Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plugin Problem on MMO Game

Michael23Michael23 Member Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to post since it didn't have a technical section on games but I thought you guys could help out since you know so much about MMOs, clients and servers.

I play this game Age of Wushu and it's an MMO game. Recently, last Wednesday they did their weekly maintenance. I logged in as normal, had changed nothing on my computer prior to this, in fact I wasn't even home, and when I tried logging in I logged in for 1 minute until I was kicked out due to a Plugin problem. It said we recognized a plugin on your computer, please disable it and relog and it also gave me a weird character buff in game.

I've tried everything from repairing the client, to re-installing and re-downloading it. I've tried re-formatting my entire computer and accessing the game without any programs other than updates. I've tried disabling individuals programs, browsers and more. Nothing works. However, when I was at a friend's house it worked without any problems. He runs Windows 7 64-bit like me but uses cable internet unlike my mobile network USB router. I'm now wondering if that is the problem.

Customer service is really bad. They've responded to me but have recently left me stranded and refuse to get me tech help to check out their end. I've spent money and lots of time since it's debut in April 2013. I'm wondering if their locking me out by IP or if it's some advanced virus that stays around after I reformat the computer.

I think the plugin they're referring to is like a server extension like those used in minecraft (which I don't have) or a bot program hack (which I also don't have).

Anyway, thanks for any help you guys if you have any. I really appreciate it.

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Time to move over to us in Europe, Age Of Wulin is a better version of the game in every aspect.

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/

• Michael23Michael23 Member Posts: 11
    I heard but it's too late I'm 3rd inner max as well as level 20 in all school inners. I have opened all of my meridians but have still to cultivate them all. I also bought some items which I don't want lose.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Normally when you get blocked by IP they tell you. You get something about there being no servers in your area or you're playing from a blocked region. I remember reading something about that game having issues if it's not run in admin mode. I can't see that really being your problem though.

One of the guys that comes to the forums plays that game a lot. His name is BCbully. He might know what's up.  

Hi yeah I heard Age of Wulin is better but it's too late for me. I'm 3rd inner max and I raised all other school inners 1-3 to level 20. I've opened up all my meridians but have still to cultivate them. I spent money on the game and I also don't want to lose the items I've bought.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Michael23
    I heard but it's too late I'm 3rd inner max as well as level 20 in all school inners. I have opened all of my meridians but have still to cultivate them all. I also bought some items which I don't want lose.

Pity really, i guess you will have to work it out.

Originally posted by DamonVile

Normally when you get blocked by IP they tell you. You get something about there being no servers in your area or you're playing from a blocked region. I remember reading something about that game having issues if it's not run in admin mode. I can't see that really being your problem though.

One of the guys that comes to the forums plays that game a lot. His name is BCbully. He might know what's up.  

Thanks DamonVile I'll ask BCbully too.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Thanks DamonVile I'll ask BCbully too.

yeah, there was an issue with the patch prior to the xpac. There was a post under announcements. You needed to DL patch 86, and 87 manually. As far as I know, this lasted about 24 hours. I can't seem to find the link atm.

Ask on the forums. Ask in general. The forum mods have gotten really good at responding to this type of thing. Give it a shot. Later I will look for specific link.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Time to move over to us in Europe, Age Of Wulin is a better version of the game in every aspect.

how is the EU version better than the US version? I love AoW but i stopped playing because i cant stand their "the-game-is-F2P-but-you-have-to-subscribe-to-a-renting-service-of-bags-and-mounts-and-armor-skins"  type of garbage. Is Wulin EU the same?

Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

how is the EU version better than the US version? I love AoW but i stopped playing because i cant stand their "the-game-is-F2P-but-you-have-to-subscribe-to-a-renting-service-of-bags-and-mounts-and-armor-skins"  type of garbage. Is Wulin EU the same?

Why do people say this, it's not remotely true. It's one of those things "that if you say enough" people think it's true. 

Wushu is big on crafting. Craftsmen and tailors make item bags and equipment boxes. These boxes deteriorate after 720 hours. You buy them with in game silver.

Mounts are 30 days. You buy them with in game silver or from the cash shop, plus snail gives away a couple 7 or 14 day mounts a month.

There are about 16 profession outfits, atleast 30 school outfits, 100's of 5 silver lore pieces. You buy them with in game silver.

There are 25-30 "cash shop" outfits. 10 or so are permanent "lore" outfits. 15-20 are 30 days. These cash shop outfits you can also buy in game. With in game silver.

You never need to buy anything from the cash shop. I never have.

Hey thanks a lot guys for trying to help me out. I think I worked it out. It seems to be my internet router. I connected with my own computer on my friend's wifi network and it works fine. I use a USB mobile internet router and it seems to be this that's creating the problem. It worked fine before but after maintenance last Wednesday I've been having problems.

Thanks a lot for all of your posts and for trying to help. Also the GMs got the techs involved from their end to and I'm happy since they tried to help out too with techs and it wasn't just me doing all the heavy lifting on my end. Hopefully, I'll be back online as soon as I find a new internet provider.

Hey thanks a lot guys for trying to help me out. I think I worked it out. It seems to be my internet router. I connected with my own computer on my friend's wifi network and it works fine. I use a USB mobile internet router and it seems to be this that's creating the problem. It worked fine before but after maintenance last Wednesday I've been having problems.

Thanks a lot for all of your posts and for trying to help. Also the GMs got the techs involved from their end to and I'm happy since they tried to help out too with techs and it wasn't just me doing all the heavy lifting on my end. Hopefully, I'll be back online as soon as I find a new internet provider.

:) Good luck!