Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF1 had more active players based on steam official numbers and a recent thread.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

The DF UW loyal players have been lying to you this whole time. DF1 had and will always have more players than DF UW will ever have.

On steam, there's around 100 active players left. Since i know for a fact that not everyone use steam and that probably more play without it, based on a recent thread, it still looks like DF is as empty as the official number we get on steam. They say the game now feels empty weather it's prime time or during the weekend.

One thing everyone need to know: the world of DF1 is a lot bigger than DFUW's. Not everyone had access to the teleportation via portal chambers. There was a lot more dungeons vs 2. There was no safe zones and everyone were able to cross the city walls. 

With that being said, in DF1, it was never hard for me to find players to hunt during prime time and especially during the weekend in the open, in the popular dungeons, at the rare golems, at the mage island, the fire dragon spawns, the devil/demon and at various mini bosses spawns. On yssam, cairn, middle map and rubi, it was full of pvp. Nifflehelm was mostly for the newb's. Around a siege stone, it was a massacre. After the siege was over, the area was left with full of roamers and long hours worth of pvp and loots.

Now, imagine if the world of DF1 was smaller, if everyone were able to use the chambers and if DF1 did not end couple months after AV finally decided to reduce the grind(x20 btw). It took me 2 months to max a character when they did that grind reduction. For some, it took a week or less than a month. It takes 2 months to become level 70 in wow(In my bc time) or a lot less.

This is only the truth and if i post this info in the official forum, i will probably receive an instant ban.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

The DF UW loyal players have been lying to you this whole time. DF1 had and will always have more players than DF UW will ever have.

With an intro like that... who here is expecting an objective well founded critique, not me! And all this based on... Steam? Something almost no DF players use, which you yourself admit?

On steam, there's around 100 active players left. Since i know for a fact that not everyone use steam and that probably more play without it, based on a recent thread, it still looks like DF is as empty as the official number we get on steam. They say the game now feels empty weather it's prime time or during the weekend.

So what you're saying is "I know the numbers don't count for anything... but... I FEEL LIKE THE WORLD IS EMPTY, THEREFORE I AM CORRECT!

This is only the truth and if i post this info in the official forum, i will probably receive an instant ban.

It is only opinion. And why would it get you banned? They let people get away with murder on the official boards. You should know that, you used to troll them. You say yourself that you haven't played in months, and that you hate Unholy Wars, sooo ... we should believe you why?

Not that anyone will actually give a coherent response to my post, MMORPG.com has always been a haven for trolls who despise Darkfall and go out of their way to just make shit up about it.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

AV never gave their playerbase the chance to tell them that DF:UW willbe a failure.

First case :  They developed in in secret pretending to deliver something different till it was too late.

Now they get to know the truth about DF's playerbase opinion on DF:UW the hard way.

Second case :  AV gave a shit about the DF customers trying to replace them with a imiginary playerbase who would love the AV turn towards themepark and change of phiolosophy on games.

Same outcome like in first case, there isn't any imiginary playerbase who would like the ideas of DF:UW.

The right thing to do : DF2010 (in the sense of "would have been" - now too late)

Keep adding to DF1 and implementing all the promises in the DF2010  announcement, gettibng more content and sandbox ideas into the game till the game reaches the original vision razorwax had in mind for it.

They choose the wrong path and not for the first time..

They should know that classes are a failure ...their philosophy in  a whole decade was against classes...i doubt anyone envisioning the "real good DF version" has ever had classes in mind...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Time to move on, dead game is dead.

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Indeed, all the discussions remeber me the talk in SWG forums after they implemented NGE which killed the game.

DF:UW is AV's NGE.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

df1 could have been the new nichy population game like eve but the company is simply too stupid.

Forgive us if we don't believe a publicly self declared dater of Unholy Wars.

The revisionist history is amazing in this thread. Darkfall 1 had almost no players in it for a full year and a half before it shut down.

Originally posted by Snoepie

df1 could have been the new nichy population game like eve but the company is simply too stupid.

