Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite "Moment in Time" in an mmo...

AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287

What I am asking is this...in your own personal MMORPG history, what is your favorite "moment in time"?  In other words, what memory of MMO's stands out the most as being your favorite? 

I personally have a hard time choosing just one moment, but I will give you ONE of my favorite moments...

My favorite moment was when I saw my friend playing EverQuest for the first time...I had never seen ANYTHING like that...the First-Person view and watching him fight bats and skeletons just outside of town, where he several times had to run back to the protection of the guards opened my eyes to the possibilities of MMO's in general.  I went THAT DAY and bought the game, and subsequently had to buy a better computer, graphics card....you get my drift.  It was that moment that changed my gaming experience forever and I will never forget it.

What's yours favorite moment?

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My moment lasted a few months.  A bunch of RL friends and I hooked up in a guild during WoW vanilla.  The guild master was beyond cool.  It was a friendly social leveling guild.  We had a few PVPers, but I wasn't involved in that.  The people just clicked.  It was a fantastic experience.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

It's extremely difficult to pick a single one, so I'll grab one that came up recently in conversation.

In UO, one of my characters was a murderous environmentalist. I roleplayed the character rather strictly, right down to personal restrictions on armor and weapons, but since I was often killing players, I was always trying to gauge (and adjust accordingly) to what degree the character may be having a positive or negative impact on the community.

Well, one day this guy was traveling the shops in the forest and I recognized who it was, which created one of those problems one comes across when roleplaying a murderer. From a roleplayed point of view, he defied my character's warning and now surely deserved a swift death. From a not-being-an-ass point of view, this guy isn't much of a fighter and not only would it be no challenge to kill him but it probably isn't going to be much fun for him either, especially since this would be the second time this week.

My character had little interest in speaking with people, but a bit of banter seemed the best course of action here, so I ambushed him and brought him to near death then stopped to relay a 'final ultimatum'. While it *seemed* to have gone well, it's really hard to tell sometimes if someone is roleplaying along with you or if they genuinely are pleading for their life, as some truly view attacking their character as attacking them

Several days later, when reading the server community's 'newspaper' I got my answer. In it there was an article by that very fellow, writing about his encounter in the forest.

http://themess.com/manhunter/gallery/Chiemra990407.html

Thinking about it, my entire time on the Pacific server was an incredible experience, as many of my favorite moments in MMOs come from not just UO, but that specific server.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

I would have to pick two moments (1 pve and pvp)

PVe - WoW Burning Crusade as a guild we had / did all click the right people right time etc then came karazhan! :) at a time you had to do stupic quest just to get in, couldn't just get to it and in you go, As a casualish guild we never really tried to hammer it, but after a few months of 1/2 a week we get to prince, and boy did that big boy put up a fight, it must have taken us close to 8 weeks to down that git! always just missing, something silly etc....

Nowadays people dont get how hard karazhan was, there was no option at time to get easy gear, you basiclyl went in with some odd rare item from recipies but more often than not just the purples that the odd person migth have gotton from the previous bosses.. but when it went down the guild had a little party :)

PVP

EvE Online Just recently joined a corp in WI (back when WI was about pvp) we were fighting the battle of ROIR over 300+ on each side, yes was a lag fest, when lag was lag nothing more :)) I experienced at that point everything that i had seen on youtube, the big fleet fights, the lols on the Comms "dont bump the fucking titan" etc :) and whilst that maybe 5+yrs ago still to this day its my single best PvP experience

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

It's extremely difficult to pick a single one, so I'll grab one that came up recently in conversation.In UO, one of my characters was a murderous environmentalist. I roleplayed the character rather strictly, right down to personal restrictions on armor and weapons, but since I was often killing players, I was always trying to gauge (and adjust accordingly) to what degree the character may be having a positive or negative impact on the community.Well, one day this guy was traveling the shops in the forest and I recognized who it was, which created one of those problems one comes across when roleplaying a murderer. From a roleplayed point of view, he defied my character's warning and now surely deserved a swift death. From a not-being-an-ass point of view, this guy isn't much of a fighter and not only would it be no challenge to kill him but it probably isn't going to be much fun for him either, especially since this would be the second time this week.My character had little interest in speaking with people, but a bit of banter seemed the best course of action here, so I ambushed him and brought him to near death then stopped to relay a 'final ultimatum'. While it *seemed* to have gone well, it's really hard to tell sometimes if someone is roleplaying along with you or if they genuinely are pleading for their life, as some truly view attacking their character as attacking them. Several days later, when reading the server community's 'newspaper' I got my answer. In it there was an article by that very fellow, writing about his encounter in the forest.http://themess.com/manhunter/gallery/Chiemra990407.html Thinking about it, my entire time on the Pacific server was an incredible experience, as many of my favorite moments in MMOs come from not just UO, but that specific server.

