Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 reasons why Xbox One beats PS4

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Xbox one for moi.  I like Microsoft and Bill Gates. I am not employed or paid by them just being a fan.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Neither is bill gates.

That blowhard Steve balmer is in charge.
  • FurellFurell Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy getting paid by Microsoft for it's ad:

1)  Interface... the same basic interface they tried with Windows 8... how's that working out for them?  Terribly.  Why?  Because it's terrible.  Nevermind the dash doesn't do the intended work.  Pay $50 a year PLUS have ads shoved in your face.  Lovely.

2)  72 PS4: 59 Xbox.  The only one worth mentioning is Titanfall which isn't an XBOX exclusive.  It's also on the PC.

(source:  http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54628/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-a-list-of-all-confirmed-next-gen-titles-and-exclusives)

3)  Best controller is subjective.  I do, however, agree.

4)  Includes Kinect for $100 more.  A system that even the previewers state doesn't work with MICROSOFT people running it.  Kinect is garbage and forcing it down peoples throats it just hard to swallow.  This is coming from someone who put a LOT of money into Kinect and games only to have a disappointed kid at Christmas.

5)  HDMI in.  At this point?  Can't see the real point.  I'm sure someone can use it.  Most of us run our stuff through sound systems though so it's a wee bit pointless.

6)  Skype.... seriously?  We're digging here for reasons.  My phone has skype FFS...

7)  More powerful network... can we get some facts for these numbers?  Because I can say that my internet is the fastest eva but it may not be true.

8)  GDDR3 isn't as good as GDDR5.  Period.  Sorry.  Don't make excuses.

9)  Versatility.. have you SEEN how big that thing is?  It's HUGE.  It's like my PS3, blu-ray AND stereo all in one.  You see how SMALL the PS4 is?  It's basically a Wii.  (all the other things my Wii could have done... minus TV but since TV is based on nation, I'll just stick to the cable box I ALREADY HAVE to do that job)

But of course, this is just a troll thread.  But I've replied.  MAYBE after 6 months to 1 yr, I'll be picking up a Xbone but not until it shows a clear path.  ESPECIALLY after the RROD issues.  I would think people would be more shy about that striking again in a similar form.

First I want to note I'm not at all an Xbox fanboy, just waiting to see how the cards will be played and then I'll decide if I buy Xbox, Playstation, both or none.

1) You call it terrible. What's terrible? They shouldn't have gone with Windows 8 to pc, but there is really nothing wrong with the dashboard on Xbox. It also works on tablets quite well. So no, it's not terrible. Maybe on pc, but that hasn't anything to do with Xbox One, does it?

2) Quality above quantity right? The only game worth mentioning on the PS4 launch is Shadowfall so I wouldn't say one of them is better per se, this is just totally subjective.

3) Lol, yes this is very subjective. Although I did hear some guy from Sony say they almost implemented the triggers like Xbox has, but that they skipped that because the trigger position is kinda like a trademark for them. I don't have the source for it anymore, sorry about that. But imo that's sort of giving credits to the Xbox controller. 

4) Kinect is at this moment really unnecessary idd. They should have launched another Xbox for 100 dollars less without Kinect, same as the 2 versions from Xbox 360. Really stupid why they didn't do that, because that will cost them A LOT of consoles. Console gamers are compared to pc gamers somewhat noobs (no offense). Children who want a console will always get the cheaper one from their parents. Or a hardworking student who doesn't care for their camera or exclusive titles.

5) They want to make a multimedia system from Xbox in the living room, so I kinda get that they implement it when needed in some rare situation. But that's not really weird imo.

6) You're asking about skype, why they should use it. Well, why shouldn't they use it? They bought it for a huge amount of money so Skype on your Xbox sure why not?

7) That's kinda vague idd, we'll see how it turns out. What will be the better service and who will be the cheaper of the two?

8) Nope. I don't make excuses :P

9) You stick to your cable box, but other households may get it as a multimedia system and then it's not that bad. I think the design is quite well done, same as the PS4 is, just slightly different, which is cool. I want them to be different, and both have their own role at the gaming market :)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yes but...

1. Xbox One is rumored to come with FREE NSA Spyware on listening to you're private life and watching what you do.

2. PC still beats consoles its a matter of opinion but I rather have my pc than have a console, make games that work with pc not console consoles can't be freely upgraded, my PC can instead I have to spend $400 this year for a console $400 next year or two from then and so on my pc builds last over 5 years usually and work just fine still today im playing all games fine on a 2008 computer build max graphics everything often multi-boxing.

