Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Bear costumes and sloth gliders...

Informer80Informer80 Stefferson, IDPosts: 91Member

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Vancouver, BCPosts: 705Member Uncommon

Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!!

But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Mitchell, ONPosts: 132Member Uncommon
    What is with Asian games and these redonkulous bear and kitty costumes in everything?  While I am looking forward to this one....I am really hoping some of the idiocy gets left behind.
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!!

But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

Just read the post below you.

I dunno why NA players seem so xenophobic. I'm an oddball I guess. I loved Lineage (the real one, not L2). I like certain anime and find those differences interesting.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by Kumapon Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!! But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

I dunno why NA players seem so xenophobic. I'm an oddball I guess. I loved Lineage (the real one, not L2). I like certain anime and find those differences interesting.

Heh....lol Asians and Westerners like different things.

These are the new Cash shop items, Bear costumes and that new sloth skin for the glider. There was a update today that added in a new open dungeon(With a mermaid world boss), and a pvp ranking system. Will have to check it out.

• pierthpierth San Antonio, TXPosts: 1,503Member

Originally posted by Kumapon Sinking someone's ship in a Pirate Bear Costume would be the ultimate insult. I'm soo going get one!!! But I am sure NA players will be like WTF is this !!!!!...lol

Hardly xenophobic- we all have our tastes and what contributes or detracts from immersion. Things like the above detract from my immersion so I tend to skip games that have it.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,991Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by pierth

Hardly xenophobic- we all have our tastes and what contributes or detracts from immersion. Things like the above detract from my immersion so I tend to skip games that have it.

Agreed, I prefer my MMO's take themselves somewhat seriously.

Silly and stupid just doesn't do much for me.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,275Member Uncommon

Just dumb. Disgustingly dumb. 

edit- It seems at some point XL tried to make AA all things to everyone.

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    For this I have no words but Trion give us a update on when we can expect beta.
    Raptr Gamercard
  • zimikezimike Dayton, TXPosts: 129Member Uncommon
    SLOTH GLIDERS!!?!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
    I'm not Asian lol and I like this sort of thing. This game looks interesting to me and I don't even want to pvp. I might play it and see how far I can carebear my way through.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino London, ONPosts: 1,623Member Uncommon

Man that is just creepy to me!

Reminds me of the people that like to dress up as animals in order to have...... well you get the picture.  Uuughh!

My other question is what type of magic creates a sloth that is both light enough and aerodynamic enough to fly?  Because why not use that magic to fly yourself, instead of having to buy sloth food all the time?

Looks like a cool dancing game though!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ropeniceropenice Lake Worth, FLPosts: 587Member Uncommon
    Umm...I just...what the hell was I just watching? I'm not trying to be the no-fun guy, but really? How do things like that enhance a game based on heroic violence? I guess it adds humor or something, but i just don't see it in this genre of game. And people buy these? Sigh, I'm getting old.
  • TealaTeala SomewherePosts: 7,430Member Uncommon
    How to destroy your chances with the NA market in 3...2...1

AA has also added a fishing ranking system, nerfed their 10 man raids, and added houses with crafting machines to help with early crafting, in this update.

If you want to check out the "Yata" Bears here are a few videos.

http://youtu.be/kVLOEeVvebY

http://youtu.be/BHYO8OnyiOE

And here is the new sloth glider.

http://youtu.be/WZaVcadWO4I

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    lets hope crap like this does not make it into the western version haha..
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    For this I have no words but Trion give us a update on when we can expect beta.

source ? or wishfull thinking...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

Awww, I was going to post this. Well, I'm at least going to embed the video in my post.

I keep thinking about all the people who kept posting about how ArcheAge was going to be the savior of the sandbox genre. They don't seem to be posting that any longer. I would just like to point out the futility of trying to predict the future.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Teala
    How to destroy your chances with the NA market in 3...2...1

Yeah, I sort of thought that too. It spells out to me that the NA markets are really irrelevant to Asian developers. That's sad because I think we're missing out.

What I would really love is for language translation to be dynamic so instead of "westernizing" or "easternizing" a game, they could spin up a local server without the translation overhead and just let people play on it. Instead we have to go through this huge marketing b.s. thing and try to sell the games to people who wouldn't otherwise be interested. Plus that would let me play the real Lineage again.

Not only that but think of all the console jrpgs we could play then!

@Lizard - Yeah predicting the future is futile, sort of like trying to instill wisdom through embedded Youtube videos that don't work. :p (just teasing you)

• ZekiahZekiah Aurora, COPosts: 2,499Member

Lol. At one point awhile back I was convinced I was going to get this game. The more I see... it's just so... meh whatever. I'll pass on this nonsense.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)

Originally posted by Foomerang

say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)

lol I end up with Goth Sliders. That could be interesting.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Silly things like these bear costumes have negative impact on the atmosphere of the game, in my opinion.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Foomerang say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)

Its a subliminal message from CCP regarding WoD ;)
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Foomerang say sloth gliders ten times as fast as you can! :)
    Its a subliminal message from CCP regarding WoD ;)

I lol'd seriously.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    I ll take a MMORPG that is so rich on features and content and give you so much tools that some may don't use correctly or some i will dislike over MMORPGs that lack said features and content anytime.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)