That is the stuff right there. Awesome. :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I will pick the time I realised how easy it was to turn a random encounter into a roleplaying encounter. Up to this point I saw roleplaying in MMOs as something you purposely went out to do, with a group of friends. Any random encounters were really rather staged.

I had noticed it was possible to use a river to swim past mobs in DAOC. The zone was all but empty, as I was on at a time when most people were asleep. I set of down the river thinking how clever I was, no one had worked out as quickly as me that you could get to the quest location this easily.

On the way down, I noticed somebody was swimming towards me, there was nobody else around, just me and this guy. As he swam passed me he said "Nice morning for it". I gathered my wits and said "Yes, I like to take a swim as a morning constitutional, are there any dangers I should be wary of?" He replied "The barrows are full of undead, mind your step on the banks." Then we swam on.

After this I realised you could nab anyone for a couple of lines of rp as you went about your business. Well you used to be able to, these days I would no doubt get reported for "spoiling their soloing experience" or some such.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Finishing the griffon quest in Vanguard.
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312

When I had to dump my girlfriend. We broke up several times but it got to the point that it had to end for sure. Well, the phone kept on ringing and I know I could not answer it. Not this time !

Feeling down and like a crap and sitting home depressed and searching around the internet, I found an interesting game called World of Warcraft.  It was around 2003 or 4, and I knew nothing about playing video games with others.  I remember going to Electronics Boutique in a local mall and the guy tried talking me out of it.  Would be too hard on my computer.

Well, not good enough, I had this game stuck in my head and was gonna play it at all cost, so I got it.  Sure enough, it ran like crap and I had to get a video card and update my ram to 512 mb just to get it running, but at least I was in :)

Now logging in to Shadow Glen was amazing, right off I saw people, real people ( very cool ).  Figuring everything out on my own with no guides was both hard and great at the same time.  No research just white knuckling it !....Anyway the sad love music was nice for the mood. I sat in the dark for days on end playing and making friends around the small island of 1-10.  If I recall it took me a week to hit ten but that was ok I was really enjoying myself, sometimes just logging on to chat !

Around level 23 or so, Im not sure, and knowing nothing about dungeons.  I was questing around South Shore and got an invite to a place called Shadowfang Keep ( whats that ? ).  Anyway I like, sure !.....Next thing I know I was in a 5 man group running down the road to who-knows-where.  We entered the dungeon and I just attacked and got everyone killed after getting bitched at after doing it again, the group somehow took pity on me and showed me how to REALLY play.  It was great, they even gave me the Blue dagger at the end....They all added me to there friends list, and we played several times more.

MY best time :)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Scot

He replied "The barrows are full of undead, mind your step on the banks." Then we swam on.

That's freakin' excellent.  It is the people who make the games great.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DeadAllianceDeadAlliance Member UncommonPosts: 21

Star Wars Galaxies

Hands down my favorite moment in an MMO, when I had visited all the POI's and was finally able to raise my force sensitivity level to GLOWING and the OLD MAN came to see me.

I was very young, but I was a huge star wars nerd and was literally grinning from ear to ear when he walked up to me and invited me to the Force Sensitive village to train my force sensitive skills and become a Jedi. I know it sounds stupid, but to this day I've never expierenced the excitement I had that day in any game I've played since. A few of my guildmates were around too which made it even more special because they helped me along in the game. I just remember feeling so immersed in the gameplay of Star Wars Galaxies, because it was believable that I was my OWN story and not some linear progression that made me out to be some all powerful being.

I still get shivers when I think about the PvP battles I went to and almost shat myself when a Jedi showed up to turn the tide of battle. What was cool was he had the balls to show up, full well knowing that he'd be on the bounty hunter boards by the end of the day.

So much about that game was so cool. Breaks my heart in half to see it die the way it did. It wont ever be the same even though they've got an EMU. All I can hope for now is that Everquest Next is something extraordinary.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Abandoned Realms MUD

I played a ninja in Abandoned Realms a long time ago.  I have many good memories of those text-only adventures; most of it was due to the community.  One of my favorite skills once I learned it was "vanish", which would transport me to a random location in whatever area I happened to be in.  I remember once I got into a PvP fight in the starting town with a rival monk, which ended up sprawling all over the area; I would vanish, go stealthy, trip my opponent every time he came after me, throw blindness dust, etc. etc.  Eventually I got very low on health, and between the Town Guard and the rival monk, I had to make a break for it out into the surrounding country side.  I knew of a hidden room below one of the paths leading outside the town; I remember hiding out in this room, waiting for the monk to go past me, then emerging and getting in that last final attack for the kill.