3. Skype in Xbox One more rumored NSA Spyware, I would rather be on my I-Pad using a VPN/VPS/Proxies bouncing my connection around the world and making prank calls that can't really be tracked, totally remaining anonymous except to the highest levels over government.

4. Exclusive games, well that is their loss I won't be buying the console so I won't be buying their games. (Make them for PC.) I would love to play Mortal Kombat on PC.

My console still can't do this and can't be modified or upgraded.

Sure I like Xbox over PS3 but still its a console I just dislike consoles in general.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Xbox one for moi.  I like Microsoft and Bill Gates. I am not employed or paid by them just being a fan.

This made me /facepalm...  The lemmings are running  > > > > that way! Quickly now or you will get left behind.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by goldtoof
    Neither is bill gates.

That blowhard Steve balmer is in charge.

Doesn't matter Bill's money and he is the gamer at heart who has very much control of it if need be.

Originally posted by FlawSGI

This made me /facepalm...  The lemmings are running  > > > > that way! Quickly now or you will get left behind.

Why the face palm? Do you have a favorite food? Sports team you like? Movie or music perhaps?

I use Microsoft products everyday and they save lives for my organization.  Some might say you don't need them but yes we do. Everything in this world can't be virtualized... anyways I am not going to go off on a technical rant explaining it to you.  Get over it...

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Why the face palm? Do you have a favorite food? Sports team you like? Movie or music perhaps?

I use Microsoft products everyday and they save lives for my organization.  Some might say you don't need them but yes we do. Everything in this world can't be virtualized... anyways I am not going to go off on a technical rant explaining it to you.  Get over it...

Oh I am more than over it. Blind consumerism at it's finest. There's none so blind as those who will not see and all...

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I don't yet see how either one beats the other yet. For me, Gran Turismo 6 is the only Sony exclusive that is a must buy. There is not a single exclusive for Xbox One that makes me feel like I must purchase that console. One for PS4 is not enough either. If Kingdom Hearts 3 is PS4 exclusive, that will probably tip me over the edge.

But for now? You're buying based off potential for the most part. Which is a hefty price tag for buying something in good faith. Taking a 60 dollar "gamble" on a new release is one thing. Five hundred dollars is another heh.

• holiestholiest Member Posts: 14

1)  Interface... the same basic interface they tried with Windows 8... how's that working out for them?  Terribly.  Why?  Because it's terrible.  Nevermind the dash doesn't do the intended work.  Pay $50 a year PLUS have ads shoved in your face.  Lovely.

2)  72 PS4: 59 Xbox.  The only one worth mentioning is Titanfall which isn't an XBOX exclusive.  It's also on the PC.

(source:  http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54628/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-a-list-of-all-confirmed-next-gen-titles-and-exclusives)

4)  Includes Kinect for $100 more.  A system that even the previewers state doesn't work with MICROSOFT people running it.  Kinect is garbage and forcing it down peoples throats it just hard to swallow.  This is coming from someone who put a LOT of money into Kinect and games only to have a disappointed kid at Christmas.

5)  HDMI in.  At this point?  Can't see the real point.  I'm sure someone can use it.  Most of us run our stuff through sound systems though so it's a wee bit pointless.

6)  Skype.... seriously?  We're digging here for reasons.  My phone has skype FFS...

7)  More powerful network... can we get some facts for these numbers?  Because I can say that my internet is the fastest eva but it may not be true.

9)  Versatility.. have you SEEN how big that thing is?  It's HUGE.  It's like my PS3, blu-ray AND stereo all in one.  You see how SMALL the PS4 is?  It's basically a Wii.  (all the other things my Wii could have done... minus TV but since TV is based on nation, I'll just stick to the cable box I ALREADY HAVE to do that job)

But of course, this is just a troll thread.  But I've replied.  MAYBE after 6 months to 1 yr, I'll be picking up a Xbone but not until it shows a clear path.  ESPECIALLY after the RROD issues.  I would think people would be more shy about that striking again in a similar form.

