Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen hits 28 Mil Tuesday, 29 Mil Friday, and 30 Mil Saturday, 31 Mil today!

NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

It looks like the live stream anniversary sale is a success.  We still have until Tuesday with Limited Ships and then the lives stream and new ship reveals!

New ship revealed!

Salvage handily won the $32 million ‘ship role’ poll, which means that the next ship we hope to be developing for you will be oriented around exploring and recovering derelict starships and other hidden treasures! Here’s the first description:

• Aegis Surveyor – The Surveyor, from noted military contractor Aegis, is an industrial-quality salvage ship. Equipped with a reinforced cargo bay, a long-range jump drive and launch pods for unmanned drones, the Surveyor is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tool chest on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft.

Now it’s time to vote for the $33 million stretch goal ship! We have three manufacturers left, so choose wisely. And thank you, truly, for making this all possible. Let’s make sure no one ever forgets that when publishers wouldn’t spend a cent on AAA PC games, real gamers went above and way, way beyond to make Star Citizen happen.

— Chris Roberts

EDIT - added the 31 million to today.

Comments

• Shimmer9Shimmer9 Member Posts: 49

My Super Hornet with military upgrade will strike fear into my enemies, and make them rage hard core!

also it will be pink! :D

hahahah I cant WAIT!

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    You should make a Women of Star Citizen Video with Pink Hornets, male bounties captured in the back of your ship, etc!..  That would be great.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I just dont get how this game has made so much money.
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    I just dont get how this game has made so much money.

A backer just made this over the last few days.  Check it out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46095085/The%20BIG%20Star%20Citizen%20Admirer%27s%20Manual.pdf

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Anniversary offers always attact pleople to games but you cannot expect the tendency of these numbers to maintain the same in let's say one month.

Yes, but you would figure it would get a little coverage on the site for the Anniversary Sale since the sales are just incredible!
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    An anniversary sale for a game that's not even close to release?  And people wonder why this genre is clawing for life...

It's the anniversary of their first Live Stream last year.  It was 24 hours straight last year...this year only 4 Hours..  Starts tomorrow at 2PM PST.

This is going to breath new life into this gaming space..it's the publishers and investors who are responsible for not making the games we really want to play!

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

It's the anniversary of their first Live Stream last year.  It was 24 hours straight last year...this year only 4 Hours..  Starts tomorrow at 2PM PST.

This is going to breath new life into this gaming space..it's the publishers and investors who are responsible for not making the games we really want to play!

Gaming space? No. Maybe space gaming, but not gaming space. I'm looking forward to see what the game will become but massive funding doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be great. But it's looking good.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Really starting to get VERY disturbing. 

This is going to be like WoW.

All the stupid greedy game studios out there are going to look at this and think they can duplicate this success.

We are going to end up with 100 different space ship MMO's all touting to be the next best thing.

Every AAA studio is going to think if they make a space ship mmo then all that 30 million will end up in their cash shop.

2015 is going suck.

• salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169

People noticing any similar themes between Star Citizen and the forums here? Hmm.

• Target audience is adults
    • Realistic, high-res graphics
    • Meaningful death penalty
    • Guaranteed challenge with real-time "twitch" gameplay
    • Social cooperation created due to perceived "risk" of survival
    • Open sandbox universe
    • Designed for PC first
    • No pay-to-win (everything available in-game for free)
    • No publisher

Makes you wonder what would happen if a Fantasy MMORPG followed this pattern, eh?

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    An anniversary sale for a game that's not even close to release?  And people wonder why this genre is clawing for life...

Star Citizen's money and fanbase comes mostly from outside of 'this genre'.

Originally posted by syriinx

Lol..  You're a bit disconnected.  I and my guild...and several others..across several games would disagree.  Oh yea, they come from "somewhere else" ..which is why it's the highest hyped game on THIS site "in development".

