Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• Luchs01Luchs01 Member Posts: 8

hey doomsaw,

has there been any thought about different sets of premade powers instead of constantly using retcons. for example, one for pve one pvp , one that you can make more offensive or defensive, etc.

• NotALizardmanNotALizardman Member Posts: 3

Hi Doomsaw!

Recently you announced that some hero design reviews would be postponed until a future point in December when damage for all heroes will be buffed and I had a few questions about that. I also have a third question about the design reviews in general.

1) Will damage and proc. coefficients be modified along with these damage buffs? Some heroes, Hawkeye in particular, really need their damage coefficients buffed.

2) Certain passives on certain heroes really need changed/buffed/removed/merged, will you be changing around or swapping any powers during this damage pass?

3) Is there anything you can tell us about the upcoming design reviews for Ms. Marvel, Captain America or Hawkeye? Any neat powers that the design team have come up with? Particularly long standing power changes?

Thanks for answering!

• resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28

Has there been any talk about bring content that puts us in place of famous Marvel storylines? Perhaps as raids?

Maximum Carnage, Dark Phoenix Saga... just thinking about them in a videogame makes my knees weak!

• bigchuckbigchuck Member Posts: 2
    Doomsaw, it took me a while to get used to the playstyle of Marvel Heroes after years of playing city of heroes and now I am hooked!
    With the introduction of PvP will there Be a lot of tweeks to every hero to appease the hardcore PvPers?
    From my past gaming experience, that is what always seems to happen and thus ruins my play experience in PvE.
    By the way, if you can't tell, I am anti-PvP
  • AoloebioAoloebio Member Posts: 3

Hello @Doomsaw,

What all can we expect to see regarding supergroup functions and utilities in the coming year?

What are your thoughts on the recent Asgard community event and what changes can we expect to see for future events?

Being that this game is made using the Unreal Engine, on average how many kismet events/node to you guys utilize per map and what would you consider to be the most complex sequence currently in use?

• aperfektfiawaperfektfiaw Member Posts: 1

Doomsaw,

Would you and the rest of the team be open to allowing a community hero creation,where the community can create a hero from scratch? 

• zexion_armandozexion_armando Member Posts: 2

Also curious as to something:

Are we ever going to mess with alternate universes in Marvel Heroes?

Mostly in relation to things like the Ultimate, Age of Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, 2099, etc.

• RiskyShizzleRiskyShizzle Member Posts: 3

Hey Doomsaw-

First of all, thanks for having this Q&A.  I've been playing since Beta and one thing I've struggled with is getting my friends to give the game a try.  There isn't a lot a hype out about the game on many forums (although there should be considering the game is so good!), so many of my friends take that as the game isn't worthwhile playing.  If you were just a regular gamer like myself, how would you persuade people to try the game out?

-Doggins

• njfernsnjferns Member Posts: 5

Hey Doomsaw,

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying (read: addicted to) Marvel Heroes. I'm a Premium Pack owner playing since the closed beta & it's just great to see how the game has grown from strength to strength. I also love how you'll actually care about your loyal players & consider player feedback & interests as well.

Now onto my questions...I was wondering about ETAs for the following:

• Scarlet Witch rework
    • Cable rework
    • When can we expect Mystique to appear as a villain? (And PLEEAASE tell me there's a chance Mystique fans will get to play her as a hero in the future too? I'd buy her presale pack in a heartbeat! Check out this image: http://i41.tinypic.com/24103nn.jpg - The costume on the left could be for her villainous avatar & the right could be the default costume for her as a hero.)
    • Upgrade Cosmic recipe?
    • Safe trading (Also will costumes & hero tokens ever be tradeable when safe trading gets implemented)?
    • Mac version. Many of my friends want to play Marvel Heroes too but they are eagerly waiting for the Mac version.
    Also for how long will the Unbind relic recipe remain cheaper?

Well that's quite many questions I got up there so that's it for me. Looking forward to your reply & thanks for doing this. You could have this like once every month.

• forgeholdforgehold Member UncommonPosts: 1

Hi I would like to ask if a defenders insignia will be in the game or if namor or silver surfer or she hulk will be in the game

• DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19
    Is there going to be anything for end game?
  • Megazarak729Megazarak729 Member Posts: 8

About the new mini pet slot, it's nice that we have it, but I always thought that it would be one slot shared among all our heroes, and that it would stay out until we deactivate it. Keeping the slot the way it is isn't the worst thing and does have its uses (maybe I shouldn't have sold away my 7 or 8 extra Old Laces), but would it be possible for us to activate the mini pet from out of the slot so that we could use it for all of our heroes? Having to unequip it, switch to another hero, reequip it, and then activate it is a bit of a pain, for those who like to have one of their specific mini pets running around with them.

