Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: New Classes Revealed

Comments

• RAimotionRAimotion Member UncommonPosts: 3

"[QUOTE] Wizardy wrote

I fell for the BeastLord idea in EQ2 and never again,they did a crap job of creating a fun class.When learn from FFXI how to make a Beastmaster class, i might come looking.

Others are old classes nothing new  or creative,Tempest might be a new name but sounds like a dual weilding mage and nothing more.

Does SOE even know what the term Necromancer means?WHat the heck does a Necromancer have tchaotic energies.A Necro should be out to convert the good into undead minions.

A Tempest should be an AOE storm brewer,after all a storm wouldn't hit  just one person.The benefit would extremely powerful AOE but very long casting times and easily interrupted if melee attacked.

Where is the logic in having a Cleric use Fire,is this their sloppy attempt at rehashing old names but trying to make them seem different even if their ideas make no sense?Cleric's heal and banish the undead...see FFXI for the know how to make a healer class.

When i see this stuff it reminds me of how little creativity SOE has under their roof,it seems like the same old they have always been turning out,time they put some new blood in charge.[/QUOTE]"

you sir have no clue what you speak of.. SOE has already shown all their new ideas if you do not like em get the fock away from EQnext we will not miss you.. And to me they do not need new fancy classes like other games try to make.. the "new" classes are basically the same as the old just with new names and a bit of a change in skilles.. i LOVE that EQnext stay true to the lore that we have been grown up with since small children and read about in dragonlance and other GREAT adventures. Compared to Final Fantasy crap game, that mixes alot of things that does not belong together.... and thats also why they fail so much. So plz begon you are a pest to the serious companies that tries to make a world that fits together and keep their style.. BEGON PEST.

• TobrukTobruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Fangrim

Because the game is aimed at simpleton gameplay 'action' 8 button playstation controller.They can't possibly make a tactical game with 8 buttons.

And before the rtards come up with 'its more tactical to pick 4 skills than having all skills' or 'but you just macro all 50 skills into 3 keys'

I call these comments out as bullshit. The more skills at your disposal for situations the better,and anyone on EQ2 who uses macros is a lesser  player than ones that don't,they  just can't react to situations because the they are stupidly casting 8 aoe attacks or whatever.

The game sounds more like GW2 to me the more I hear.

its not going towards the PS controller. More like going back to what the original EQ used. You could only have 8 skills up at a time. As the skills leveled up you would have no use for the lower level skill and having it out in the hotbar would be pointless. Also if it was of the same skill set (ie stab, thrust, jab) they all used the same global timer and you would only be able to use 1 at a time anyways.

Oh and spells did not count for taking up space on the hotbars. They had their own window.

• RAimotionRAimotion Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I fell for the BeastLord idea in EQ2 and never again,they did a crap job of creating a fun class.When learn from FFXI how to make a Beastmaster class, i might come looking.

Others are old classes nothing new  or creative,Tempest might be a new name but sounds like a dual weilding mage and nothing more.

Does SOE even know what the term Necromancer means?WHat the heck does a Necromancer have tchaotic energies.A Necro should be out to convert the good into undead minions.

A Tempest should be an AOE storm brewer,after all a storm wouldn't hit  just one person.The benefit would extremely powerful AOE but very long casting times and easily interrupted if melee attacked.

Where is the logic in having a Cleric use Fire,is this their sloppy attempt at rehashing old names but trying to make them seem different even if their ideas make no sense?Cleric's heal and banish the undead...see FFXI for the know how to make a healer class.

When i see this stuff it reminds me of how little creativity SOE has under their roof,it seems like the same old they have always been turning out,time they put some new blood in charge.

You sir are a fool if you think FFXI did classes better than EverQuest... muhahahah the best CO-op game in the world compared with a retarded chinese/asien crap mmorpg... Geesh where do people like you come from.. NO game have ever had a better CO-op Community than EverQuest did.. and you dare to talk bad about that game... I say it again FOOL!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    hope game have shapeshift druid like wow:)
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    mmmm Cleric... with the power of fire....

