Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Landmark: Founders Packs Available Starting Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that Founders Packs for EverQuest Next Landmark will be available beginning today, Monday, November 11, 2013. The packs are available for different amounts, each with its own rewards tier that might include alpha access, guest passes and more.

Trailblazer Pack $99.99 (Italicized Items are Exclusive to Pre-Sale/Alpha Period)

Includes all items from Settler Pack and Explorer Pack Plus:

• Alpha Access

• Trailblazer Flag Item

• Mastercraft Bracer

• Void Vault

• Noble's Regalia

• Tech Commander's Gear

• 4 Shareable Closed Beta Keys

• Your Name in the EQNL Credits

• Early Access to the Beta Forum

• Forum Title: Trailblazer

• In-Game Title: Trailblazer

• Alpha Boost

• Head Start Open Beta Access

Find out what the Explorer ($59.99) and Settler ($19.99) packs include on the EverQuest Next Landmark site.

imageimage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Is it just me or is the page not opening for anyone else?

• lasttimelasttime Member Posts: 51
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    well now we know what that 11 11 11 11 tweet was all about. image
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I knew the winter release was bullshit from the start. -.-
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Xarko

I don't think a release date has been announced.

Its announced that alpha will start before the end of this winder, even CLOSED beta possibly sometime in March. I expect more delays tho :). sauce

Its announced that alpha will start before the end of this winder, then CLOSED beta possibly sometime in March. sauce

Yes, I'm still not following you. So the alpha will start before the end of winter. It says that on their site too. The one in OP https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Are you talking about George or Smed saying something about playing before the end of the year? Or did you read something else that made you jump out with bullshit?

If you dont follow the title, why are you even commenting. Yes, when they announced the Landmark they said it will release f2p this winter, with big smiles on their faces.

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84

Its announced that alpha will start before the end of this winder, then CLOSED beta possibly sometime in March. sauce

Yes, I'm still not following you. So the alpha will start before the end of winter. It says that on their site too. The one in OP https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Are you talking about George or Smed saying something about playing before the end of the year? Or did you read something else that made you jump out with bullshit?

Winter ends on March 19th. Just FYI.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Regular people should NEVER have access to alpha level code... And if it is in good enough shape to let regular people use it... It is NOT alpha level code... It would then be some form of BETA.

Beyond that it is pretty good for a pre-order programme.

This have been a good conversation

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Alpha access is bullshit, game been in alpha for 2 years, it's gonna be a beta.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Azoth
    Alpha access is bullshit, game been in alpha for 2 years, it's gonna be a beta.

Alpha and Beta are coding states of a software. It has nothing to do with development time or even who has access to the code.

Alpha is "Usually" in house code, unavailable to the public. Who has access has no bearing on the code state though.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Mikey_Hazard

Winter ends on March 19th. Just FYI.

Exactly, guess some ppl thought it meant before the end of the year, funny how easily some ppl get Autumn(Fall) and Winter mixed up, though as someone who just paid out for the Trailblazer package I wouldn't mind it if SoE could skip a season =).

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    A hundred bucks sure isn't worth what it used to.  I can't believe they can offer that chicken scratch for such an absurd price and not tag an LOL just kidding at the end.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Yay! Cash grab! Fuck this game.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    There is so much ambiguity about landmark and everquest next.  When do you actually get access to the alpha? right now or in 2014? SOE are pretty bad at communication.
  • toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Meh, I spent the $100.00 on it. What else am I going to spend the $100.00 on with other games? All of them seem to be going FTP, might as well contribute some where. 

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

"A fool and his money are soon parted" , really don't understand this paying to test games thing , in actual fact if the testers helped build the game into it's final stage  then they should pay them , not the other way round. I guess all the money they spent on "The Agency" MMO will come back from these so called packs , *sigh*.

-1 to SOE.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47

This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

This has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails for the final game.  I hope that EQN and EQNL don't turn into a flood of microtransactions to get anything meaningful done.

I'm not paying to beta test for anyone.  More power to those that do.

Time to keep an eye on other games and push this one to the back of my mind until closer to launch.

• tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    [mod edit]

They didn't catch fie in a bottle with EQ1.

Verant actually developed it.  Sony just slowly screwed it up after Velious.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDq2a3zy_6M&t=37m49s

John Smedley: "You can expect Everquest Next Landmark later THIS YEAR"

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Wtf??? Soe is doing a Kickstarter???

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Wtf??? Soe is doing a Kickstarter???

I think Smed is jealous of what Chris Roberts has achieved with Star Citizen and somehow thinks he's going to waltz his fat ass up to the trough and try to horn in.

If paying for this type of access is your sort of thing, I wish you all good gaming & I hope you enjoy it. It just feels sleezy to me and really dampens my enthusiasm for the game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Nasa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDq2a3zy_6M&t=37m49s

John Smedley: "You can expect Everquest Next Landmark later THIS YEAR"

yes Smed did say that

but Georgeson and the SOE press release from same day proclaimed a generic "this winter"

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/view/news/page/2/read/28244/EverQuest-Next-EQN-Revealed-World-Building-Landmark-Released-This-Winter.html

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Isnt this game supposed to be free to play, and wasnt Landmark not really a "game" but more of a content creation thing ?
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by zevian
    Isnt this game supposed to be free to play, and wasnt Landmark not really a "game" but more of a content creation thing ?

both EQN and EQNL are free to play

both are mmos

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/04/soe-live-2013-delving-deeper-into-eqns-landmark/

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by zevian

both EQN and EQNL are free to play

both are mmos

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/04/soe-live-2013-delving-deeper-into-eqns-landmark/

So its 100$ for multiplayer minecraft, which will be out within a year and cost nothing once it does release.

Hey whatever floats your boat. at least you might be able to transfer something to the actual MMo game once it comes out.