In my mind's eye it was an epic fight.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    In DAoC, the cultivation of honorable rivalries with enemy players was amazing. I specifically loved playing a Nightshade because i could observe enemy patterns and tactics more easily and pick my fights, and i soloed lots. Well, eventually i knew a handful of enemies who i would only fight when they were not engaged otherwise and would even help against the third team in spots. They returned the sentiment and a silent relationship of respect was cultivated. I would see them waving to me in the UI window while I was fighting, or clapping for me. This unspoken respect grew to include a fair amount of people, and made me realize that a sense of community can indeed exist even in pvp. Sure, we still killed each other savagely in large scale or 8 man rvr, but it was nice to be out in the frontier and feel like you knew your enemy in more ways than just their abilities.
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Not really a special moment. but in EQOA when i moved away from the starter area. i was going in a random direction exploring and i decided to go up a mountain to see what was there or beyond it.

When i got to the top the sun was in front of me. And i realised it was moving. the sun was setting. I actually sat there to weatch it until it set completely. that is a moment wich still captures my mind. Such a simple thing but feeling so great.

ohh ohh i have another 2 :P in WoW during vanila wow.

Being in a raid guild going to the raid entrances you came across alot of players. alliance and horde alike. I somehow (without being able to contact or even talk to the guy), i always honerably fought with a troll rogue without any interference. Somehow we made a connection. that is a fond memory.

Also when me and a girl got married ingame after evrything was done i got ganked in the middle of stormwind by 3 undead rogues (famous players on the server:) ) took them a couple minutes to take me down:P (being a tank was awesome in PvP) could't dish out any damage but sure could take alot of it. another fond memory :)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

If I had to pick one it would be waaay back in DAoC.  There was a massive Relic war out in the Frontiers.  There had to be at least over 300 people on each side.  It went on for hours and hours.  Even the servers were having trouble keeping people in lol.  Why can't they do this in today's games? :(

Honorable Mentions:

-First time completing Molten Core in WoW

-First time completing Karazhan in WoW (Best raid ever in any game!)

-First Dragon kill in DAoC

-First time killing Absolute Virtue, Odin, and getting Kraken Club in FFXI

-Getting the Bone-white Primal Raptor in WoW

-Massive GM raid in Parian as Talazar in Ashen Empires

-First time playing Neverwinter Nights...and dying over and over lol

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Some awesome stories on here, I really enjoyed reading them.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Best thing?  Too many to count.

EQ:  Walking around in Neriak (non-KOS...mostly) as a Rodcet Nife Wizard

Yea, Druids and Rivervale hated me for some time.

#1 thing though in EQ:  Finally making it to Freeport from Qeynos.  Zoned into the Commons and got jumped by a Griffon (one of the few random griffon spawns in the commons back then).  Was almost dead when a 30-ish Monk jumped in and save me.  I stood there and watched as he manhandled the griffon.

#2:  Almost Soloing Nagafen as a 52 Paladin in full cultural armor (among other things)

#3:  Soloing in Iceclad as a 25 Rogue (giants were 35) since I was wearing level 40ish gear.  Had a Ranger stop and watch.  After I finished off the 2 giants I was killing, he inspected me and called me "fragging twink" (censored version of couse)

---------------------------------------------------------

WOW (BC):  Dueled a Protection Paladin friend of mine as a hybrid-Druid (basically, 30/21 or something like that.  Went far enough into Feral to get LotP, and got Nature's Swiftness in Resto).

We virtually couldn't kill each other.  I finally won because he went AFK real quick to get a drink.  I dropped into cat form and killed him just as he got back to his computer.

The duel lasted just over 1hr.

Shadowbane:  Chased a thief down back to his city after he jumped a guildie of mine.  Broke into his city (Black Mask teleport), killed him, re-looted the stuff he stole, and then teleported out of the city and went and returned what he stole.

Another fun thing was when we were farming a Black Mask rune for another friend of mine.  As a Rogue based Huntress, I was keeping an eye on track.  Had some people pop up, so we stealthed (4 of us).  My Crusader friend just stood there, since he couldn't stealth.  Being on the Mourning Server (roleplaying), a Bard showed up and told our Crusader friend that he was tresspassing and needs to leave.  My friend told him (paraphrased), "not going to happen", as he signaled us to get into position.  The Bard said "you can't win" and proceeded to attack.  At that point, we de-stealed, killed, and got the runes and gold he had on him.

