Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• jvfromanjvfroman Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Are there currently any plans to make at least 1 STASH space available with one of the many in-game currencys?
  • TinindilTinindil Member Posts: 10

@Doomsaw

Firstly, thank you for taking time out this evening to be able to answer some community questions.

My Question is in two parts.

1st: AOE in this game, and in fact type of game is king. What is being done to buff single target heroes like Wolverine

2nd: my larger concern is Nightcrawler, he will be instant buy for me and my favourite marvel character, can’t wait for the release, however how will her perform, will he be largely single target melee?

Many thanks taking the time to talk and listen to the community, its really important and good to see some company’s get it right
  • TraskaTraska Member Posts: 5
    Hey Doomsaw!  I play a lot with my SO, so grouping is very important to us.  Are there any plans to improve grouping?  As it stands, I have more free time than my SO, so if I want to keep our characters together, I have to shelve mine until she can play.  Maybe a method of matching the level of a groupmate, or going to an NPC to temporarily lower your level?  I don't want to leave my SO behind, but I also don't want to set aside a hero for long periods of time.
  • ValerianoValeriano Member Posts: 22
    What are some things that game developers (or you specifically) gain inspiration from when developing that may seen unusual to others? And is there anything that comes to mind specifically with Marvel Heroes? Also, do you guys draw any inspiration from other games?
  • DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19
    Hello I was wondering when is the level going to go up from 60?
  • KaiDKBKaiDKB Member Posts: 3

Psylocke seems to have been pushed back.  Any info on where she stands?

Also, how close is Gazillion's staff to being able to handle 2 hero releases per month?

Thanks!

• AlkalidumAlkalidum Member Posts: 2
    In the most recent patch Ironman and Spiderman took a pretty massive nerf bat for PvP, however Loki is considered one of the most OP heroes in PvP, are there any plans to nerf him in future patches? he can be made unkillable atm!
  • LopsidedPizzaLopsidedPizza Member Posts: 1

Greetings Doomsaw,

I’d assume the future plans for PvP are contingent upon PvP being “successful.”  Can you describe for us what the general criteria would be for us to consider PvP successful enough to seriously expand in Marvel Heroes?   (I ask this question to give us a soft baseline to help us keep our expectations reasonable as we move forward.) 

Thanks so much!

• vandynevandyne Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Can we ever expect Wasp to be playable? Yes, no or maybe?
  • zexion_armandozexion_armando Member Posts: 2
    Hello, Doomsaw.

I have a question mostly about the future of additional content.

We recently saw the opening of Asgard, and news on how more content is on the way for the next few months for that chapter.

Will other additional story sections follow this sort of plan? Rolling out in portions over time with player progress/assistance (like opening the Bifrost?) or will we see shorter and smaller, sort of one and done scenarios? And will they always tie into movie events, or will we see some tie in's with Marvel Comics (Infinity, Inhumanity, or Secret Wars/Infinty Gauntlet, et al)

Thank you.
  • jamtraxjamtrax Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Thinking ahead down the road - two years from now we're possibly going to be looking at a roster of over 50 Heroes to select from in the game. With that in mind my question is two-fold.

Where do you see Marvel Heroes heading in terms of content, will you be placing more focus on the MMO aspect of the game and group play like with the planned release of the Raid in a few months? Do you see Supergroups playing a bigger role in the grand scheme of things? What else can we look forward to from you folks?

And finally, what are your intentions for the future when new players start the game from the beginning? With 50+ heroes in play in this hypothetical future, to even dream of reaching maximum level on all heroes would be a challenge in itself if the current XP system were to remain as it is currently. Can we expect new XP systems related to Hero Synergies or even Supergroups to be introduced to reduce the total amount of time to level all heroes in your roster?

Stay groovy!

Edit: Thanks for the answer!

• KerryeeKerryee Member Posts: 8

Thank you for doing this question and answer, Doomsaw.  Just a few short ones.

I know the Asgard opening event was an experimental thing, and a lot of the reviews on it have been conflicting.  If you could do it over again, what would you do differently?

I don't want to scream "WHEN WILL _____ BE IN THE GAME" at you, but I am curious if there's more of a pinpoint on when Magik and/or X-23 will be in the game.  You mentioned on the main forums about some VO work done towards them.  Are they forecasted by next summer, I hope?

Is there some secret voodoo dance I can do to increase my odds of the RNG presenting in my favor?  (I wish) I know you've made comments about wishing it could be more balanced.  Is there anything in the works for that?

Some of the people from my Supergroup made a suggestion for Group Stashes.  Is there any chance of this at all ever coming?

