Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger - Pre-Alpha Screenshots

JamesPJamesP Portland, MEMember Posts: 479 Uncommon

Here are a few screenshots from our Closed Pre-Alpha Client Build! Please let us know what you think of them!

Company Owner
MMO Interactive
Greed Monger

http://www.greedmonger.net/forum/index.php

Comments

• RedempRedemp Absurdly HotlandMember Posts: 1,041 Uncommon
    Pretty scenery, character models appear pasted in though?
  • JamesPJamesP Portland, MEMember Posts: 479 Uncommon
    Yeah that was a result of the Skin Shader we had been using. It's fixed in the newest Builds though.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• EncephalitisEncephalitis Member Posts: 78 Uncommon

Lol'd at the name. Looks alright tho, mind dropping any hints at what the game might be based around? Or is it to early for speculation.

....nvm, stopped being inept for 4 seconds and just googled it.

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember Posts: 22,779 Epic

Scenery looks pretty good, will wait to see how character models turn out I guess.

"Winning" at EVE Online since May, 2007! 

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KalafaxKalafax Gainesville, FLMember Posts: 536 Uncommon
    Looks good to me, as stated above the character looks a little out of place but I understand the issue. Cant wait to finally get in and try out the systems a bit, been long awaiting this game.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

Originally posted by Encephalitis
    Lol'd at the name. Looks alright tho, mind dropping any hints at what the game might be based around? Or is it to early for speculation.

As a player you will have your choice of being a team player and helping to craft and shape the world or be a Greed Monger keeping your abilities/Skills, land, ect. to your self. It's a bad thing to be a Greed Monger in Greed Monger but it's your choice to make...

When the Game first launches there will be nothing but Terrain, trees, water, rocks, animals, ect. It's the players job to build up the cities and craft all of the items in the game.

PvP will be limited to a specific Climate (Volcanic Lands) and then extended upon after launch to include special Islands out in the Ocean.

Crafting will be a major focus of the game since every item in the world will be player crafted. You will be able to build your own house and then craft items to place in your house. You can Farm on your land to obtain food which then is used in our Fast Travel mechanic.

Pets/Mounts will be included though we have released very little details on them so far. Mounts include anything from Animals that you can ride to boats and larger naval battle ships which will be added post launch.

Quests are an optional source of content for those who enjoy doing quests. We will give more details on Quests later on.

Guilds/Factions are planned but not much work have gone into them just yet so there isn't many details right now. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Common
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Critique : Scale. Either your characters are to small, or your vegetation is to big. I'm leaning towards the character is to small. Texturing. I shouldn't see tiling rows. Why in 20 years has the texutring not progressed from the tiling, is beyond me. It would maybe be something to look into , to make your game unique from the rest.

Thanks for the comments! 

Scale is something we will be able to adjust much better once we get our housing into the Game. We were basing our Scale based on our old Avatars and then we got a new more advanced Avatar System and the Scale got all screwed up with it. 

Texture tiling I believe is something that would have to be changed at the Engine Level and where we are using Unity3D we don't have access to the Engine Source Code. We can take a look at it though and see if there is anything we can do to either hide the tiling or make it less noticeable.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Dorval, QCMember Posts: 961 Uncommon
    I'm not graphically inclined but it makes me think of Lord of the Rings online when looking at the scenery and I very much loved that game.
    There is a free Indie Version of Unity however we are using Unity Pro which is like $1,500 for a single license (might be a little less then that but it's over $1,000 at any rate).

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

Almost forgot... Above is a Video of our Housing System we will be implementing. The video was from our Housing prototype that I coded for us.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• DocBrodyDocBrody EldridgeMember Posts: 1,926 Uncommon

Landscapes: pretty

Characters: ugly

end of rine

• IczerIczer Jita, MIMember Posts: 114 Uncommon

The world looks OK and the character modeling I've seen so far is alright as well ... nothing to make me want to be the first to get in game tho.

It must be a real chore to create a game these days with so many options out there ... how do you make yours unique enough to get even a small player base?

