Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About to give Rift a try..

SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I'm going to try Rift for my first time..

I really would like to level with someone, or a group. 

I'm going to roll a healer so if I could get someone that wants to roll a tank with me, that'd be awesome.

Comments

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Hey man i just started to. I am a rogue i think? and im on seastone North America. My name is Kellth in-game. 
  • AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Those that are seeking for a better F2P game, Rift is what you are looking for. It's a game that everyone should try at least once!
  • GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Robokapp

it sucks those lesser/greater thingies are 'sticking' to the sigil and you cant drop a better one and destroy the old one like with wow gemming. that's the only negative.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but you put a new lesser into a focus by dragging it over the one you want to replace. You can also buy something out of the store to take one off the focus and keep it in your bags. 

Rift

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Fangrim
    I can't agree with anyone encouraging someone on to play this thing. I found it the most linear experience in the history of mmo(should i put rpg here?) I think not.Anyway there has been a shift in what we call hard gameplay over the last 10 years,now you get people saying 'vanilla' wow 'a term i find repulsive along with arenanet's spewing of the word 'trinity'These  'I want everytthing for no effort' solo players have fucked up what was once a genre you had to work together in and actually enjoyed logging in to work together in games no longer will be made. Ty fuckwits for playing a genre you didn't belong in and leaving us with things like D3 PoE and many more on a MMORPG site hahahahahaha fucking retards. Edit: to add swear words
    Lol yikes is it bar o clock already?
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by SmellyNanner

I'm going to try Rift for my first time..

I really would like to level with someone, or a group. 

I'm going to roll a healer so if I could get someone that wants to roll a tank with me, that'd be awesome.

Played WoW and Rift since beta off and on.  Finally burned out on Rft because I realized it had a lot less of the same sort of tripe and dribble that WoW...just lower quality.  Some nice character graphics though, but it's still the same flavor of the month e-sport battleground experience and a lot of folks who barely type, "sup" when in a group. 

Seriously just play Skyrim if you want an RPG experience.  I mean that in all honesty.

• intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98

for f2p it's good.

i level exclusively in public groups (dungeons, instant adventures, battlegrounds) from 10 to 60.

I just started raiding, still got a ton of gearing to do but I like the pace of upgrades. you don't double your hp/dps/hps every week...it's nice to be able to appreciate each upgrade.

it sucks those lesser/greater thingies are 'sticking' to the sigil and you cant drop a better one and destroy the old one like with wow gemming. that's the only negative.

There are games where you can literally double your DPS/HPS/HP every week? Please, tell!

• intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by intrinsc

for f2p it's good.

i level exclusively in public groups (dungeons, instant adventures, battlegrounds) from 10 to 60.

I just started raiding, still got a ton of gearing to do but I like the pace of upgrades. you don't double your hp/dps/hps every week...it's nice to be able to appreciate each upgrade.

There are games where you can literally double your DPS/HPS/HP every week? Please, tell!

well the most obvious would be wow's 'catchup mechanics' that happen with every tier.

ding at 80 at 30k, do heroics, hop in dragonsoul at 50, between boe's and drops you can be around 80 by the end of first couple weeks.

I don't know the present state as I've not played the last expansion but gearup speed post level cap is very high. a for DPS, it's even worse because of hit/crit benchmarks. I will pick BC as a blanket example as I dont remember exact numbers for other exapanions.

ding 70 around 400 dps.

towards the end of kara or alternative badge of justice gear you hit the '1k club'.

fast-forward to mid tier 6, you hit the 2k club.

fast-forward to sunwell, bosses like M'uru, brutallus an Kil'jaeden will often have raid-stacked values of just above 2500.

It's not "one week" but using catch-up mechanics you can go from 400 to 2000 in a few weeks.

games that have been out for a while have the habbit of putting in thse insane warp-speed gearing processes that I heavily hate.

No offense, but don't you think that a game that has been out for 9 years should have a catch up mechanic? The game would be in a worse state than it is right now were it not for quickly catching up new players to nearly current players. No one wants to play a game, specially with friends, and spend months leveling through old content. That's just the nature of the game. Rift doesn't have this because it has had a total of 4 tiers of content. But, being an ex raider in Rift in the top guild I can tell you that powers jumped heavily between Vanilla and Storm Legion. I went from about 5k DPS in BiS gear before Storm Legion came out to doing well over 20k in a raid environment, single target, with crappy leveling blues in the first couple of Storm Legion raids. That is a far more significant power jump than WoW had in its first expansion.

I forgive you, though. I think you just exaggerated a bit too much when trying to make a point.