Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• jamesdhunterjamesdhunter Member Posts: 6
    I know that raiding has been mentioned. Can you comment any on that? Player size? Will it be killing a single boss or multiple bosses? Will it involve clearing trash  prior to fighting the boss(es)
  • EvilPeterEvilPeter Member Posts: 2

Hey Doomsaw, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and thanks for an awesome game.

Do you have an estimate for when you expect to be done reviewing all existing heroes, bringing them into the current line with signature powers, ultimate powers at 52, etc?

• LordKrauserLordKrauser Member Posts: 3

1) I have played since launch, and the general challenge of most encounters has seemed to dip greatly.  We are growing stronger and our nemeses are not.  As somebody that can melt the mightiest of villians in the blink of an eye, what are you going to be adding to challenge me?

2) So I like making builds and I have no problem wading though convoluted numbers, but your approach to on-hit effects is, well, REALLY convoluted.  I feel like solid on-hit effects that are reliable and with no hidden mechanics would open up worlds of builds.  Your work on these has confounded me, and I'm simply curious.  What is your plan for on-hit effects?

• emptynaemptyna Member Posts: 11

the game is called marvel heros.. but it is possible to have villains implement as well?  or this game is restrict to marvel hero only? 

if villains are considered, will there be a different faction for villains and heros? 

• kohichankohichan Member Posts: 3

Question-1 "Trading" I am sure everyone would like to know if Trading Window or AH might be applied into the game for the bind on equipped gear only for a " more efficient trade" for trading artifacts / cosmics /etc  " instead of dropping items on the floor for exchange a player will open a trade window for both players to press accept"

Question-2: "Crafting" Will there Be more Use for Pure "Element" Or  profession of some type? 

Example - If I wanted to use pure element or other type of crafting material  to give bonuses to armor or weapons . or maybe simply make an random item from crafting or maybe even making new crafting  elements that are harder to get like legendary shards to make legendary weapons " when a legendary shard dropped " you can craft a legendary item " with random stats for a toon /charter you enjoy playing .?

Question-3:  "New Items Like Sets" As question above. maybe a PvP Set item for more balancing maybe from crafting it or earning it. or even both! . their is a PvP ring and it was such an ingenious idea but how about more items for both PvP and PvE to work for ?

Thank you Doomsaw for reading over my questions and I hope you answer my questions I'm sure a lot of people are wondering about the same questions.

• QuickZeroQuickZero Member Posts: 10

Hi Doomsaw

Will there be any more zones for PvP in the future?

• winterlover79winterlover79 Member UncommonPosts: 3

With Ghost Rider right around the corner, any chance that we'll see other heroes getting vehicles? Deadpool could use his scooter!

How long until Spider-Man gets both of his Amazing Friends? And if he does get them, any chance to get Ms. Lion as a pet? :)

• lycuzlycuz Member Posts: 2

Hello!

i got some questions about the supergroup systems, what are your progression there? and will you improve how the supergroups?

will / when will you add The Beast in the game as playable?

Lycuz

• RayquestmarvelRayquestmarvel Member UncommonPosts: 15

hi

doom saw  :)

buddy how are u ?

gr8 and thanks for constantly keeping the game fresh :)

first of all thank you so much for this awesome game

yup its awesome for me because i can play all my  dream marvel heroes

doom SAW buddy my questions are as follows :

Scarlet witch  :

she as become weaker her especially her  AOE  (50-51 LVL)

please make her as strong as b4 :) 

secondly i would request a chaos  shield for all allies with probability buff it would be gr8

my second hero is storm  she is also suffering the same  her attacks are not as damaging as b4

booth of these hero are one shot

my third hero is  LOKI hurray :)

DOOM SAW u  a fantastic job buddy

but a little minute issue here instead  of have a illusion as his power why  cant  it be replaced by a other marvel hero image

like morphing into  captain A OR THOR

secondly please can u make  loki thrall from meele to range attack for all enemies

next i would request please allow cold snap to freeze damaged enemies instantly and those into low health into fragments

plus life leech should also be increased

please do make these changes as its would make this awesome game more awesome

• ReplayXReplayX Member Posts: 10

Hello, i would like to ask what plans for NEW ITEMS and for the new areas for activity. Are they gonna be any more ''good'' items than the ''Uniques'' for example in the near future ? Also Are they gonna be more areas/ Hubs for the game ?[ For ex. now we have PVP / X- defense story mode etc ].

And your opinion about the all the game going on ....Until now[ your thoughts]

Also, 

What are the plans of Gazillion to make the game more fun more if you want ''attractive'' for the funs of Marvel and for the rest of the people in a summary.

Will be satisfied the players and the ''hardcore'' Marvel fans from the stuff that will be going on next year and anyways from the coming updates ?costumes story mode etc etc

• DiscodumleDiscodumle Member Posts: 2
    Hey doomsaw! I heard rumors about more villains getting added to the game, if so is this true? Also will we be seeing like a diffrent faction for villains, will they have like 9 diffrent chapters with other bosses? cause it would seem pretty strange playing magneto and killing magneto, thank you for your time man! :)
  • deathdude360deathdude360 Member Posts: 26
    Will we see an official talent calculator added to the Marvel Heroes website? I use marvelbase, but their tooltips are usually out of date

• SadareSadare Member UncommonPosts: 15

Hi Doomsaw

When will the map marker teaming issue be fixed ?

i'm hearing it is not fixed this patch yet, that's several patches we have not been able to see our team Matein game, its really quite frustrating trying to find team mates. Im sure you posted to Vedova ( myself) that should be live this patch.

