Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your "skill" level

13»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by asmkm22
    Define "average" and then I could tell you.

Its the sum of all variables divided by the number of variables

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

that would defeat the purpose of the thread.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Its the sum of all variables divided by the number of variables

Then the question needs to be reworded since I can't very well determine if I'm average or not without knowing all of the possible variables.

You make me like charity

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112
     i would say that I'm distinctly average. so average i blend into the background average. i would also say that i was once a better player, my hand/eye coordination used to be better and my reaction time was faster. vagaries of getting older i suppose.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I'm not gonna put myself in any of the brackets, I'm on my own level... If that's good or bad.. who knows.

I'm just gonna say this, we all have high opinions of ourselves, it's natural, but being able to say to yourself that your bad at something will help you become better, because if you truly believe you're among the best, you will find excuses for your mistakes... The guy knowing he is bad will see his own mistakes and try to fix them.

Also, if we were all above average, then "above average" would be the new average.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

I'm a mouth breather on account of my flimsy nostrils. 

I'm a quick learner but I am awful at multi-tasking. I mean, RTS just kills me. I can't even play Grim Grimoire and that game lets you pause to strategize.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Try traveling out in a cold wasteland being jumped by 6 bandits while your about to freeze to death. YES ... it is hard. XD Don't even get me started when a dragon decides to show up, keeping in mind I also use a mod called Deadly Dragons that make them much much harder and more like real dragons.

I realize I'm kind of taking this statement out of context but I was completely taken aback by your statement regarding "real dragons." I know what you meant, I do , I do, but still...I just find myself contemplating the attributes of a "real dragon" and how my dragon might be different than yours. My dragon is that then which no greater can be conceived!

Sorry, not sure where I was going with that...

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Yoottos'Horg

Try traveling out in a cold wasteland being jumped by 6 bandits while your about to freeze to death. YES ... it is hard. XD Don't even get me started when a dragon decides to show up, keeping in mind I also use a mod called Deadly Dragons that make them much much harder and more like real dragons.

I realize I'm kind of taking this statement out of context but I was completely taken aback by your statement regarding "real dragons." I know what you meant, I do , I do, but still...I just find myself contemplating the attributes of a "real dragon" and how my dragon might be different than yours. My dragon is that then which no greater can be conceived!

*facepalms* ROFL ... you are right though. Pretty funny, didn't think of that.

It's more like REAL DRAGONS! ...

Ya .... in what world do you live in that has REAL dragons? XD

But ya .... besides that ... I mean the dragons are more what you would expect a dragon is capable of. The dragons you fight in Skyrim are actually fairly easy to take down.

Edit: By the way, to those who think people will choose something higher then they actually are. Yes ... you are right. That is how humans tend to work lol.

I myself didn't. I am better then an "average" gamer. That is all. An average gamer isn't exactly .. all that fantastic when you think about it in this day and age. Here I am sounding like an old person. XD I personally would never put myself in some sort of percentage though.

I have met plenty of hardcore gamers that can kick my butt in just about every game. However, these particular gamers ... play just about every chance they can. It's all they get out of life.

They have a massive library of games, and im not talking a few 100. Possibly 1000s if you include all their consoles. Im talking physical copies, not even digital copies on PC and such. 

Sorry .. but im not THAT into games rofl. I do other things besides just gaming all day. *coughs* such as ... *coughs* this forum. :P All jokes aside, I have gotten bored of gaming since a few years ago. I have games I own . .that I haven't even played more then a few hours.

Nothing seems to catch my attention besides ... Skyrim, Minecraft, and Kerbal Space Program.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

But ya .... besides that ... I mean the dragons are more what you would expect a dragon is capable of. The dragons you fight in Skyrim are actually fairly easy to take down.

Oh I'm with you. I have a thief/assassin/bow build and I can sneak kill a dragon with two shots of my bow. Not very challenging to be honest. I'm actually going to look into some of those mods you described just to amp up the difficulty level a bit.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

Oh I'm with you. I have a thief/assassin/bow build and I can sneak kill a dragon with two shots of my bow. Not very challenging to be honest. I'm actually going to look into some of those mods you described just to amp up the difficulty level a bit.

Oh .. oh ... be really really carful not to up the difficulty too high. If you put deadly dragons on the hardest it can go .. it can literally take you like an hour just to kill 1 dragon .. assuming you don't die repeatedly. XD

I usually choose the in between option since it feels the most balanced.

ASIS helps to increase spawns, but also if you are using Skyrim Redone, could make certain situations nearly impossible. So I use ASIS's AI instead of Skyrim Redone's. With both on ... you best play on adept. Skyrim redone alone was meant to be played on Adept.

Besides that any other mods you install ... such as Frostfall and Realistic needs and diseases, I recommend lowering the setting. I find they are way to high as you can die of thirst with in a day or at least be greatly effected skill wise by it and to me .. that isn't realistic.

I typically half the settings. As for Frost fall, unless I am playing a race like a Khajiit, I will keep exposer levels the same. I figure if you have fur .. the less likely you would freeze to death lol.

Traveling at night .. is super dangerous if you install one of the lighting overhauls such as Climates of Tamriel. It's almost essential you bring a torch, axe, food, water, wood, and a tent. If you don't you can find yourself stranded and freezing to death.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I breath through my mouth, my knuckles drag on the floor, I speak in grunts and snarls, my forehead protrudes farther than my nose and I carry a club.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Above average in games that I enjoy and below average to absolutely horrible in genres/games that i do not.

About the only game I played religiously that I was not very good at was Darkfall, and even then I quit (  For good this time!!!  ) more times than I can remember. 

The last RTS I played was Age of Empires 1image

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I voted "I'm really bad at anything skill related." If *I* think MMOs are easy mode, what does that say?

No-fail quests abound. Combat really is not much of a challenge. I die (fail) rarely in combat. My brain rarely engages when playing.

Now, I do not raid, so I have no valid opinion about "hard-mode" raiding. However, I feel that if a person can YouTube their way through, how is that harder? This really is not something MMOs can regulate, though. The same with PvP.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• EzbeeEzbee Member Posts: 31

I tend to consider myself in the top maybe 20% of people in games i play, with the exception of RTS's, I dont enjoy how youre supposed to play RTS's and I can never commit myself to learning it.

MMOs are quite frustrating for me because Ive never been able to find one that at a challenging enough level to keep me engaged. The closest ive come to that is the WoW cata expansion at release, that was quickly ruined by whiners however.