Bravo, Couldn't have said it any better.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by holiest

Seconded. A less powerful machine for a higher pricetag.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by holiest

Seconded. A less powerful machine for a higher pricetag.

totally agree, if its about games then the PS4 wins, its a far more powerful games machine, and its cheaper, and after the latest debacle where the same game has to be run on the Xbone at 720p where its running at full HD on the PS4 is just the beginning of the 'gap' in performance, maybe if MS dropped the Kinnect from the Xbone they could reduce the price enough it might be more competitive, but tbh, MS's best option at the moment is to keep plugging the whole 'media experience' of the Xbone rather than how well it plays games (which it doesnt) although whether that would work outside of NA is debateable. Perhaps Xbone might manage to be more popular in NA, but its a stretch, as cost + performance are also pretty huge factors, and unless MS is prepared to keep on buying exclusives, which is a very costly option and despite how wealthy the company is, i doubt they can keep it up for too long. Eventually the gap between the 2 consoles is probably going to be extremely noticeable.image

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by DMKano

My plan is to skip the first 2 revisions of either one, so wait for a year and get a better hardware revision at that time (cheaper too most likely)

I can easily get another 2 years out of my PS3, no rush.

to bad my ps3 just died, really funny how it lived until the new ps4 comes out. (bought it on release, it has a real long durability)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

This is one of the worst articles I have every read. Ever. Everything this person writes about is either completely subjective or just is opinion based on zero presented facts.

From what I have read and seen so far.. throw all of the specs out the damn window. The systems are pretty much identical as stated by major developers. It comes down to.. as it always has, interface and available games. Make your decision based on that and don't listen to this shitty EPEEN articles of why MY system is better then YOUR system. They're a waste of time.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Perhaps the fact that this incredibly contrived article was written, and had to go to such lengths to find bullet points is the most damning thing for xbox as of yet?

Which is no mean feat to be honest, considering how brilliant microsoft has been in sinking their own ship.

The craziest thing of all?

I do not think the Xbox is as bad as microsoft makes it out to be.

Consider that last sentence and tell me that is not insane?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Two things are objectively clear though, regardless of which console you feel the need to side with.

1. Xbox one controller has haptic feedback (triggers only). For those who have used it properly, it makes all the difference in the world.

2. Microsoft is in a better position, along with their "tech" to control the market a bit better and even push for exclusives. Not saying this is a good thing for the industry mind you, but due to their position and the tech they own, they are in a better position to force/control the market a bit.

An added third thing worth paying attention to is the fact that Gabe Newell and Valve plan on tossing a wrench into it all, which can change the entire dynamic of where games are going and how they are consumed, both now in the present and in the future.

IF Sony actually follows through and creates drivers for the PS4 controller for the PC (before the steam controller hits the market) they can potentially get a decent boost from peripheral sales ( as having a touch pad is indeed handy as far as computer usability is concerned).

At the end of the day however, I think PC gamers are going to come out the winner, especially as more studios (not tied to certain publishers) are willing to re-focus on the PC market with a steam platform.

• animegeekie14animegeekie14 Member Posts: 10

This is my opinion personally ,but PS4 has better graphics and gaming altogether, also the PS4 is a $100 cheaper than XB1 and a lot less things you need to pay for on it.

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185

I wish they both would drop the multimedia direction on both these units and make they simple, nice looking consoles that we can pop a disk in and go nuts. After all, most working adults have a smart TV and a home thetre system that is an order of magnitude better than these half arsed attempts.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

The reality is simple! You cannot find a PS4 anywhere right now. There are backorders all the way into march. You can find a Xbox One EVERYWHERE!  Should tell you something!

Also to note, most players are wanting a PS4 over a Xbox One. Been to Gamestop lately? Xbox fans are in for a rude awakening when they visit!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

The XBOX one is an oversized entertainment gimmick with more complicated menus and commands that will frustrate the hell out of people since they only work 80% of the time, not to mention that won't even allow the same type of sound quality your good receiver offers if you have surround sound. 

The PS4 is a gaming machine $100 less.

Both aren't worth purchasing since the Launch Games stink and I feel bad for anyone that wasn't patient enough to wait and was suckered to buy one. I think we should have taught them a lesson to release quality games before suckering people.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by karmath
    The PS4 will age a lot better than the xbox. The graphics are slightly better in launch titles, expect the gap to widen. 

There is no doubt that the PS4 is a more powerful unit from a technical standpoint. If games were being developed to match the power of the unit then PS4 would win, hands down. The problem is that devs do not develop games to take advantage of current hardware specs. They develop games to sell the most copies which means doing so for the masses. When developing in that way you make a game that can be played by the lowest common denominator that will maximize sales, not the highest. For this reason Xbox One will hold back the PS4 because it is the lowest common denominator spec wise. Game titles that are cross platform will be made for the xbox one and then ported to PS4 with little upgrade to take advantage of the PS4's power. The only games where we will see the power of the PS4 shine down the road are the exclusive titles.