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    necro > bl > tempest = cleric, for me.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by RAimotion

When i see this stuff it reminds me of how little creativity SOE has under their roof,it seems like the same old they have always been turning out,time they put some new blood in charge.

You sir are a fool if you think FFXI did classes better than EverQuest... muhahahah the best CO-op game in the world compared with a retarded chinese/asien crap mmorpg... Geesh where do people like you come from.. NO game have ever had a better CO-op Community than EverQuest did.. and you dare to talk bad about that game... I say it again FOOL!

FFXI had by far the best class system.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

"He will cleanse the earth. When Jesus comes again, He will come in power and great glory. At that time the wicked will be destroyed. All things that are corrupt will be burned, and the earth will be cleansed by fire"

Um... What the hell does the Catholic/Christian God have to do with cleric class... You've lost me.

Smile

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    This might all sound exciting but lets all keep perspective and remember that this game is free-to-play.

"Dear adventurer, your beast lord is now able to use a flail ..for $10"

Don't get over excited with this game. As EQ next landmark has already proved with recent cash grab pre-launch prices.

If my previous experience of seeing literally every prediction of how Perfect World/Cryptic would force you to spend money to get things like new weapon types for classes or mobs/objects for the foundry was false is any indication, I'm going to assume that your predictions of SOE doing the same to EQN will turn out to be false as well.

And as for the "cash grab", how dare they ask you to help fund a game that will be released without a box price or subscription.  How dare they try to actually release their game; the nerve of some people!

I am getting seriously annoyed with people that don't seem to understand that $OE is a huge-ass corporate company that in no way needs to charge for alpha and beta through foundry packs to be able to release their game. They aren't a freaking start-up indie company as some people seem to try and make them out to be.

Smile

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    No whip for beast lord?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by MadDemon64 Originally posted by Vivasvan This might all sound exciting but lets all keep perspective and remember that this game is free-to-play. "Dear adventurer, your beast lord is now able to use a flail ..for $10" Don't get over excited with this game. As EQ next landmark has already proved with recent cash grab pre-launch prices.
    If my previous experience of seeing literally every prediction of how Perfect World/Cryptic would force you to spend money to get things like new weapon types for classes or mobs/objects for the foundry was false is any indication, I'm going to assume that your predictions of SOE doing the same to EQN will turn out to be false as well. And as for the "cash grab", how dare they ask you to help fund a game that will be released without a box price or subscription.  How dare they try to actually release their game; the nerve of some people!
    I am getting seriously annoyed with people that don't seem to understand that $OE is a huge-ass corporate company that in no way needs to charge for alpha and beta through foundry packs to be able to release their game. They aren't a freaking start-up indie company as some people seem to try and make them out to be.

How do you think they became, and remain that giant monolith company?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    This is more of a wait and see for me. After what SOE did to SWG I always take what they say with a grain of salt.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Wait, what?!?!

Sure, I'm happy that they have my favorite class, the Necromancer.

But, I thought we would be able to mix and match in spells, skills etc. Like for instance, if I wanted the spell SOW, I could, but with the description of the class, that doesn't seem possible. 

I'm more happy though if we're back to basics, like, here's your class and the spells that comes with it. Have fun! (EQ1, EQ2, etc)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    This might all sound exciting but lets all keep perspective and remember that this game is free-to-play.

Don't get over excited with this game. As EQ next landmark has already proved with recent cash grab pre-launch prices.

*happily slaps down $10 on the table*  take my money

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    hope game have shapeshift druid like wow:)

I hope so too, I had a blast playing a warden in EQ2

Originally posted by Fangrim
    Wizardry writes:

Because the game is aimed at simpleton gameplay 'action' 8 button playstation controller.They can't possibly make a tactical game with 8 buttons.

And before the rtards come up with 'its more tactical to pick 4 skills than having all skills' or 'but you just macro all 50 skills into 3 keys'

I call these comments out as bullshit. The more skills at your disposal for situations the better,and anyone on EQ2 who uses macros is a lesser  player than ones that don't,they  just can't react to situations because the they are stupidly casting 8 aoe attacks or whatever.

The game sounds more like GW2 to me the more I hear.

