Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• Hi Doomsaw!

How do you envision raid loot working? Traditionally raid loot has worked much different then the ARPG loot system. 

Thanks

• EmerytPLEmerytPL Member Posts: 1

Hello Doomsaw!

Just one quick question - is there any chance to see Beak (from Grant Morrison's "New X-Men" run) one day in Marvel Heroes? I can only dream that he'll be a playable character, but how bout a summon for Beast? Just imagine this - a guy, who looks like an eagle, who beats the crap out of enemies with a titanium baseball bat!

• Nick3570Nick3570 Member Posts: 2

Hey Doomsaw,

A couple weeks ago on the forums you were talking about the possibility of doing a weekly stream or podcast about the game, i was just curious is that still being planned/when might we see that?

Also, a side question any rough estimation when Wolverine will get his design review?

Thanks.

• DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19

Are there going to any other maps for PvP?

• dennison89dennison89 Member Posts: 19

A few questions for you:

1st, Do you guys have a release schedule for Psylocke?

2nd, Can you tell me when Storm will be getting her rework?

3rd, Any good stuff you want to pass along about what is coming up?

4th, Rogue Storm? Anything you have

• Shadow_MagusShadow_Magus Member Posts: 1

Hello Doomsaw,

I love Midtown and the Legendary Quest system. Are there any new zones planned using this free roaming format and with new legendary quest objectives, maybe Asgard themed?

Thanks!

• UniquesUniques Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I have a couple questions:

1) Out of the upcoming 2014 hero releases, who are you most excited for?

2) Are there any plans for Mystique? Any chance we'll see her soon (either as a boss or playable)?
  • CommissarSCVCommissarSCV Member UncommonPosts: 24
    What is the planned order of the next *FOUR* heroes? :)
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28

Is there a possibility for "earlier" new heroes / content testing?

Like for example, testing Nova/Psylocke who are a long way to go, but giving players a chance to 'really' help the early development of this heroes?

• CyraxeCyraxe Member Posts: 2

Hey Doomsaw!

Can you give us any new information on Ghost Rider yet? Skill trees, notable powers, anything like that? 

Thanks!

• dendallin23dendallin23 Member Posts: 1
    So Nate Grey (X-Man) is one of my favorite heroes. Any chance we'll see him sometime in the future? Preferably as his own character, but if not as an Enchanced Costume for Jean Grey perhaps (although the animation for Phoenix would have to be different for him...)?
  • jamesdhunterjamesdhunter Member Posts: 6
    What are the plans for PVP? The current PVP seems promising but is limited and is technically PVE + PVP. Are there plans for more styles of PVP such as capture the flag? Or a pure PVP style map?
  • freakout117freakout117 Member Posts: 2
    Do you have any plans for an Iron Spiderman outfit, an Ultimate Iron Man, and Ultimate Wolverine, or a Enhanced War Machine outfit? Are you thinking of making a scarlet Spider Kaine costume?
  • WyleyWyley Member Posts: 3
    Any plans to make more Hero Bundles available through the game currency of Gs instead of specifically with money through the website store?
  • ZisthonZisthon Member Posts: 16

Now that Loki the first villian is out, will we see other playable villians?

Sincerely,

Zisthon

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Can you drop a hint (like now :D ) if we are going to see Apocalypse as part of the evolving storyline in MH?
  • Mittay12Mittay12 Member Posts: 2

Hi Doomsaw, Onetic in game here.

Just wondering what new Tech we might see with the upcoming Ghost Rider release and how will it change the way you make new heroes in the future?

Cheers!

• eerbin13eerbin13 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Doomsaw! I was just wondering when do you think we'll see additional hotbars for our skills and such? There are a number of skills, and artifacts with 'slot into hotbar' I'd like to use but do not have the room! Thanks for your time!
  • Zom3iesZom3ies Member UncommonPosts: 3

HI ty for doing this. =)

With the open beta pvp mode recently being introduced with 2.0 I wanted to ask about Marvel Heroes PVP.

Often in games PVP can adversely affect PVE and vice versa, some players are concerned this will happen with Marvel Heroes.

It's my understanding that steps have been taken to avoid this problem, so I was hoping you could talk about that with us a bit.

Tyvm! you guys are doing great with the game!

• rbwdorkishrbwdorkish Member Posts: 4
    are you going to ad any features that would make it more easy to help new players like a secure way to email them items a chat channel for new players to ask for help or some kind of buff we can cast on them
  • TryptikahnTryptikahn Member Posts: 1
    I've honestly met quite a few good friends playing Marvel Heroes. I'd say maybe 90% of us are in our own Super groups, due to there being no real benefit, in game,  to belonging to the same one. Will there ever be a super group rewards system put into place? Something like donating to the guild to have synergy type bonuses.
  • Kurgan2Kurgan2 Member Posts: 2

Heya Doomsaw, had a couple upcoming hero questions. I know there's already a Ghost Rider forum up, so he and Nova are probably next, but do you have even a rough idea when Nightcrawler will come out? Pretty sure he's in the short list of upcoming heroes.

Also, how far are we from a playable Dr. Strange?

Thanks!

• KeybladeMasterKeybladeMaster Member Posts: 6

Hello Doomsaw!

I was wondering if there were any plans to have a way to link items in chat so that we can hover over them with our cursor to see a tooltip with the item's stats/functionality

Hope you are having a great day!

• SuiciderSuicider Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hi ^^

Will there be any Group "Puzzle" Bosses  in the game someday? As example: a Boss where you need to shutdown energy cores which power up an shield , while 2 other players need to distract the boss. Something with more strategy involved then "hit him until he is defeated" ^^

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question: Thinking ahead down the road - two years from now we're possibly going to be looking at a roster of over 50 Heroes to select from in the game. With that in mind my question is two-fold.

Where do you see Marvel Heroes heading in terms of content, will you be placing more focus on the MMO aspect of the game and group play like with the planned release of the Raid in a few months? Do you see Supergroups playing a bigger role in the grand scheme of things? What else can we look forward to from you folks?

And finally, what are your intentions for the future when new players start the game from the beginning? With 50+ heroes in play in this hypothetical future, to even dream of reaching maximum level on all heroes would be a challenge in itself if the current XP system were to remain as it is currently. Can we expect new XP systems related to Hero Synergies or even Supergroups to be introduced to reduce the total amount of time to level all heroes in your roster?

Stay groovy!

Answer: Hey Jamtrax, some seriously good questions. With the solid amount of resources we have for the game, the extremely long-term contract we have with Marvel and the seemingly infinite amount of passion and work ethic we see around the Gazillion studio, I see a future with a ton of new stuff and improvements to old stuff for many years.

More specifically, we will continue to add:

- New heroes of every size, shape and color

- A couple new PVP zones of various sizes and design concepts (some feeling like open world areas, some with more cooperative objectives and a play-as-big-villain mode)

- Many new story chapters in development - some focused on end-game (like the Asgard stuff that is rolling out over a few months) and some story content that is more early game focused (such as the Bronx Zoo which is the largest and fanciest story chapter that we’ve already introduced)

- We will be adding the most-requested “synergy” feature, which is an increasing bonus to all your heroes for each hero you’ve maxxed.

- More functionality and advancement for supergroups and for individuals (too many things to list here, but will be coming in early 2014)

- We are considering a system that allows you to gain exp with a hero you are playing while you give a percentage of the experience to another hero on your roster, with an “Inspirational Mentor” type of flavor.
This discussion has been closed.