The difference in power is already noticeable, in BF4 for instance, Xbone resolution is 1280x720 and frame rate is still low, might want to check out totalbiscuit on this one. There is also the fact that the Xbone cannot render anything in a resolution higher than 1280x720 anyway, whereas the PS4 renders at 1920x1080, the difference is all in the hardware, not just the fact PS4 uses DDR5 which has way more bandwidth than DDR3, but also because the GPU in the PS4 is at least a generation newer than the one in the Xbone.  And there is also the issue with, developers supposedly developing games for the Xbone and then porting to the PS4, if the Xbone had somehow managed to dominate the market in terms of console numbers, that might be the case, but, it isn't, i don't know what the numbers are like in the US, but in the UK at least, sales seem to indicate that sony is outselling MS by almost 3-1, although accurate sales figures probably won't be around until at least february of next year, i think by then the results will be terrifying, for MS at least image

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The difference between 720p and 1080p is huge. The only reason some might not notice is because they think screen resolution is the same as game resolution; not understanding how native game resolution isn't the same as Film/TV resolution. They might not notice it because they haven't experienced it. Put the two side by side though and the difference is obvious, immediately. The 1080p will have a more compact UI and will show a larger view of the game world. If you don't understand this, you don't understand resolution.

When you increase game resolution it doesn't stretch a predefined image over more pixels (like screen resolution), it adds more image. It's like looking through a small window vs looking through a large window; you can see more of the view through the larger window.

The PS4 can handle games in a higher native resolution. It can show 'more' graphics at the same time.. not 'better' graphics. It is significantly more powerful. If the PS4 was running a game at 720p it could be optimised to have much 'better' graphics and effects while keeping to the X1's 720p frame rate, if the devs took the time to do so (which they probably wouldn't since it would complicate the development process and make it more costly).

Summary:

'Game' resolution directly affects gameplay because you can view more of the game world. It doesn't just affect the graphics quality.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor

The difference between 720p and 1080p is huge. The only reason some might not notice is because they think screen resolution is the same as game resolution; not understanding how native game resolution isn't the same as Film/TV resolution. They might not notice it because they haven't experienced it. Put the two side by side though and the difference is obvious, immediately. The 1080p will have a more compact UI and will show a larger view of the game world. If you don't understand this, you don't understand resolution.

When you increase game resolution it doesn't stretch a predefined image over more pixels (like screen resolution), it adds more image. It's like looking through a small window vs looking through a large window; you can see more of the view through the larger window.

True enough, though there are probably quite a few people out there who don't understand how Ram affects PC's and the CPU/GPU in particular, or what the difference is between ddr3 and ddr5, after all 8gb of either one is the same rightimage

of course their not the same at all, but without understanding why it makes so much difference, or why bandwidth is important, particularly for GPU's then the 'figures' each company puts out, probably the only way for them to realise, is to see the difference, and its only when you see all 3 (PC too!) running side by side that you can tell the difference, but one thing is for sure, already, when games like BF4 are run side by side, the Xbone is clearly the loser, and if its that noticeable now, just thing what it will be like this time next year, when they are rushing out games for xmas 2014!

I can quite easily see games being developed that are not capable of being run on the Xbone, but are on the PS4/PC and with console architecture being aligned more with PC's now, that is something that is a distinct possibility image

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Vannor

True enough, though there are probably quite a few people out there who don't understand how Ram affects PC's and the CPU/GPU in particular, or what the difference is between ddr3 and ddr5, after all 8gb of either one is the same rightimage

of course their not the same at all, but without understanding why it makes so much difference, or why bandwidth is important, particularly for GPU's then the 'figures' each company puts out, probably the only way for them to realise, is to see the difference, and its only when you see all 3 (PC too!) running side by side that you can tell the difference, but one thing is for sure, already, when games like BF4 are run side by side, the Xbone is clearly the loser, and if its that noticeable now, just thing what it will be like this time next year, when they are rushing out games for xmas 2014!

I can quite easily see games being developed that are not capable of being run on the Xbone, but are on the PS4/PC and with console architecture being aligned more with PC's now, that is something that is a distinct possibility image

I agree, The X1 has a good chance of being outdated long before the PS4.. if the third party devs don't lower the standard on the PS4 so they can accommodate an X1 release as well.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.