Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bear costumes and sloth gliders...

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!!

But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    What is with Asian games and these redonkulous bear and kitty costumes in everything?  While I am looking forward to this one....I am really hoping some of the idiocy gets left behind.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by Kumapon Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!! But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol
    Just read the post below you.

I dunno why NA players seem so xenophobic. I'm an oddball I guess. I loved Lineage (the real one, not L2). I like certain anime and find those differences interesting.

Heh....lol Asians and Westerners like different things.

These are the new Cash shop items, Bear costumes and that new sloth skin for the glider. There was a update today that added in a new open dungeon(With a mermaid world boss), and a pvp ranking system. Will have to check it out.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Kumapon Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!! But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

I dunno why NA players seem so xenophobic. I'm an oddball I guess. I loved Lineage (the real one, not L2). I like certain anime and find those differences interesting.

Hardly xenophobic- we all have our tastes and what contributes or detracts from immersion. Things like the above detract from my immersion so I tend to skip games that have it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by pierth

Hardly xenophobic- we all have our tastes and what contributes or detracts from immersion. Things like the above detract from my immersion so I tend to skip games that have it.

Agreed, I prefer my MMO's take themselves somewhat seriously.

Silly and stupid just doesn't do much for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Just dumb. Disgustingly dumb. 

edit- It seems at some point XL tried to make AA all things to everyone.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    For this I have no words but Trion give us a update on when we can expect beta.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    SLOTH GLIDERS!!?!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Man that is just creepy to me!

Reminds me of the people that like to dress up as animals in order to have...... well you get the picture.  Uuughh!

My other question is what type of magic creates a sloth that is both light enough and aerodynamic enough to fly?  Because why not use that magic to fly yourself, instead of having to buy sloth food all the time?

Looks like a cool dancing game though!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Umm...I just...what the hell was I just watching? I'm not trying to be the no-fun guy, but really? How do things like that enhance a game based on heroic violence? I guess it adds humor or something, but i just don't see it in this genre of game. And people buy these? Sigh, I'm getting old.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    How to destroy your chances with the NA market in 3...2...1

AA has also added a fishing ranking system, nerfed their 10 man raids, and added houses with crafting machines to help with early crafting, in this update.

If you want to check out the "Yata" Bears here are a few videos.

http://youtu.be/kVLOEeVvebY

http://youtu.be/BHYO8OnyiOE

And here is the new sloth glider.

http://youtu.be/WZaVcadWO4I

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    lets hope crap like this does not make it into the western version haha..
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    For this I have no words but Trion give us a update on when we can expect beta.

source ? or wishfull thinking...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Awww, I was going to post this. Well, I'm at least going to embed the video in my post.

I keep thinking about all the people who kept posting about how ArcheAge was going to be the savior of the sandbox genre. They don't seem to be posting that any longer. I would just like to point out the futility of trying to predict the future.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Lol. At one point awhile back I was convinced I was going to get this game. The more I see... it's just so... meh whatever. I'll pass on this nonsense.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)
    lol I end up with Goth Sliders. That could be interesting.

Its a subliminal message from CCP regarding WoD ;)
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    I ll take a MMORPG that is so rich on features and content and give you so much tools that some may don't use correctly or some i will dislike over MMORPGs that lack said features and content anytime.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I'm not sure at this point who their target audience is but it sure as hell isn't me......
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I'm not sure why people think a game that isn't fixated on body-builders and giant swords isn't "serious".  

These things are games.  I for one think the sloth gliders look hilarious.  

Seriously, if you could have a sloth that hangs on your back and dances with you, AND you can hop on him and fly?  Who the heck wouldn't want that?

Anyway, some of you really come off as old fogeys or something when anything that's new and whimsical is instantly labeled "nonsense".

Also, I know some of you hardcore heroic fighters loved you some Super Mario Brothers games back in the day, a game where, as an italian plumber, you jumped on "gumbas" and kicked turtle shells menacingly, and looked forward to getting a power-up that put you in a bear costume where you could use your tail as a propeller.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Also, I know some of you hardcore heroic fighters loved you some Super Mario Brothers games back in the day, a game where, as an italian plumber, you jumped on "gumbas" and kicked turtle shells menacingly, and looked forward to getting a power-up that put you in a bear costume where you could use your tail as a propeller.

I also shit my pants regularly and cried for a nipple all day "back in the day" but college was rough on all freshman.

Also, wasn't that a raccoon?

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Forgive me for asking about insignificant details, but I'm not familiar in ArcheAge lore: why is there a carrot, shot through with an arrow, on the bandana of the pirate bears?

( :D )

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I'm not sure why people think a game that isn't fixated on body-builders and giant swords isn't "serious".  

These things are games.  I for one think the sloth gliders look hilarious.  

Seriously, if you could have a sloth that hangs on your back and dances with you, AND you can hop on him and fly?  Who the heck wouldn't want that?

Anyway, some of you really come off as old fogeys or something when anything that's new and whimsical is instantly labeled "nonsense".

Yeah, I think we've gone so over the top with "serious" that maybe it's time some games move slightly toward to silly.   Having the game make me laugh while also wanting to win is a big plus in my book.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by Grixxitt

I also shit my pants regularly and cried for a nipple all day "back in the day" but college was rough on all freshman.

Also, wasn't that a raccoon?

Yeah it was a raccoon.  And yeah, first year college is pretty rough that way.