Also when are we going to get X23, Psylocke and generally more female heroes playable ?

Thanks

• fathamburgerfathamburger Member UncommonPosts: 10

Two questions

1) The consensus is that the reroll cosmic recipe seems to be a bit of a waste and not useful till lvl 60 since there's no chance of rerolling a cosmic's level to be your current char's level or within the range so most people will not be using it for most of the game. Any chance of changing this or a new recipe?

2) I'm currently not going to be buying more heroes or even playing much in the way of new randomed heroes since the 1-30 experience gets old after your first few chars. Since most of your monetization comes from creating new characters, this essentially caps how much you can sell into me and probably others. Any longer term plans for some variety? you could do an "all paths converge" to Asgard perhaps for simplicity's sake for the moment. I've left some ideas and discussed it a bit more on this thread. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/43394/more-ways-to-level-to-30-side-stories-monetization-related-group-combos#latest

• Megazarak729Megazarak729 Member Posts: 8

A few quick questions.

Any chance that we'll ever be able to level our Costume Cores?

How's the Relic pouch idea (essentially a place to store all your relics separate from your main inventory) coming along?

Will we ever be able to do anything with extra uniques we don't want other than to sell or donate it?

Will Thor stop calling himself the Lion of Asgard anytime soon (Prince of Asgard could be an easily replacement)? As far as I know he's never referred to himself as such and only Volstagg is occasionally called such. I can't imagine he'd be happy Thor stole one of his "titles".

• lightamlightam Member Posts: 1
    can you give us any hints on what kind of bonuses to expect for ranks 8 and 9 of stats?  will it be static increases on current bonuses or will it include new bonus or bonuses?
  • DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19
    Hey I have a good idea what about a Marvel Villains game ^_^
  • diablo2123diablo2123 Member Posts: 3
    1. Do you have an ETA on more Action bars?

2. Can we expect more surprise heroes? Loki was a real treat when it was announced.

3. Are there any alternatives to MM in the works? For example endless dungeons with no mob respawns.

4. Can we expect Slot indicators for items in the future? Having found Uniques and wondering what slot they go into is annoying at times.  

5. Currently mobs are tuned for the open world and respawns are taken into that account. That means that blue and yellow mobs are too easy and less rewarding(drop wise). What are your thoughts on this?

6. What I also found missing in this game is the need to kite and use avoidance strategies to kill a hard mob. Crowd control spells are also hardly needed since mobs die so fast. Guess what I'm looking for is gameplay that is more like purple group terminals that is tuned for solo play and also rewarding.
  • PapaGazPapaGaz Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Group Challenges are important to me as a player of Marvel Heroes. I note these have gone from the terminals in game.

Will we see a return of these, and crucially will they have a queuing mechanic similar to X-Defence? If they are to return do you have any hints as to what format we'll see them in?

Thanks

• qjayqjay Member Posts: 2

Hi, first off GJ, etc.. pp guess you should ve read enough of this in other threads so i ll just go right to the topic

with the invention of prestige mode and the hero roster keep growing, chances of a raise in max level cap will steadily fall, since it will get harder from a developers Point of View to craft new skills (the more hero you got the more work you gotta do, so if we at one point have 100 heroes, upping the max level means you have to rework 100 heroes) i m fairly certain that you guys have brainstormed and discussed that topic internally.

also with prestige, having raised maxlevel, how are prestiged heroes beeing handled? just curious if you guys found aa solution for increasing the max level or could you give any insight about this topic?

• doatesdoates Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for posting again but I would really like to know also if there will be other gameplay relating back to movies similar to asgard questing and Thor the Dark world. Such as the upcoming avengers or xmen movie any thoughts Doomsaw? I think it would be terrific to see this!
  • MadaraUnmaskedMadaraUnmasked Member Posts: 1

Hi Doom,

I just received $100 in G's as an early Christmas gift (thank you guys for making gift cards available) It's already burning a hole in my pocket, but i'm hesitant to spend it all now in anticipation of possible sales around black friday or even Christmas. Can we get an idea if there are any sales planned around these periods and if so what will be going on sale? Thanks and keep up all the hard work!

• WolfGREEKWolfGREEK Member Posts: 1

Hello Doomsaw,i have a few questions:

1)Since there is a 1 hero a month plan more or less how will you ensure that weaker heroes won't fall behind?

2)What is in the works for the endgame ?

• jonathanytsjonathanyts Member Posts: 5

Hi Doomsaw,

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. My question is whether you guys have any plans for providing a better way to grouping with friends that allows for different level heroes to join the same game modes (x defence, pvp) cause right now I use one hero with my buddies but because they have less free time, I have to stop playing that hero for long periods of time so I don't out level them. However, this in my opinion isn't that great because i really enjoy playing the hero but if I do play it my friend and I won't be able to level together using those specific heroes

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question: @Doomsaw -- I play a lot with my significant other (SO), so grouping is very important to us.  Are there any plans to improve grouping?  As it stands, I have more free time than my SO, so if I want to keep our characters together, I have to shelve mine until she can play.  Maybe a method of matching the level of a groupmate, or going to an NPC to temporarily lower your level?  I don't want to leave my SO behind, but I also don't want to set aside a hero for long periods of time.

Answer: We have considered the exact function you have described and may do it in early 2014 in some capacity. We also have a few grouping improvements coming in the next two patches to make grouping easier and smoother. We are also working on a design to allow players to share Legendary Quests in some way so you can run around complete your quest (giving her some bonus exp) and then finish her quest (sharing in the rewards to some degree).
This discussion has been closed.