Thank you for reading this over, especially if you choose to answer any of them, and I hope you have a nice evening.  :D

• yrnehxuodelyrnehxuodel Member Posts: 1

Ill post more as they come to me but I have been wondering.... What are the chances of the Runaways (Nico, Chase, Molly, Victor, Karolina) getting into the game? I'd throw my wallet at you for them, just so you know.

ooh. thought of something. Will there be a time when we can buy STASH tabs with eternity splinters?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Do you plan to extend group queuing as an option for all terminals and perhaps even storymode instances?
  • GWP03GWP03 Member Posts: 2
    Are there plans to have new content (playable characters, areas, etc.) coincide with and relate to upcoming Marvel films? If so, can you give us any clues as to what to expect?
  • Megazarak729Megazarak729 Member Posts: 8

How often will surprise characters like Loki be released? Will they always, or mostly be released alongside new movies? And would the trend of "at some point a villain and at some point a hero" continue? For example, For Cap 2 there's Winter Soldier, for ASM 2 there's Venom (I suppose this would be Eddie, Flash would come at some other time, maybe around GotG), and for DoFP there's Magneto.

• jeram92jeram92 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Doom,

I was wondering who is your favorite hero in the game and your favorite that isn't in game yet.

Also, have there been any cool ideas for supergroup functionality?

Thanks for doing this AMA.
  • bakubakubabakubakuba Member Posts: 2

1. How often do you plan to do rework of heroes? I saw the list of future reworks, and I'm very happy that two heroes that I'm interested in are on this list [Black Panther, Black Widow]. But I would like to know the estimate time between one rework and another. Especially that I wait for Ms Marvel and Punisher rework.

2. How taunts and invisibility works in PvP? Or should I ask how you want it to work in future? The option to play more sneaky or more tanky could be really nice in team vs team enviroment.

• GodAmongMenGodAmongMen Member Posts: 1

To start off love the game been playing since beta!!  My questions are concerning Endgame Content.

1.  First off, is there any plans for any type of Heirloom gear (levels up with your hero and when equipped is the current level of the hero) witch will be soulbound to your account(not bound to 1 character so that way every hero can use it)?  Many people as myself get much enjoyment out of leveling multiple characters in various games.  Heirloom type gear would be great for a game that has Prestige system like Marvel Heroes.  Just throwing out an idea but that would be something great to add to the weapon and armor vendor collect so and so, donate so and so to create Heirloom chest piece!!

2.  Any plans on adding an Inferno type difficulty?  Making every enemy in the game from mission 1 to mission 9 level 63 and drop all level 60 items.   As well as MP (Monster Power) to the difficulties so we can make it more challenging specially if Heirloom gear is or would be added.  And also for each MP level more SiF and RiF as well as increased exp so we can keep leveling through those Prestige levels and Legendary items!!

3.  And last question concerning Terminals or possibly adding maps to the game.  Kind of something like Path of Exile has some kind of map system to the game or even possibly Terminals.  X% monster has so and so dealing more extra damage, or % resist to mental, energy, or physical damage.  Hero enters Terminal with a debuff (curse), you have 5 mins to kill X amount of mobs + boss - if time runs out hero dies and can not re-enter this instance.  Each type of suffix or affix for each Terminal or Map yields more exp, SiF, or RiF - depending on the difficulty, such as what suffix or affix rolls yields more bonuses to exp, SiF, or RiF.

Thank you for all you have done with this game so far, looking to many more months and years of fun game play!!!

GodAmongMen

• IcewormIceworm Member Posts: 1
    Are there any plans formed for the inclusion of more items like the Hand of Doom? i.e. items that are only dropped by a certain boss, difficulty, or maybe a reward for specific quests?
  • BCWaveBCWave Member Posts: 2
    What kind of items will we expect to see from max level vendors?
  • deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51
    will trading system be implemented?  will there be auction house in the future?
  • latiasfanlatiasfan Member CommonPosts: 3

Hi Jeff! 

First want to say thanks for doing this! Love how much you guys love to talk to the players! So keep up the good work! 

So my question is that with a game like Marvel Heroes, you have to have some fun developing it :P So what is your favorite thing about working on the game?

Thanks!

• NerdpoolNerdpool Member Posts: 5

What project was the biggest pain since you started working on Marvel Heroes?

What would you say is your biggest accomplishment in Marvel Heroes?

In the future will you be able to change your screen name in MH?

• stimpsonjstimpsonj Member Posts: 1

Hey Doomsaw,

Any plans to implement a second skill tree for PVP?

Any plans to implement an onscreen notification for uniques?

This discussion has been closed.