Not without entirely revamping the core of the game, the alignment system, the 1 class play style and a year long grind, and broken mechanics like bunny hopping all over the place.

Which is what they did.

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

The revisionist history is amazing in this thread. Darkfall 1 had almost no players in it for a full year and a half before it shut down.

Not updating the game and declaring it for dead with "new game" bs talk announcement from tasos and the uncertaininty about the wipe didnt help to kill it ?

AV wanted DF dead, now it is dead ....simply as that

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Guys, let's be honest here.

If someone like DarthRaiden (one of the biggest fans DF has seen) hates the game, it truly is lost beyond words.

/thread

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Not updating the game and declaring it for dead with "new game" bs talk announcement from tasos and the uncertaininty about the wipe didnt help to kill it ?

It was dead long before they announced a new game. Long long LONG before. The last time it had any population at all was when they put in Sea Towers. What was that, the second expansion? After that, the game had almost no one playing at all.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

One thing everyone need to know: the world of DF1 is a lot bigger than DFUW's. Not everyone had access to the teleportation via portal chambers. There was a lot more dungeons vs 2. There was no safe zones and everyone were able to cross the city walls. 

With that being said, in DF1, it was never hard for me to find players to hunt during prime time and especially during the weekend in the open, in the popular dungeons, at the rare golems, at the mage island, the fire dragon spawns, the devil/demon and at various mini bosses spawns. On yssam, cairn, middle map and rubi, it was full of pvp. Nifflehelm was mostly for the newb's. Around a siege stone, it was a massacre. After the siege was over, the area was left with full of roamers and long hours worth of pvp and loots.

Now, imagine if the world of DF1 was smaller, if everyone were able to use the chambers and if DF1 did not end couple months after AV finally decided to reduce the grind(x20 btw). It took me 2 months to max a character when they did that grind reduction. For some, it took a week or less than a month. It takes 2 months to become level 70 in wow(In my bc time) or a lot less.

This isn't exactly true...DF 1 and DF UW will run the same course.  Both games are unique so players that want that hardcore pvp/sandbox feel will always keep going back.  Every patch AV will promise something and there will be a huge influx, but then after the patch...few weeks in, everyone leaves.  Then the cycle continues...so the numbers really depend on what AV has just done.  When they do the next patch, the game will be hopping...then a month after, it's dead...just how DF works.  AV is a bad company, they have the most loyal fan base in the world, but until a good company takes it over or makes a similar game, ...the cycle will continue.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Isn't this game failing to meet the number of subs required to continue providing service/ content updates?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Yeah, i forgot to bring in that wipe story. IT's also true that tasos killed his own game, not the player based. When they announced a wipe, i uninstalled DF coz there was no point of me grinding in a game that was gonna get wiped anyway. I came back after the x4 grind reduction weekend. It was enough time to make my character become viable so i decided to stay after that. 

It's just a proof that when you want something dead, you just have to end it yourself, but you also have to bear the consequences. We go to jail for killing our grandfather who is probably healthy enough to live for years based on his physic, but if we decide to flush his medication in the toilet, then of course he is gonna die prematurely. Just when DF1 had enough players, AV ended it and they now have to pay the consequences of their act which is DF UW on life support. 

Originally posted by SirBalin

This isn't exactly true...DF 1 and DF UW will run the same course.  Both games are unique so players that want that hardcore pvp/sandbox feel will always keep going back.  Every patch AV will promise something and there will be a huge influx, but then after the patch...few weeks in, everyone leaves.  Then the cycle continues...so the numbers really depend on what AV has just done.  When they do the next patch, the game will be hopping...then a month after, it's dead...just how DF works.  AV is a bad company, they have the most loyal fan base in the world, but until a good company takes it over or makes a similar game, ...the cycle will continue.

I would hope you were right, but in a class based game, AV don't understand yet that they need to patch as fast as a AAA title. I'm tired of imbalanced roles/schools and we're not only stuck with one character, there's also no re-spec. Even with re-spec, it would be worse coz everyone would end up picking a duelist which is the norm right now so i don't want to see that yet.