You really should think before you type.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Lol..  You're a bit disconnected.  I and my guild...and several others..across several games would disagree.  Oh yea, they come from "somewhere else" ..which is why it's the highest hyped game on THIS site "in development".

And this site is a reasonable judge of the MMORPG landscape?  A site where WoW is the worst game and SWG pre-NGE was the best MMO of all time and Vanguard is the best game since?  A site that runs articles on Diablo III and Trove?

Chris Roberts is an absolute nobody to the MMORPG industry.  A guy never associated with MMORPGs, who has spent the last 10 years trying to be a movie director, isnt raising 31 million off of EvE and Jump to Lightspeed fans.

The crowd funding is doing well not because he is making a game with MMORPG elements, its because the guy who made Wing Commander series is making a massive, complex space sim

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

And this site is a reasonable judge of the MMORPG landscape?  A site where WoW is the worst game and SWG pre-NGE was the best MMO of all time and Vanguard is the best game since?  A site that runs articles on Diablo III and Trove?

Chris Roberts is an absolute nobody to the MMORPG industry.  A guy never associated with MMORPGs, who has spent the last 10 years trying to be a movie director, isnt raising 31 million off of EvE and Jump to Lightspeed fans.

The crowd funding is doing well not because he is making a game with MMORPG elements, its because the guy who made Wing Commander series is making a massive, complex space sim

His dream with freelancer was to make an MMO out of it, but he quit before he even finished the game. It's true he never made an MMO game before, but there is a first for everything. The guy has lots of reputation and that is a major reason why this game's crowd-funding is so successful. Lastly, Star citizen has MMO features, but nothing where stats and epic gear dictate power.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233

Correction $33mils+ now.

Chris Roberts is taking the best elements of Freelancer and Wing Commander and putting them into a huge Sandbox style game. With their level of transparentcy, our confidence is well warranted. Not even SOE has that. I think there are alot of people who have preconceptions about the game and like what they like. SC might not be the game for them but it will be THE game for alot of other people. It will require a good PC to play it well and thus, game experiences will differ. We've seen Eve players, Elite:Dangerous and 'The Mandate' fanboys and girls all put this game down..why exactly? What thus far makes it wrong or unfavorable? Right now, you can purchase items through pledges to fund the game. After launch everything is going to be in UEC game currency with limits on real money items and UEC. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

so many people will be let down by the fact that this game wont be a open seamless world.. ( mmo)

Hopefully the game will good tho 

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I think I might jump on the bandwagon with everyone else and pledge something lol so I can get the game at launch.
  • MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

I feel like any news for this game now needs to move past the whole budget thing and become more about gameplay/ the game.

I'm not saying stuff like that doesn't exist but its always behind or under a headline saying $$$$$$$.

I get it, you have lots of money, now don't waste it and make a poor game,

$$$$$ does not = good game

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    crazy.. simply crazy.. in a great way
  • Koukos2004Koukos2004 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    whats crazy is so much money people donated for a game maybe 2 years away....if they dont just grab the cash and dissapear in the sunset...
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Koukos2004
    whats crazy is so much money people donated for a game maybe 2 years away....if they dont just grab the cash and dissapear in the sunset...

haha no we know where their offices are, they can't just disappear :D

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, at this rate they could just wait another 6 months, then shut down the project and each employee could walk away with 2 or 3 million in cash...

Admittedly, they would probably find it difficult to get work anywhere else ever again, but then again, would they care ? image

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Every time I read something about this game I think..."Doesn't Eve already exist?"
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by psiic

Really starting to get VERY disturbing. 

This is going to be like WoW.

All the stupid greedy game studios out there are going to look at this and think they can duplicate this success.

We are going to end up with 100 different space ship MMO's all touting to be the next best thing.

Every AAA studio is going to think if they make a space ship mmo then all that 30 million will end up in their cash shop.

2015 is going suck.

Yup the whole genre is gonna suffer from this kind of thing.