• murd3rdollmurd3rdoll Member UncommonPosts: 3
    You guys mentioned before that Marvel has allowed/encouraged you to design your own versions of the heroes' costumes. Is this still true? If yes, how's the progress? Have you submitted anything or has Marvel approved any of your designs? Would love to see some of your team's costume ideas.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 2

Hey doomsaw

1st off just want to say ty for this game. i played it in beta a bit and at launch where i felt it was a good game but not great. the work you guys have done is stunning. so ty. 

ok, being a total pvp freak i wonderd what  are your long terms goals for pvp are? will there ever be say pvp only costumes (for say 1000 crowns) or more pvp gear? would you ever think about a 2v2 or 3v3 arena type game mode, very focused smaller scale pvp. i also think a capture the flag could work very well. well the ladders give say titles or cosmetic effects or something else? Finally when can we hope to see mintberry crunch in game? :)

• BCWaveBCWave Member Posts: 2
    Our supergroup's leader had disappeared for over three months. Any plan for us to transfer leadership?
  • RaynMaykrRaynMaykr Member UncommonPosts: 4

Hi, Doomsaw.

Thanks for all your hard work on Marvel Heroes.  It's come a long way and is heading in a great direction.

My question is related to leaderboards.  You've mentioned them a few times and that you may apply them to PVP AND Competitive PVE.  How are the leaderboards going to work?  Are you going to track players individually?  Or will we be able to form small teams that get tracked together?   Thanks very much.  And feel free to eleborate on Leaderboards and how you hope to implement them in game!

-RaynMaykr

• verdantrexverdantrex Member UncommonPosts: 100
    You've done a couple of "fun" animal-centric heroes with RR and SG - might a frog or duck come soon?
  • TinindilTinindil Member Posts: 10

@Doomsaw

Firstly, thank you for taking time out this evening to be able to answer some community questions.

My Question is in parts.

1st: AOE in this game, and in fact type of game is king. What is being done to buff single target heroes like Wolverine

2nd: my larger concern is Nightcrawler, he will be instant buy for me and my favourite marvel character, can’t wait for the release, however how will her perform, will he be largely single target melee?

3rd May we any more insight into Nightcrawler release schedual, i know its after Ghost rider, much to mine and many others dismay, but hows the development coming, and expected release now?

Many thanks taking the time to talk and listen to the community, its really important and good to see some company’s get it right
  • jbokujboku Member Posts: 20
    @Doomsaw -- Simple question...: Can I have a Gambit Hero Pack? :)
  • martinqmartinq Member Posts: 3

any plans for Open world PvP?

that every true PvP lover is waiting for, have you guys considered about implementing some open pvp system?

There are alot of Systems to help prevent griefing, so that should not be a big of a deal

• StingerDropStingerDrop Member Posts: 1
    Hello Doomsaw,

I recently saw a comment online when someone said, "this game doesn't give you any reason to team up". I disagree and thoroughly enjoy playing with a group. With that though, is there any possibility of "team ups" to come in the future of Marvel Heroes? I would love to see tag team moves, ie the Iron Man/Cap Repulser Shield.

Also...will Songbird become a playable character any time soon? I would love to see the Thunderbirds version of Songbird with the long white and pink hair with her carapace...fully equipped with her solid sound and sonic scream attacks.

Thank you for your time.
  • WyleyWyley Member Posts: 3
    When can we expect multi specs for PvE and PvP?  Will this still use the retcon system to respect each spec, both specs, or something new planned?
  • winterlover79winterlover79 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Is there a chance that we'll ever see costumes come with stats on them? For instance, if we get to a Hulkbuster armor for Iron Man, wouldn't it make sense to give it additional strength while you take away some of the speed stats?
  • VidulaSaixVidulaSaix Member Posts: 4

Questions:

1.) What are the long term goals for PVP in terms of function? Will we always have the one Fire & Ice map as we do now where the objective is to take down Turrets and eventually the enemy Guardian, or will we get new maps in the future with different objectives?

2.) When it comes to Raids, how will you guys handle the fact that there will be multiple Heroes on screen at once when some users already have issues in places like Midtown Manhattan when there are too many players gathered on the screen at once?

3.) Going forward with the future, we have seen more and more Heroes added with things such as Signature Powers and skills not being unlocked until level 30+ all the way to level 52, yet somewhat recently updated Heroes such as Iron Man and Jean Grey did not get this treatment despite their damage skills being between in line with these new Heroes and wildly overpowered like Iron Man's Pulse Bolt. Will these Heroes be receiving yet another design review in the future to make them more like recent Heroes?

• NailadeNailade Member Posts: 1
    Hey doomsaw!

1. Now that pop is here with its own balancing , will we be able store saved builds? I'd like to be able to switch from pvp to pve without respecing constantly

2. I lose my mouse courser allllll the time. Any plans to change it so it stands out better?

3. Add darkhawk please :)
This discussion has been closed.