Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slay or Kill

Hi friends.
My native language is not English. Help solve the problem with the name of the game.
Please explain the difference between these words and tell me which one is best to use the name of online PvP game. Players will fight with swords.

Generally, this voxel game with the ability to dig. Well, you understand, the game is the successor of Mc.

Which is better: 
"Dig Steal Slay"; [DiSS/DSS]
"Dig Steal Kill"; [DiSK/DSK]
"Dig Slay Steal"; [DiSS/DSS]
"Dig Kill Steal"; [DiKS/DKS]
"Steal-n-Kill";
"Dig-n-Kill"?

Pay attention to the abbreviated name - it is also important.

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Slay is more commonly used for open combat in some form. Slaying a dragon, slaying one's foes on the battlefield, etc.

Kill is more commonly used when the event cannot really be described as a battle. Killing a roach, killing an enemy in his sleep, killing an opponent in a formal duel, etc. It is also however the default term for causing the death of anything else, so it can accurately be used in pretty much any situation.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• rainbowstonerainbowstone Member Posts: 5

"Slay" has that honorable feel to it.

"Kill" sounds criminal-like.