Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28

Any plans to add modes or fights resembling famous Marvel Storylines?

Say Maximum Carnage, or Dark Phoenix Saga, Even Avengers vs X-men!

• luffy251995luffy251995 Member Posts: 4

Do you have plans on making other uses for credits? I think that right now the only use for it is for crafting.

Like buying an in-game house that you can customize using credits and allows your friends to enter or using it as donation instead of items, etc

• jarisnazzjarisnazz Member Posts: 2

Hi Doomsaw. I have one main question. Jean Grey is my all time favorite character. She is fun to play in the game, but I was wondering if their are any plans to buff her damage? As Phoenix, Jean has nearly unlimited power in the comics, and even though she is way more fun to play since the 2.0 patch, is still find her damage lacking, both in phoenix form and non-phoenix form. At the very least, would it be possible for her non-phoenix form to at least get a buff? Thank you very much for doing this thread!

Jarisnazz.

• SparticusbombSparticusbomb Member Posts: 8
    Will most, if not all, of the character models be playable heroes eventually? 
  • KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Hey Doomsaw !

PvP in Marvel Heroes sometime feels like it could use some balancing (one shot kills, some heroes feels like not dealing any damage despite the 10 level range)... I'm pretty sure the gear makes it hard balancing PvP in a game like this, and I know Gazillion is reviewing the heroes.. What part does the PvP takes when it comes to balancing heroes compared to PvE ?

Thanks !

• ValerianoValeriano Member Posts: 22
    Would you guys consider re-evaluating the prestige system? I feel that the cost in time and effort is not worth the rewards that are currently available. Would there be any consideration of a paragon style system? where the exp a max level char gets applies to your account leveling? or are you keeping max level exp with legendary items?
  • TheShamrockTheShamrock Member Posts: 16

Hey DOOOOOOOOOOOOMSAW!!!!

sorry had to.

What made you want to be in game development?

Being a current student in Game Art I'm always curious what makes people like yourself want to go into games.

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question: When will the item trading interface be added to the game, and will we be able to trade Unique items?

Answer: We are working on an item trading interface to launch in early 2014. The main development time is to ensure it’s 100% sure and cannot be exploited in any way to protect honest players.

Uniques items have always been “self-found” and will always remain that way. It’s important for certain items to be tradeable to support a healthy and reasonable trading environment, but also have a few rare items that are self-found for players, which is a role that uniques fill (along with Legendary items and a few other very rare item types).
  • KevlarGibsKevlarGibs Member Posts: 1
    Is there any character you don't think is possible as a playable character... either as being too "over powered" or "under powered"... or even just plain not a right fit for this game?
  • CelticPrideCelticPride Member Posts: 1

Hey Doomsaw!

The party system in the game is really buggy right now, sometimes it will tell you to be in the same difficulty when you are, sometimes it won't show your party members in the UI even though you're in the party, and sometimes you just can't see the avatars of your party members.

Have you guys fixed all of this in the recent patch, and are you planning to improve grouping/add more group features, or anything of the sort?

• thecomicguythecomicguy Member Posts: 2

First of all, thank you. I've had a blast playing since beta and love the game. I'm really looking forward to Nightcrawler and seeing what costumes and powers he gets.

I was curious what the licensing process is like as far as what characters and costumes you can use. Is anything and everything up for grabs to the point we'll eventually play as Howard the Duck and Machine Man, or are certain characters off limits?

P.S. I would love to see Multiple Man in the game as a playable character.

• GWP03GWP03 Member Posts: 2

@Doomsaw

Any plans to make Hank Pym (Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Yellowjacket) playable in the near future? You mentioned that you were looking for unique power sets and play styles. Pym has the potential to be one of the most unique characters on the roster.

• OmegaTheoryOmegaTheory Member Posts: 3

Do you plan to release 'The Morloc's"' in any kind of game play as bosses or allies during a boss fight?

With Gambit's release are we going to see his Death costume?

And do you plan to add special conversations between characters and bosses, such as Gambit and Mr.Sinister?

OmegaTheory

• dennison89dennison89 Member Posts: 19
    Just out of curiosity, how long is this event? There is a lot of questions here and Doomsaw is only one person so will the question continue to be answered in the MH forums?
  • njfernsnjferns Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

Several of the upcoming heroes are challenges that we want to tackle, such as “How to make X-23 play differently than Wolverine”, “How to make Rogue feel interesting in the confines of a video game”, “How to build 20+ powers for Doop”, etc.

“How to build 20+ powers for Doop”

Say whaaaaat? This definitely HAS to be one of your Doomy quips lol! Either way I'm fine with more Doopiness!

• doatesdoates Member Posts: 4
    Will other marvel movies intertwine with the game such as how Thor the dark world did with the new chapter Asgard?
  • Luchs01Luchs01 Member Posts: 8
    with how popular the marvel zombie comics were, do you think they will ever be put into the game somehow. either costumes or gameplay?
  • jbokujboku Member Posts: 20

@Doomsaw

Great news about the MAC Client already being worked on and possible coming soon!  What about Linux systems?  Is there any plan to implement them?

• ZisthonZisthon Member Posts: 16

Will there be a linux version out in the near future?

Sincerely,

Zishon

• CommissarSCVCommissarSCV Member UncommonPosts: 24
    At the moment most people don't feel it necessary to level their Weapon/Gear vendor.  Is there any information you could give on their revision(and the crafting system in general) to give them hope?
  • gubeangubean Member Posts: 1
    Any news of Achievements and what rewards would you get for unlocking them?
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

Question: When will the item trading interface be added to the game, and will we be able to trade Unique items?

Answer: We are working on an item trading interface to launch in early 2014. The main development time is to ensure it’s 100% sure and cannot be exploited in any way to protect honest players.

Uniques items have always been “self-found” and will always remain that way. It’s important for certain items to be tradeable to support a healthy and reasonable trading environment, but also have a few rare items that are self-found for players, which is a role that uniques fill (along with Legendary items and a few other very rare item types).

While I understand the logic behind this... Nothing sucks more than getting a level 60 unique for a hero you don't even have. Or a level 1 etc... So how about letting you "Transform" uniques that are unbound, and once you transform it becomes bound to the hero that you transformed it to. That way the system can't be abused and we still get a chance to power up our favorite heroes

• ReplayXReplayX Member Posts: 10

Hello DoomSaw !

Thanks all of Gaz. Team and the Community team for your BIG efford.

I would like to ask if there is gonna be any chance more villains to be playable in the near future ? For example Loki has been already playable. Are we gonna see MAGNETO and others ??any plans 

Thanks for your time and your efford :)

• rockfuriousrockfurious Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Will there be any new types of drops that will be our end game goal? Such as factions drops?
  • QuickZeroQuickZero Member Posts: 10
    Do you plan on adapting any famous marvel story lines into the game?
This discussion has been closed.