Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Trion's Spectacular Week

2»

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by ste2000
    @ the poster above
    Rift is a clone of EQ2 with some Warhammer features
    Rift producer supervised 5 Eq2 expansions and you can clearly see the same pattern in Rift

But I do agree, Rift is one of the best Themeparks and definetly the best free one.

LOL if you talking about Hartsman,  your whacked.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by iJustWant

Nice to see some positive publicity for a decent game.

If WoW had never been, we'd all be whining about Rift clones.

ummmm if WoW had never been ,Rift would not have been either....They stole so much from WoW and WAR that it isnt even funny....

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by ste2000

Rift is a clone of EQ2 with some Warhammer features

This is exactly how I felt, having extensively played both. It was like the two came together to make a lovechild.

It's a good looking game, though. I hope they've worked to balance the pvp since I played.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by iJustWant

Nice to see some positive publicity for a decent game.

If WoW had never been, we'd all be whining about Rift clones.

ummmm if WoW had never been ,Rift would not have been either....They stole so much from WoW and WAR that it isnt even funny....

If DIKU had never been then we'd never have seen EQ, WoW or.... That's actually a logical fallacy called "Denying the antecedent". You just can't say if not P then not Q.

Rift is an iteration of WoW.

It incorporated a little of EQ2, sure.  But the core gameplay is 100% modeled after WoW.  the talent trees, the ultra simplistic crafting, the currencies for loot acquisition, the UI, etc...this is all stuff that is different from EQ2 but extremely close, if not identical, to WoW.  This game could not exist if it WoW did not exist, because they set out to make WoW 2.

If WoW never existed perhaps Rift would have tried to be EQ3 or FFXI-II or SWG: the saga continues.  but it would be unrecognizable from its current form.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Good for Trion, but i cant even think of going back to that awful game called Rift.

I have it installed and updated on my laptop, i run it thinking i should check out the new stuff , but as soon as i see those combat  fighting with the windmills animations and that stuttering camera, i close it right away!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is nice to hear about charity for a good cause and nice to hear they are doing better which will keep jobs,but where is the actual game improvements?I mean we don't play their games just because they are doing better or gave to some charity drive.

IMO nothing could save Defiance and i think i am not alone in saying that.Rift still has potential but reminds me a LOT of SWTOR's problems.RIFT is ok but i have better choices both in EQ2 and FFXi,so unless they do something better or improve existing idea like RIFT's i am not interested.

Rift's were a really nice idea,but they went about as cheap and automated as can be,they put little effort into their own MAIN gimmick.Invasions are even worse,put some effort into these systems.

IDK perhaps add in some structure building,that seems to be the current trend among games,perhaps real cities instead of all these what seems more like outposts.How about more depth in gear and crafting and stats and player to player combo attacks?There is soooo much they could do to improve the game.

I think one the main flaws is the very weak use of the hybrid system,you need to give players a sense of a role ,that is how and why you form grouping in games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gramirez85gramirez85 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by psiic
    Originally posted by gramirez85
    Originally posted by psiic

Stayed up for the whole EXTRA LIFE event. Got so into it by the time it was over looked at my paypal and realized I had donated $200.  $5, $10, $15 at a pop.

On a positive note I can't think of a better way to spend $200.

If only you would have donated 6 more dollars you could have had an in game item  or title named after you. Person that donated the most was $205

Not sure how that could be one of the people on team trion had only 2 donations that put him over $1000k

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/390662-official-extra-life-team-trion-worlds-thread-10.html#post4569375

I'm pretty sure other people donated more,  however they did so anonymously or they didn't put their Character information when they donated. It's still all for a good cause so thank you for what you did donate.