Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Life is Feudal: Out to Defy the Odds

124»

Comments

• kkarrabbasskkarrabbass Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by grimfall

I was just surprised to learn that the Russian versions of A Game of Thrones doesn't have dragons and magic.

Having grown up playing Greyhawke, I wish there were more (OK, any) low magic settings.  They just seem cooler to me.

And yes, this game is going to fail.  It's just MO all over again.  You don't make an entire game around a failed mechanic (full loot FFA PVP), hoping that an untested fix to that  mechanic will be the silver bullet for the problem.  Factions doesn't fix PVP ganking.  UO had factions.

Do not take it personally, I just quote you, but intend to answer whole bunch of other people and their fear of Full Loot.

I remember couple years ago people didn’t want to hear about sand-box games. They were considered a niche games. Developers didn’t make them, because very few people would play them.

Look around now. Things have changed. It is easy to hate something that you have very little idea about.

We have very few games with Full Loot implemented to make really sound judgment about all possible variations and their influence on game play. You cannot consider this strategic decision (not a game mechanic, grimfall) to be a bad one, you do not know yet. You expect it to be the way you experienced it in other games. Why would you? You think there is no way to make it work less destructive to your game play? Those are new guys. With no experience. They might make something different.

• kage71kage71 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Is it just me or does it seems as soon as a company brings a game that is complex they take a giant step back on graphics. Come on this game should look way better than this it is almost 2014 for pete's sake. I would have expected graphics like this during Shadowbane back in the day but the industry has come a long way since.