Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 days to die! Alpha 4

aendamaendam upland, CAPosts: 12Member

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that alpha 4 is for this little game called 7 days to die it's minecraft meets dayz.

Here is a video to show you guys what it's about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6iR2A9p4s

Also here is the Website

http://7daystodie.com

Let me know how you like the game!

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,611Member Uncommon
    I own and play this also and love the game and how fast its coming together. The dead linger is another good one that will be releasing the hunting update in two weeks which is adding crafting. But right now 7 days to die is good but until stealth and the new biomes come out Im kinda on break as I get sick of hearing the zombie wailing all night right on your bunker unless you dig down to bedrock to avoid the noise and despawn them .
  • aendamaendam upland, CAPosts: 12Member
    Yea i just turn the noise down. I love this game it's a ton of fun and The Fun pimps are Cranking out fixes and new content super fast just wanted everyone to check it out!
  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,699Member Uncommon
    It looks quite interesting, but $35 for Alpha access?  I think I'll be waiting until it's half that on a Steam offer, when the full release is out .
  • Joker1977Joker1977 FlorencePosts: 37Member

I've owned this since Alpha 2, and was unaware there was even an Alpha 4. I knew of Alpha 3, but didn't realize the updates were fast. I am surprised at a lack of emails from The Fun Pimps about this game. I'd love to be on a mailer list. I'm surprised by no email notifying me of updates because other games spam your inbox with update or actual spam "You bought the game, wanna buy it again or something? BUY BUY BUY!"

When I played Alpha 2, it was so "Alpha" that I decided to forget about it until it's released. This was my mistake, as it is not common for an Alpha or "Early Access" to ACTUALLY be an Alpha. Usually companies tack on "Alpha" as a way to release their game early.

I have no respect for companies who release products as "Alphas", "Betas", or "Early Access". Not that there is anything wrong with it, but that it is a joke in the industry for AAA studios but also for the "touched" indie developers. Like the ever so hilarious joke of followers of Dwarf Fortress who are legitimate when they state, "Hey, leave the game alone, you can't say it's bad. It's still in Alpha, and will be for the next 10 years!" I'm sorry, but if the developer says the game (which has been released for years now) is in "Alpha" and will be for the next 10-20 years, I can only help but facepalm and put him on the list of "touched" people.

Like the typical Alpha, Beta, or Early Access of AAA titles or MMO's, which are either marketing ploys of ready-to-release games or are the same game as old MMO's on release. Like I said, another way for AAA companies to release games the same as they always have; broken and unpolished, but with an excuse this time. They learned form fiascos like Vanguard.

So I was disappointed when I found out this game I bought was actually an Alpha, not the unpolished full version. As silly as that sounds (and as it is 100% my fault for thinking all developers lie to consumers), it was a bit surprising as a hardcore gamer (in every aspect of the word) to find out all these indie or small team "Alphas" are ACTUAL Alphas. Although it's my mistake, I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew that. However, I don't regret my decision because I plan on purchasing at minimum 3 additional copies of 7 Days to Die and eventually implementing it at work. That way I can play 7 Days to Die instead of Minecraft at work. Not that Minecraft is bad, but I know my clients would adore this game as much as I would love playing it with them.

I know it is definitely a rare occurence (especially in a market where a huge number of people won't buy a game unless it's $15), I actually do NOT care how much a game costs. I'd rather buy 4 copies of a $100 game that would better the quality of my life (and my friends/family) than 4 copies of a free PoS. So IMO, $35 is a steal for this gem, and $60 would be a fair price as well if it were fully released. However, if I knew it was truly an "Alpha" I would have passed unless it was <$15.

• DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,699Member Uncommon
    Well, it's STILL an Alpha game so by your logic it should be $15 and not $35.
  • ArclanArclan Chicago, ILPosts: 1,528Member Uncommon

I have alpha 3, I think. Had a blast playing for a couple weeks. Just had a few crashes in all the time that I played. Alpha 4 has me curious, but I'm not sure if I'll start playing again at the moment.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• RPGForeverRPGForever PortoviejoPosts: 120Member Common
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    It looks quite interesting, but $35 for Alpha access?  I think I'll be waiting until it's half that on a Steam offer, when the full release is out .

As always happens, people is in the rush for getting the alpha access and are willing to pay inflated prices, then 6 months laters the game goes to FTP. I must be supremely interested in a game to pay the full price I generally start playing 6 months or even 1 year later when a nice offer appears.

• iJustWantiJustWant Somewhere, WAPosts: 81Member
    I could get into this, it looks interesting. But there is no way I'd pay money for it until it's released.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Redlands, CAPosts: 3,675Member Common
    I'd never pay for alpha or beta access, if anything, they ought to be paying you to find bugs.  Put it on the shelves and I'll decide if I want to play it after it's been in the wild for at least 6 months.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• ArclanArclan Chicago, ILPosts: 1,528Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Cephus404
    I'd never pay for alpha or beta access, if anything, they ought to be paying you to find bugs.  Put it on the shelves and I'll decide if I want to play it after it's been in the wild for at least 6 months.

That sounds like good policy. But I will say that Alpha 3 is a lot more stable and less buggy than Vanguard was upon release.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• britzbanbritzban Brocton, NYPosts: 250Member Uncommon
    thanks to kickstarter, we are getting games for gamers by gamers. We are getting the games we have always wanted and I absolutely love the pc gaming evolution.   I am more than happy to help fund these badass developing games.  I am loving Rust and purchased that. I will purchase 7 days to die and am following Star Citizen to a T.    When you pay for these Alpha games on Steam, they are usually kickstarter projects, they are well worth the funding. It seems worth it to help these indie developers as they have the best ideas, not these rehash projects by the bigger corporations.