Probably the most epic Shadowbane experience was at the expense of a Thief friend of mine.  A few tidbits, Thieves were typically hated across the game due to their ability to steal from you.  We were XPing with some allies.  My thief friend, who just started, logged in and wanted to get in on the action.  He was the ONLY thief in the guild, allowed because he was our RL friend.  He showed up, and de-stealthed in camp and /waved.  The Fury, our ally, said in chat "oh crap, a thief", and started casting a spell.  Before we could finish typing "No Wait", she had already killed him.

My friends and I thought it was hilarious.  Our thief friend wasn't that amused.

Later on, an enemy thief showed up, and stole some stuff from us.  Our thief friend followed him, and stole it back.

Dungeons and Dragons Online:  Multiple cases.  The first was when my old guild leader said that I couldn't open a certain chest, which at the time was the hardest in game, without being totally spec'd for it.  I more or less opened it, with relative ease.  We made it to the raid (which I believe was Titan or something like that).  He said that I needed buffs due the spells that were being case.  I told him "nah, I don't".  After we finished off the raid, with little problem, he asked "wth are your saves".  To which I responded:  24 Will / 31 Reflex / 22 Fort.  He said "impossible".  Everyone knows that Rogues have horrible will/fort.  I told him, while that is true, I'm offsetting it because of the build I made in beta (Rogue/Paladin).

Later that week, he messaged me on his Rogue'adin saying "omg, this is awesome".

Until he quit the game, he was dubbed "Re-formed Rogue Hater"

The 2nd thing was a dungeon.  My friends and I joined a Cleric and one of his buddies.  The cleric really wanted my friends, but didn't want me because I was a rogue and in his eyes "rogues were useless in this dungeon".

Needless to say, the entire party died except for me.  I finished off the beholder (since my resists allowed me to avoid a lot of damage), pulled out a revive scroll.  Rez'd the cleric.

Warhammer Online: I still have the screenshot.  In a battleground we had mostly Bright Wizards.  We finished the map with ZERO deaths.

#1 thing was my friend actually.  He and one of our other guildies were the first ones to 50, beating an asian gold farmer.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

That's a great story and write up :)

The one moment that jumps into my head is from WoW. It was a random comment said in local chat that started a great few months of gaming for me.

My Night Elf Hunter was helping out around Darkshire in Darkwoood, chatting with an NPC there when a squirrel crossed my path. I read in my chat box, "Look! It is one of our brtheren." I looked about and saw another Night Elf standing nearby. I chuckled and we chatted for a bit. We ended up adventuring together for a few days, helping the people of Darkwood.

Through our adventures, we found that we also had a Night Elf Druid we each played. Soon, we were adventuring with them, too. During a quest in Ashenvale Forest (we were cleaning up the Demon troubles there), we perfected a fighting technique where we would go invisible and flank the opponent. We used our cat forms for this mission. One would go behind while the other faced the front of the vile demons. The one in back would swipe first. When the Demon turned to face that menace, the other would strike, now being behind the Demon. Soon, the vile Demon was down.

Throughout this adventure, we were laughing and making jokes. Soon, I do not recall which one of us finally said it, but the phrase "Ninja Cats" came up. We talked about the Druid class and since we had a blast teaming up, we both thought of starting a Guild of Druids called "Ninja Kitties." When were next in a big city (I think it was Stormwind), we registered the Guild and soon found other Druids that wanted to join and adventure with us.

A few times a week, we would all gather in Darnassus. We would then head out in cat form and take our new members on flight path runs (picking up flight path points for our members), running throughout Azeroth. The looks and comments we got were spectacular. Players would literally stop what they were doing and chat with our group. Many joined us in our "cat train." We got many new members this way and within a month had over 100 Druids in our guild.

We finally got together a sizable force one Saturday and headed out to The Crossroads to cause mayhem with The Horde. This was the first time I had ever done something like this. We held The Crossroads for about 45 minutes before The Horde responded and cleared us out. We had actually picked up a couple of Paladins on our journey there. They were impressed by our "Kitty Train" and just tagged along to see what mischief we were up to. It was the most fun I had had in an MMO to that point.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

WOW (BC):  Dueled a Protection Paladin friend of mine as a hybrid-Druid (basically, 30/21 or something like that.  Went far enough into Feral to get LotP, and got Nature's Swiftness in Resto).

We virtually couldn't kill each other.  I finally won because he went AFK real quick to get a drink.  I dropped into cat form and killed him just as he got back to his computer.

The duel lasted just over 1hr.