As an mmorpg, there's not much room for customizations. If you're a warrior, you're stuck with warrior sets and skills only. Even in wow, a warrior can atleast wear a robe of a mage and wow has so many skills vs 10 that they don't have to worry about one class not atleast having a bit of everything. The common abilities in DF UW were supposed to take care of that, but not at all. I want heal others, launch back in, a common mobility spell and brawler's dash removed, nerfed revive of the primalist. 

So instead of re-implementing great features like encumbrance system that was already in DF1, they remove them when all we wanted removed was fizzle years ago. I won't talk about enchanting coz i know they're just as slow as a snail at this point. 

All in all, DF UW is totally against their old philosophy of their oldest website. The features in there is the same as sandbox games like UO with fps gameplay. Instead, we have a complete safezone for everyone, 6 of them and it's safe pretty far outside the cities and it's not only for newb's. There's no alignment or flagging system and no chaos cities.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Lets be truly honest for once. DF1 and DFUW are/were both complete failures. DF1 would have never been shut down if it was profitable. DFUW was AV's attempt to make the game profitable. They just couldn't figure out that a mmorpg needs more than a combat system and rudimentary pve.
    Originally posted by CowboyHat
    Isn't this game failing to meet the number of subs required to continue providing service/ content updates?

The only word we have is that there are 20 thousand subscribers and AV would like 35k to be comfortably profitable. They are able to continue without it. Claus has said the extra subscribers would help them get over a hump faster, but they'll get there either way.

As the game just had a patch about a week ago and has successfully been testing in Asia... can't say the game is going to stop any time soon.

Originally posted by SirBalin

i dont think there is cycle this time balin..

There is so much fundamentally wrong with uw that everyone of darkfall already gave up which you can see in the current pop on the servers. You can see it on the forums aswell.. Normal times during df1.. we have around 600/800 people browsing the forum.. currently if they are lucky.. they got 100 people browsing the forum.

heck loot @ all the big clans of EU.

Sun had a populataion of 300+ members in df1 this clan has now 5/10 actives maybe in uw

lux arcana had around 200 clanmembers in beta of uw.. this whole clan left and none is playing

Z5 left aswell.. was a small clan tho.. but very dedicated to the game. None is playing

NME on the NA server had around 200 clanmembers or more in df1.. almost none is playing currently in uw

Sick basterts. had around 300 clanmembers in df1.. handfull of poeple left playing in uw

there are plenty more known df1 clans that left.. the list is endless

imagine if they listend and act accordendly to the players during darkfall 1.0 we would have an amazing game 

Heck look @ their classes.. tell me this: how is it possible to give 1 class mobility spells and another not a single one in a FPS game.  impossible to balance that

Lots of players said during beta that the core of uw was already broken.. Av should have never "fixed" things that were not broken

tons of good suggestions were made during df1 and none came to the game. 

Things like deployable warcamps.// new armor(demon armor) // new Q6 mats // and so forth

People are :

A: fed up with giving suggestions that av dont even read.. exspecially when AV comes with crap like loot loss on gank orso.(mindblowing)

B: the game uw is so broken and restricted to gameplay that none find is amuzing to play any more.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

DFO had fundemental problems at its core, that only minor tweaks could not fix. The only reason the population didn't bottom out as fast is because of the forumfall build up prior to launch and the grind (took people longer to realize the game was crap). UW has had better player retention in terms of NEW players than DFO ever did; however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

One of the fundemental flaws with DFO was how it did a classless system, yet it had a silver lining of never being unbalanced since everyone gravitated to the best skill use combinations. Don't act like classes are the reason the game is failing. While duelist is OP, its not game breakingly OP

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by xpiher

however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

We actually agree on something. If anyone hurt the game other than the developers, it was that group of whiners. The game needed actual things to do other than kill each other pointlessly quake live style. Things that would give meaning to combat. Luckily the bulk of the mvps seem to fall into that category. The future is secure!

