Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu - New Expansion Part 2 - I logged and stayed logged in...

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Part -2 I logged back in about 10:30 est. 

First, there was a huge power increase with the new tier of gear released. I'm talking Vanilla to BC, an almost tripling in stats from the former highest to the next highest. All bad right? Not so fast!

Snail also implemented a system to upgrade you gear to higher tiers!  Tier 3-4-5, once at 5 you can even reroll the stats! Pure win, by the time the new school instances where unlocked (there was a day long unlocking event), I had 6 pieces of upgraded gear. The most incredible thing is that it was waaay cheaper than I expected. I still spent a nice bit of silver, but far less that I predicted. My gear is better than it's ever been.

Around the time I got done with upgrades, the school instances where unlocked. Snail does not skimp when it comes to instances, you will not see a Trail of Champions one room style instance. Again the place was out doors and HUGE. I think there where about 6 bosses. On top of those bosses there where atleast 5 puzzles. It took 3 of us (4 man max instance) about 3 hours to complete. We will probably be able to get it down to about an hour now that we understand how the puzzles work. They also implemented an individual loot system for these dungeons. At the end most people where able to buy 1 skill from the new "Ultimate School Sets" when they finished.

Finish for me was 5:20 am after my gf called down to me and said "WTF are you doing!?" 

Let's see what today brings!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Hi BC, do you sub to the game?

If yes how has the experience been so far?

If no any particular reason(s)?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Hi BC, do you sub to the game?

If yes how has the experience been so far?

If no any particular reason(s)?

I do sub, or as they put it pay 9$ for VIP. I look at Wushu as Sub mmorpg with unlimited free trail. There are only a couple things you can't do as free, like vote for school Head Master. You do progress slower though.

I will try to keep this brief. I played for two weeks during the first open beat. Not to hardcore, but to kinda get a feel. I thought "hmm, it's alright, pretty cool." I decided to stop, because I knew my progress would be wiped. Wushu progress is time based. About 3 weeks later, after the CB1 close, and before the CB2 open, I found myself jonesing to get back. It was completely unexpected. CB2 Started, and there would be no wipes. I never looked back from there. 

Through the past year, Wushu has showed me beautifully flawed game. Flawed like the Venus De Milo, or the Mona Lisa. Not to the extreme of my analogy, but to the sense. The systems dreamed up and implemented are exquisite. From guild wars to script stealing to customization and progression itself. However, there is a cash to silver conversion system and constant goldseller spam. The gold seller spam is a perfect example. Wushu has the best social system I've ever seen. Friends, close friends, enemies, blood enemies, separate in game interface for relationships, similar to WoW armory but more social. It's marred by the goldspam though. Even though you can block it, it's still unwanted hassle. 

All in all, Wushu is perfect for me. I don't always like her, but that's my girl though image

edit - if you really want a more detailed look at my impressions and experiences, flip back through these forums and check out some of my stories and posts. You can ignore my fanboy rants image

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Been keeping an eye on the game and your posts. May give it another try.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Any of the servers have a sizeable NA population during 6 to 11pm est?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well since Wushu is NA, they will all have people during that time frame. The servers are set to CST. 

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I just put a chunk of time into this game yesterday for no reason but to play it and see what is up.  Not bad....  Good enough for me to put in 7 hours.  image