are way too easy as well).

I can accept that being that god-like is fun to some folks. For me, and for many others, it's no fun at all.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Setzer
    I understand how you feel but it's probably better to post this on the official forums.

While I agree with the sentiment (though not the language) of the OP, your suggestion won't work.  If he tried to post something like this on today's official forums the post would most likely be deleted/the thread locked/and the OP banned (possibly perma-banned).

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    So were you stomping your feet and banging your desk while you wrote this little temper tantrum.  Oh no you had to figure something out in a video.  Maybe the point was to weed out the lazy players, the ones who tried this for 5 mins and threw their hands in the air and cried "I'm leaving" well you are in the minority my friend and everyone is laughing at small minority like yourself who can't comprehend the new changes.   Don't let Helms Deep gate hit you in the ass on the way out.  
  • GilbortrundGilbortrund Member Posts: 23
    A change to the same old is welcome and adds freshness to an otherwise very familiar grind. I'm enjoying Helms Deep.
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Umm.....obviously none of you actually PLAY the game.

It was easy before, but with the dumbing down of the trait system, most classes have gotten even more insane DPS.  A lowbie tank speced class can tank a mob well over 10 levels.  They cannot actually hit anything over 10 levels, but you can stand there and just twiddle your thumbs as mobs try to kill you. 

Or you can DPS your way through even con mobs and not even worry about your health going lower than 50%.  There used to be some challenge with the regular mobs, certain classes like Warden or Champ were kind of overpowered...but when you spec DPS you have even more power than you did pre-Helms Deep.

It's not just one class, it is ANY class with DPS abilities (which is every class).  Go and solo an Arch Nemesis mob even leveled....you can if you spec your DPS character right.

They broke the game.  The took away all the traits, gated most of them with trees but in doing so they totally messed up the DPS abilities.

If that is your idea of fun, go ahead.....the rest of us who have been playing this game for 6 years plus probably are all gone.  They wanted WOW-Easy mode and they sure got it!

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Yeah, the trait tree isn't horrible. I was expecting something worse and I'm enjoying the story content. However the amount of DPS abilities do right now is completely out of wack. Unless I can find an elite to fight most challenge has completely disappeared from the game (not saying it was hard before but wasn't completely faceroll like now..)...They really need to take a new look at some of the abilities.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    My hobbit burglar is currently 87 and not really having any problems with the changes so far.  Getting rid of a crowded skillbar in my opinon is a good thing.  If anything can be said, it would be how fast I seem to be leveling. I still find this game tons of fun to play.  Ive been here since 2008 so I am an old timer and dont plan on going anywhere.