No one is begging you to play.  Doors that way ===>

dont let it hit yah in the ass on the wAy out

"He will cleanse the earth. When Jesus comes again, He will come in power and great glory. At that time the wicked will be destroyed. All things that are corrupt will be burned, and the earth will be cleansed by fire"

Um... What the hell does the Catholic/Christian God have to do with cleric class... You've lost me.

Reading comprehension a lost science

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Reads the article, searching for a Cleric class - finds Cleric class with one handed wep and shield - sorted.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

If my previous experience of seeing literally every prediction of how Perfect World/Cryptic would force you to spend money to get things like new weapon types for classes or mobs/objects for the foundry was false is any indication, I'm going to assume that your predictions of SOE doing the same to EQN will turn out to be false as well.

And as for the "cash grab", how dare they ask you to help fund a game that will be released without a box price or subscription.  How dare they try to actually release their game; the nerve of some people!

Yea, so what?  Do you know how much money it took to develop the new AI they are deploying with the game?  What about the ability to make everything voxels or creating a multi-teired world?  No you don't.

What if Capcom did the exact same thing?  Would you make the same complaint?  I got news for you, despite being a "huge-ass corporate company", Capcom is almost broke.

Making these kinds of games is more expensive than any one of us could imagine.  Besides, speaking of start-up indie companies, nobody had any problems giving Inafune a bunch of money to create The Mighty No.9, or Wayforward money for Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero, or The Four Horsemen money to create their Gothitropolis Ravens toy line.

Some people just want to help fund f2p games they enjoy (or think they will enjoy).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Wait, what?!?!

Sure, I'm happy that they have my favorite class, the Necromancer.

But, I thought we would be able to mix and match in spells, skills etc. Like for instance, if I wanted the spell SOW, I could, but with the description of the class, that doesn't seem possible. 

I'm more happy though if we're back to basics, like, here's your class and the spells that comes with it. Have fun! (EQ1, EQ2, etc)

They haven't gotten rid of multi-classing. They are describing the base characteristics of the spells associated with that class.  The two weapons and the primary skills will be locked based on your base class selection, so a Necromancer might dabble in some Pyromancy support skills, or Rogue style stealth, but its core abilities will be Necromantic and based on the weapon equipped.

Also to all the people complaining about the description of Necromancer, just take a chill pill.  The term 'chaotic' probably just refers to the fact that they focus on disease and decay.  I would be surprised if Necromancer changed heavily from EQ1 / EQ2 where they could summon hordes of undead and did noxious spell damage.

Originally posted by apocoluster

*happily slaps down $10 on the table*  take my money

Maybe if the $10 was worth it, like a playable race that I enjoyed from previous EQ games that might not be playable from the get go in EQN *coughIksarcough*

Well, ok, maybe $5.  Kinda need to see what I'm getting with that package.  Still, $20 for beta access plus a few early items doesn't seem like that bad a deal, compared to what else $20 could get you (e.g. pre-owned copy of Darksiders 2 at gamestop ,a set of 4 Marvel Zombie minimates figures featuring Magneto, Galactus, The Red Skull, and The Green Goblin, etc.)

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Man, gotta say the descriptions of the Beastlord and Necromancer are worriesome. I suppose the hopes of another EQ1 will never be realized.
    Originally posted by evianwater
    Man, gotta say the descriptions of the Beastlord and Necromancer are worriesome. I suppose the hopes of another EQ1 will never be realized.

How are they worrisome?  Both are traditionally pet classes, both are described as pet classes...

I'm not quite following you here.

Because mainstream clerics are pretty much based on Christian faith?

This isn't the first game to have clerics focus on cleansing fire either.  Fire and phoenix imagery with clerics is pretty commonplace. For example - Rift, Neverwinter and Vanguard all have clerics that focus on using fire.  Even WoW priests have a skills called 'Holy Fire' and 'Inner Flame'.

The association with clerics / priests and flames is nothing new, and even in real life there is an association between light / flames and holiness.

Originally posted by Alders
    Originally posted by RAimotion

FFXI had by far the best class system.

Not even in the same ballpark as Everquest 1 sorry.