Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzcon WoW Expansion Trailer Leaked!

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh.

Demon hunters.

xD

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Ha! nice
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    ROFL!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ya got me.

edit: The only expansion I want isn't even really an expansion! I want blizzard to host some Vanilla WoW servers at a low cost. Bring back the awesomeness of the past. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

ahhahahahahah

caverns of time "new" dungeon, the new profession and the raid partecipant cap increase, those were lovlely

...but wait... where are the corgis?

• archisisarchisis Member UncommonPosts: 58
    LOL, good job! Very funny  :)

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

"The Revenge of ME Where You All DIE!"

AHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the great laugh. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Lol'd, still hate you tho.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Ya got me.

edit: The only expansion I want isn't even really an expansion! I want blizzard to host some Vanilla WoW servers at a low cost. Bring back the awesomeness of the past. 

I actually thought of an interesting way to go about this, should they ever decide to do it.

The main opponent was deciding where they would start and stick to as each expansion had patches and the like (in addition to the work involved in getting it back to that state).  Though they could turn it into a sort of "ladder" thing whereby it starts at the beginning and releases the patches and such at the same rate as they did in the past.  Then at the end of the expansion, they could reset the realm and do it all over again (sending old characters to a "non-ladder" realm that starts over as well, but with their characters they worked on).  Then the ladder will start with brand new characters all over again.

They could do this for Vanilla, TBC and Wrath; perhaps even give the option to move end-season characters to the next expansion (non-ladder) so that they could experience that in the order it originally happened.  Though naturally I doubt they'd have the inclination to do this until WoW is virtually without profit and they need a way to bring back the veterans of it's original release.

:3

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by cippalippa

ahhahahahahah

caverns of time "new" dungeon, the new profession and the raid partecipant cap increase, those were lovlely

...but wait... where are the corgis?

I'd imagine the Corgis are waiting, and watching... and plotting.

Better get your stacks of tiger steaks ready for our new overlords!  They will demand tummy rubs at least three times a day!

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Ya got me.

I could get into that. Albeit, updated graphics would be nice. Just retexturing and scaling it so it looks better in 1920 by 1080p.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So will I be able to roll a gender confused telemarketer ?

Talk about innovation... redoing old content is a great idea!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Sargeras is coming...
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Ya got me.

I actually thought of an interesting way to go about this, should they ever decide to do it.

The main opponent was deciding where they would start and stick to as each expansion had patches and the like (in addition to the work involved in getting it back to that state).  Though they could turn it into a sort of "ladder" thing whereby it starts at the beginning and releases the patches and such at the same rate as they did in the past.  Then at the end of the expansion, they could reset the realm and do it all over again (sending old characters to a "non-ladder" realm that starts over as well, but with their characters they worked on).  Then the ladder will start with brand new characters all over again.

They could do this for Vanilla, TBC and Wrath; perhaps even give the option to move end-season characters to the next expansion (non-ladder) so that they could experience that in the order it originally happened.  Though naturally I doubt they'd have the inclination to do this until WoW is virtually without profit and they need a way to bring back the veterans of it's original release.

I'd just like 1.12.1 and nothing else!  A F2P model would work, or a sub of $5.99 a month would be good as well!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GuppidonGuppidon Member Posts: 4
    Damn,  you got me for 3 seconds until i clicked the link -_-
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

The irony is this parody will likely be more exciting than the real expansion!  Good fun mate!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Lol, good one.

Originally posted by SBFord

"The Revenge of ME Where You All DIE!"

AHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the great laugh. :D

You're welcome!  :3

Saw that it wasn't posted here yet, and thought I'd rectify that!

Originally posted by Xarko
    Lol'd, still hate you tho.

:(

Well!  You probably have a good reason, so I'll respect that opinion.  Glad to see that it made you laugh, though.

Originally posted by Guppidon
    Damn,  you got me for 3 seconds until i clicked the link -_-

Hehe.  The first few seconds of it may throw someone off as well!

Originally posted by vmoped

The irony is this parody will likely be more exciting than the real expansion!  Good fun mate!

Cheers!

Possibly!  Well, it's hard to beat the idea of 400 man raids, minus the management it would take!

Originally posted by Asheram
    Lol, good one.

He actually made a third version of that!  The new one is updated for Mists of Pandaria!

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

new caverns of time: vanilla wow...

do you guys actually understand what "vanilla" means?

that's an unmodified piece of software. the original state in which it was handed out.

eg. it had like.... maraudon. that's about it. hf you pros.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

Originally posted by angzt

new caverns of time: vanilla wow...

do you guys actually understand what "vanilla" means?

that's an unmodified piece of software. the original state in which it was handed out.

eg. it had like.... maraudon. that's about it. hf you pros.

In language there are many words that are used for different things; it's why so many have up to seven different meanings in the dictionary.  It could also be adopted to specific things.  Vanilla, being the most basic ice cream, is referred to in WoW as being the Original or Basic WoW.  This is case where the original / basic flavor was used for the original / basic version of the game.

We can't really call it "WoW classic" under your definition, either.  As Coca Cola already did that.  xD

Though I'll assume you meant that it's impossible to have the Vanilla Version in WoW as an instance.  I think that was part of the joke; the instance was the entire Vanilla game.  The original virtual software; Azeroth and Kalimdor.  It's ridiculous in the same way the 400 man raids were.  :3