Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Postcount.net Grab Bag 15th November 2013!

SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484

Grab Bag questions and developer answers, November 15th, 2013.

Can I get an extra external hookpoint in housing so I can put my porter outside?
Talal: There are no plans to create external hookpoints at this time, however it has been suggested that each housing village have a teleporter available. I’ve seen feedback fairly recently requesting such a feature, so we’ll add this to our list, as it would be very feasible to implement.
Will there be an update to artifacts, or artifact summoned gear, the sun weapons/blade shadow, sun belt, moon belt, the harder to template, but loved artifacts?
Talal: Artifacts are a fairly critical part of the templating process. The artifacts themselves have received very little attention for several years, but still remain considerably powerful in many cases. Some of the lesser used Artifacts can be updated with little negative implications – but changing the ‘loved’ Artifacts will be considerably more difficult as it will have an impact on existing templates. A change like this is not out of the questionimage, but must be done very carefully.
When will the Pictish camps leave the game and what will be planned to replace them?
Talal: With the upcoming revamp to the New Frontiers, we will be adding the final, permanent state of the Pictslayer Campaign. This will involve the removal of a lot of existing camps and the addition of a new quest and 3 new encounters in the Frontiers on the normal ruleset and in the Epic zones on the PvE ruleset.
Will there be an overhaul of ML lines/abilities after the NF redo?
Talal: Following the New Frontiers changes, we intend to study the effect that those changes have on the game. It’s not in our best interest to make sweeping changes of important features like Master Levels or to make significant Class Balance adjustments immediately. Master Level lines can and will be examined, but it’s not on the immediate priority list.
Will Doppelgangers or something similar ever be brought back to game?
Talal: Yes to ‘something similar’. We’re hard at work right now with the implementation of compelling objective-based additions to NF as part of our changes. Doppelgangers were successful because they provided rewarding objective based gameplay in the Frontiers. That’s a big part of what we have planned going forward.
Have there been any considerations to adding body legendaries to the game? There currently exists a melee weapon for every type of damage except body damage. This would be a greatly welcomed addition to the game.
Talal: The addition of Body –damage type Legendary Weapons is certainly something we can consider as we examine updating Legendary Weapons.
Any plans to address the extremely limited variety of guild emblem combinations? I would suggest simply adding more pattern varieties rather than new color or sigils.
Talal: On our list of Art issues to tackle once those resources become available to us. There are some higher priority Art items on that list, so you can expect those to be resolved first – but it’s certainly on the list!
What benefit, if any, do masterpiece (MP 100% Qua) armor and or weapons provide? There is no spellcrafting benefit anymore and the UI doesn't indicate any difference in AF or Absorb %
John: 100% quality crafted weapons and armor can hold more player-crafted alchemy charges for one. They also have more hidden durability than 99% and lower quality armor and weapons. This means that when you repair an item and it’s at 100% durability, it will take more repairs for the durability to drop below 100% than a 99% or lower quality item.
Is there a chance that we could see some kind of short event/test with old frontiers?
Talal: I’m afraid not. Not at this time. Apologies, friend =[
Is there a possibility that the wall glitches in Labyrinth can be fixed so people can stop running away from me killing them?
Talal: I recently read and responded to a thread of this nature on Post Count. We acknowledge that areas in the Labyrinth contain exploit vulnerabilities, and have made somewhat recent changes to address these problems. It looks as though the changes didn’t quite cover all of the problems, and we will continue to look at how we can effectively eliminate the possibility for players to exploit these areas. If a change is made, we’ll mention it during patch notes or hotfix notes on the Camelot Herald.
I truly enjoyed that last time you all opened up Cathal Valley for level 50 event. Caledonia was ok but for some reason, don't know if it’s the terrain set up, CV was way more fun. A person could actually solo there, unlike Caledonia which seemed way more zerg, FG oriented. Is there any chance that the next event could be Cathal valley for 50's? Thank you for your time.
Talal: Ask and ye shall receive. Next BG Weekend shall be Cathal Valley!
Thanks to Talal, John and Marty for giving their time and answering our questions!