Originally posted by DocBrody
    Landscapes: pretty Characters: ugly     end of rine

Yup that seems to be the common theme here. Everyone loves the Environment but the Avatars we still have work to do on. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

Originally posted by Iczer
    The world looks OK and the character modeling I've seen so far is alright as well ... nothing to make me want to be the first to get in game tho. It must be a real chore to create a game these days with so many options out there ... how do you make yours unique enough to get even a small player base?

Our Goal is to try and capture at least some of the feel that UO had back in the early days. We are providing you guys with a World to explore and make your own by teaming up together and building/Crafting everything. All the villages, towns, and cities will be crafted from the ground up with tools in the game. The building assets are built in a modular fashion giving you guys complete control over the layout of your buildings. We do have many unique features and we have a fairly sizable community that continues to grow.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• cnutempcnutemp Fairfax, VAMember Posts: 230 Uncommon
    Looks cool, why isnt this game listed on mmorpg's site?
    Originally posted by cnutemp

We were listed back a year ago during our KickStarter Campaign. Some Trolls got the best of us and we didn't handle the situation like we should have and we requested that our listing be removed. It's our hope that once we reach our Closed Alpha and have more to share that we can relisted but that will be up to the admins and mods here to decide.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member Posts: 124 Uncommon

I hope your character creation is as in depth as some of the other games coming out are.

Are you going to make this game for the antique computer people, or make a game that those of us who have invested in high end machines feel justified in doing so?  I'm really getting tired of developers who make games for those who don't want to invest in anything, either machine wise or game wise. But then I just vote with my wallet, and move on from them.

Respectfully

Blutigfaust

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

Our Character Creation process consists of all of the sliders we have come to expect from newer MMOs like Aion and Rift. So far we have 46 sliders that controls facial features, head shape/size, height, how fat your Avatar is, Breast size for the females, ect.

We have plenty of graphical enhancements planned or already added for those with high end machines. We aren't even supporting Low end machines. Some of the features we would like to have added for those with high end machine include Rift Capability, more advanced Water simulation, and other general all around Graphical enhancements. Rift is a big one though. Rift requires that your machine is able to play the game at a constant 60 FPS or higher.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• DakeruDakeru Member Posts: 2,438 Rare
    Originally posted by JamesP

We were listed back a year ago during our KickStarter Campaign. Some Trolls got the best of us 

When you say some trolls got you, you mean that someone simply googled your boss and his history and his list of "achievements" looked like a delusional troll post, right?

Originally posted by Dakeru

We were listed back a year ago during our KickStarter Campaign. Some Trolls got the best of us 

When you say some trolls got you, you mean that someone simply googled your boss and his history and his list of "achievements" looked like a delusional troll post, right?

No I simply mean that people even before we started fighting back started calling us scammers and everything else when there was no evidence to suggest we were/are. But enough history... We have learned and we are moving forward. I would like our hard work to speak for it's self which I think it does a great job of. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member Posts: 124 Uncommon
    Our Character Creation process consists of all of the sliders we have come to expect from newer MMOs like Aion and Rift. So far we have 46 sliders that controls facial features, head shape/size, height, how fat your Avatar is, Breast size for the females, ect. We have plenty of graphical enhancements planned or already added for those with high end machines. We aren't even supporting Low end machines. Some of the features we would like to have added for those with high end machine include Rift Capability, more advanced Water simulation, and other general all around Graphical enhancements. Rift is a big one though. Rift requires that your machine is able to play the game at a constant 60 FPS or higher.

Give me rift style, and ability to do stuff other than just fight, and you have me. I currently play rift but would like to farm instead of always fighting (think Archeage type non fighting stuff), I fought in VN and have no need to prove myself to the epeen crowd, even though I do like the danger open pvp adds to a game.

Thanks for the answers

Respectfully

Blutigfaust (U.S.M.C. Ret.)

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• VengerVenger Member Posts: 1,292 Uncommon
    World looks really good, look forward to seeing it in action.