Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is untapped potential

Ryguy786Ryguy786 Member Posts: 29

Which is about how far i got before being bored.

I really like so much about this game...

But then I feel like I can't progress and the grind is too heavy for free players. I don't want to VIP as I have not spent enough time even getting to more content because it's taking so long.

It seems that the community is....non existent comparatively to 5 months ago when I first looked at this game!?

Did it die?

Pardon my low tolerance for stupidity.

Comments

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    The combat makes me throw my PC out the window, no thanks I'll pass. 
  • DragFireDragFire Member Posts: 16

I was VIP and the farm is unbearable. You need to farm exp to train skills and do your daily team practice. This is a pain in the ass when I dont have much time to play. But the worst things are the dungeons. Chinese 100% desing: veeeery long, boring, static fights, uninteresting bosses and you need to grind them for new skills...

The game is a gem because the combat system and sandox features. But the CONS are very detrimental for the overall.

EVE Online's skill training is much better without the need to farm EXP and convert points.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Honestly you could argue every unpopular game has untapped potential but unless they change 90% of their devs at the same time you can expect more of the same for years to come.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I always considered cultivation and team practices one of the strongest points of the game. Really unique, cool and realistic way of progressing. You dont become master of kung-fu in 3 days, you have to slowly work for it.

About dungeons though I agree completely. Such a boredome.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

I always considered cultivation and team practices one of the strongest points of the game. Really unique, cool and realistic way of progressing. You dont become master of kung-fu in 3 days, you have to slowly work for it.

Yeh, for such a supposedly PVP oriented game it crams PVE down your throat.  You have to do those dungeons if you want skills such as goose step, step on high ladder, or crafting recipes.  Yes, they do add player "assassins" at certain spots in the dungeons but any group that is familiar with that dungeon can wipe the floor with the assassins easily.  Sure you can be a mooch from your guild and have those skills or recipes handed to you, or you could just buy them from a player stall.  However if you just buy those skills, then where did you get the money?  You can only kidnap so much in a day and if you are not available to play during their script stealing event then you loose out on another big money maker.  What you are then most likely stuck with is either farming mats to sell (even more PVE), or simply going the easy route and just buying gold directly from Snail.  I normally don't have much of anything nice to say about Snail considering how much they bungle things up and their policy on hacked accounts, but they are smart when it comes to taking money in a f2p game from some of the Western players.   Even if a few people buy cash shop items from a player's stall that means someone still bought the rental item from the cash shop in the first place.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Yeh, for such a supposedly PVP oriented game it crams PVE down your throat.  You have to do those dungeons if you want skills such as goose step, step on high ladder, or crafting recipes.  Yes, they do add player "assassins" at certain spots in the dungeons but any group that is familiar with that dungeon can wipe the floor with the assassins easily.  Sure you can be a mooch from your guild and have those skills or recipes handed to you, or you could just buy them from a player stall.  However if you just buy those skills, then where did you get the money?  You can only kidnap so much in a day and if you are not available to play during their script stealing event then you loose out on another big money maker.  What you are then most likely stuck with is either farming mats to sell (even more PVE), or simply going the easy route and just buying gold directly from Snail.  I normally don't have much of anything nice to say about Snail considering how much they bungle things up and their policy on hacked accounts, but they are smart when it comes to taking money in a f2p game from some of the Western players.   Even if a few people buy cash shop items from a player's stall that means someone still bought the rental item from the cash shop in the first place.

There has been two expansions since you played I see ;)  Those flying skills will cost you a total of 10 silver, basically nothing. Heck ask in chat and people will send them too you. You can buy recipes with points now. You do not have to do a dungeon if you don't want to.  Not being able to do script steal can be a problem for people in other parts of the world and for those who work during that time. 

No, you don't log into Wushu and become rich and powerful in a week or two. The game does not apologize for this. It is a long term time consuming mmorpg.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • markshiumarkshiu Member Posts: 27

I thought the combat is really interesting.  A paper rock scissors system that can be very balance.

As for PvE, the interesting part is having PvP involved.  There are player assassins joining in to prevent you for completing the instances.

The level system makes sense as well, and it is already very casual if you have VIP.  Just do regular spying (once an hour), and your Exp are basically full.

However, I played both Age of Wushu and Wulin, the problem is BOT.

A dominate skill set, Ancient Taiji Fist, maybe taken by a bot?  That is ridiculous as in other game where your best weapon would be taken by bots.

Here is a video where someone fight off a bot who is attempting to take away the best skill in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7ous7XBSo

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I just don't get the combat.