I believe that, witnessed quite a few lengthy duels between druids and pallies. 

My favorite moment from WoW was being a level 10 horde and venturing into the Barrens for the first time, finally get to Crossroads just like the quest told me to....

and everyone is dead, Alliance are just romping the town. I was like "f this im going to the Undead starting zone"

and never did any of the Barrens quests, which if anyone remembers, FREAKING SUCKED!

Actual fighting wise, that first you time kill Ragnaros is pretty cool, seeing that hammer flip and everyone goes nuts.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

The first time I took off in flight, no mount involved.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Some really great stories from across a nice range of games. Excellent thread idea, Alasti!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Central keep take in daoc everyone of them.

Planetside 1 Last line of defense for 2 hours in basement. Unit held and pushed them out.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

My favorite "moment" in MMOs was when, while playing UO back in the day, I realized they had a very deep plot/story running that few other players knew about. It launched me on a long search for what exactly it was, and for answers.

Unfortunately, those answers never came, and UO under new leadership just canceled the whole thing out while changing more towards "more like other games".

It really P.O.ed me. I had dreams of creating a guild and loose associations with other players to seek out the mysteries and solve the riddles in a true quest like no Themepark can ever create.

You can see the depth of this mystery here at my old page on the subject, if you have any interest in such things.

http://www.drabstreet.net/BlackNeclace.html

Once upon a time....

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119

It's extremely difficult to pick a single one, so I'll grab one that came up recently in conversation.

In UO, one of my characters was a murderous environmentalist. I roleplayed the character rather strictly, right down to personal restrictions on armor and weapons, but since I was often killing players, I was always trying to gauge (and adjust accordingly) to what degree the character may be having a positive or negative impact on the community.

Well, one day this guy was traveling the shops in the forest and I recognized who it was, which created one of those problems one comes across when roleplaying a murderer. From a roleplayed point of view, he defied my character's warning and now surely deserved a swift death. From a not-being-an-ass point of view, this guy isn't much of a fighter and not only would it be no challenge to kill him but it probably isn't going to be much fun for him either, especially since this would be the second time this week.

My character had little interest in speaking with people, but a bit of banter seemed the best course of action here, so I ambushed him and brought him to near death then stopped to relay a 'final ultimatum'. While it *seemed* to have gone well, it's really hard to tell sometimes if someone is roleplaying along with you or if they genuinely are pleading for their life, as some truly view attacking their character as attacking them

Several days later, when reading the server community's 'newspaper' I got my answer. In it there was an article by that very fellow, writing about his encounter in the forest.

Thinking about it, my entire time on the Pacific server was an incredible experience, as many of my favorite moments in MMOs come from not just UO, but that specific server.

Completely unrelated, but as this person was typing this up I was living my third birthday haha

Anyways, my favorite moment would have to be my first true mmo experience, which to most would seem kind of absurd but let's just go back a bit, I was raised from the time I was young in a practical bubble, I wasn't allowed outside because I grew up in a dangerous neighborhood, I was bullied at school, didn't really have any friends.  Finally, along came the computer and I met Runescape (Yes I know kind of anti-climactic for a first time mmo-experience) anyways, the amount of time I poured into that game as a 9 year old with no true real life friends was just...shameful haha, the friends  I made, the social skills I kinda just picked up....I'll just never forget my first mmo experience...it helped me through a pretty lonely childhood. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I can't pick one but I can tell you the common theme from all of my favorites. They involved open world PvP and were generally related to a PvE event of some type. Nothing can match getting jumped and trying to complete the PvE while fighting off the PvP.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

My first Lich King kill in WoW is what stands out for me. We did 10 mans in my guild. So we had 2 tanks, 1 healer and 3 dps left. I was one of the DPS, and I accidentally death gripped LK instead of one of the ghosts, grabbed aggro and died (like a noob). I thought I was going to cause a wipe, but nope, the healer blew up because I effed up, the other 2 dps got the last 2% down before the 10% mark. We all got rezzed and GG.

We had a ton of drama that expansion. Guild fell apart during Uldar, and our core formed a new guild. Switched to 10 man raiding, had a number leave to go back to 25s during the Tournament Raid, so then we worked on training and gearing new raiders for ICC. We rocked most of the place until Sindragosa and LK. Since so many of our raiders were new, they weren't the best at the "holy crap so many things to keep track of" fights. We struggled, but never has clearing an entire raid felt so good.

Ironically enough, after the first time we downed him, we went in week after week and basically trashed that place to gear folks up. Any other LK kill was a one shot. We ran out of time before we really delved into Heroic Mode though.