Originally posted by MrBoots

however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

We actually agree on something. If anyone hurt the game other than the developers, it was that group of whiners. The game needed actual things to do other than kill each other pointlessly quake live style. Things that would give meaning to combat. Luckily the bulk of the mvps seem to fall into that category. The future is secure!

I dont't think DF1 playerbase forum suggestions for the game was bad.

beside the number 1 complaint about the "grind" which personally i always stated wasn'r DF's problem the most polls got won by the sandbox suggestions.

The original DF playerbase wanted a local economy  and not being able to port everywhere, players shouldn't receive global messages, dynamic content instead of the global fortress timers etc,  local player vendors in playecities, deployble traps, clan tabards  etc etc. 

The playerbase demanded sandbox features and had a good picture about how Darkfall should have been as a sandbox game.

Sure the there was a vocal FPS crowd who just didnt liked sandbox ideas and just wanted wquick PvP but it was a minority and most polls run at official dorums prooved that.

Originally posted by MrBoots

Sorry, I'm confused what you mean. Do you mean that the MvP members want more out of hte game than mindless PvP?

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

DFO had fundemental problems at its core, that only minor tweaks could not fix. The only reason the population didn't bottom out as fast is because of the forumfall build up prior to launch and the grind (took people longer to realize the game was crap). UW has had better player retention in terms of NEW players than DFO ever did; however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

One of the fundemental flaws with DFO was how it did a classless system, yet it had a silver lining of never being unbalanced since everyone gravitated to the best skill use combinations. Don't act like classes are the reason the game is failing. While duelist is OP, its not game breakingly OP

I am afraid classes IS of the reasons that kills the game.

DF has been envisioned as a game about freedom which promised players "1000 skills" (Tasos) . Being traped in a class layout which just 4-5 spells in disposal is freedom highly reduced.

A diffrent solution to DF 's problem of 'everyone can use all skills  at once' has been announced in DF2010 announcement and that was armor specializations and (prestige)title attribute boost, which would have solved that problem, still allowing the freedom in use of skills that was DF's main strength.

I said "one of the reasons" with the other being sandbox content , which means handing out tools to the players for  player driven interaction with the the open world, real housing, all items craftable, area control mechanics, dynamic missions/mob spawns/ ressource nodes, customizable playercities etc etc.

DF:UW doesn't offer any sandbox content while highely reduces freedom. This is both poison for everything DF stood for for over a decade.

DF has been envisioned as a game about freedom which promised players "1000 skills" (Tasos) . Being traped in a class layout which just 4-5 spells in disposal is freedom highly reduced.

A diffrent solution to DF 's problem of 'everyone can use all skills  at once' has been announced in DF2010 announcement and that was armor specializations and (prestige)title attribute boost, which would have solved that problem, still allowing the freedom in use of skills that was DF's main strength.

I said "one of the reasons" with the other being sandbox content , which means handing out tools to the players for  player driven interaction with the the open world, real housing, all items craftable, area control mechanics, dynamic missions/mob spawns/ ressource nodes, customizable playercities etc etc.

DF:UW doesn't offer any sandbox content while highely reduces freedom. This is both poison for everything DF stood for for over a decade.

This. I'd also like to add more to the armor system of 2010. 

Based on armor worn, some of your skills were supposed to be unlocked or locked. Starting naked, you were supposed to be like a super hybrid with no protection. With warrior armors only, you'd have access to warrior skills only. A mix between warrior, archer, mage would grant you with a jack of all trade, but master of none and you wouldnt have access to one of the extremist skills like a Rank 100 spell, melee mastery, archery mastery as an example. 

There was a lot more that DF2010 was supposed to be and an official video before we knew about DF UW. They did not only scrapped the whole thing, they also scrapped their whole blog about it like it never existed. They don't only lie, they also hide the truths.

yes this..

- classes

- retarded movement

- wobble

- limited 6 skills pes class ( not counting in the conversions)

on top of that av managed to fck things up in conquest aswell

- meanless holdings

- no region PVE concerning farming for gear

- no siege equipment

this list is endless tbh

The class system is the armor system. They aren't any different. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher