Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HenryX presents all classes in AoC[Vid].

2»

Comments

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by DaSpack
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by sibs4455

Funcom needs another good kick in their ass to wake them up.

How on earth do they expect to get old players to return to AoC when they cannot even send you an email with a good incentive deal attached. I mean look at all the skill tree points they have given out, but if I were to return I would get none, so yes I would be just cannon fodder in pvp against maxed out players, and lets face it they will be maxed out.

But all this and other reasons have been said numerous times before and it all falls on deaf ears, so no returns, existing players leave, server merges happen and the faithful cry that the game is thriving. One server left out of so many, if there was ever a game that messed up big time it was AoC for it is probably one of the best ever mmorpgs that has been made. 

I am faithful, and the game is deader then ever. Yes I did try to rally a few months ago, but that ws before this ridiculous merger.

What funcom has done , was to insure that population is low enough so that  they can shut the game down.  THe servers had more players playing before the merger, but now that the pvp server is mixed with Russian hackers and exploiters, game is dieing even faster.

I've play against HenryX over several years with different chacters, he now hacks, using the thing we can't talk about here. If players think for one second someone can do combos perfectly in a row for hours on end, they are fooling themselves. Game has been destroyed by the player base funcom seems to love. Why funcom continues to support hacking and cheating is beyond me, and the only true answer fro a lot people is, just don't play. and wait for Gloria Victus or another "real" pvp game.

And if anyone ghas been paying attention to my sig, I now only have 2 games as best F2p. AoC was taking off, DCuO was taken off.  I'm thinking to adding Rift, they are doing an amazing job.

To this I can only ask, what are you really ranting about? If you play AoC you would perfectly well know it's not macroable, because it is not a competition about firing off a long chain og keystrokes as fast as possible. In PvP it's all about timing so that you can land the various strokes. If you miss one, dmg og combo is reduced significantly not only because you miss a stroke on you oponent but also because the last blow of combo will deal less damage. Are you sure you have played AoC?

lol. You havent been paying long have you.... google it and become educated.

I don't have to google anything, becasue I play the game. Most people that whine about hacks and cheats are relly just people not understanding the other classes.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Um... is it just me, or does AoC look better than all the mmorpgs out and all the ones coming out? 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Um... is it just me, or does AoC look better than all the mmorpgs out and all the ones coming out? 

Depends on what you mean under look better.

Graphics-wise TSW is better if everything is maxed, gameplay-wise LotRO's warden is better and more fun than the melee combo system (only until 18th, sadly, after that you can erase this line out...) and f2p payment model also not the best, there are much better ones.

But as an overall package, I agree that AoC is still one of the best games out there :)

Originally posted by Po_gg

Graphics-wise TSW is better if everything is maxed, gameplay-wise LotRO's warden is better and more fun than the melee combo system (only until 18th, sadly, after that you can erase this line out...) and f2p payment model also not the best, there are much better ones.

But as an overall package, I agree that AoC is still one of the best games out there :)

You did not mention WHY AoC look better than anything else out there. AoC have something like 180 animated bones in the characters, and it's all motion captured better than anything else in the market. TSW have only 80something animated bones. It will never give anthing close to the AoC feel when it comes to graphics and animation smoothness/realistic touch.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

You did not mention WHY AoC look better than anything else out there. AoC have something like 180 animated bones in the characters, and it's all motion captured better than anything else in the market. TSW have only 80something animated bones. It will never give anthing close to the AoC feel when it comes to graphics and animation smoothness/realistic touch.

I agree, AOC is still one of the best if not the best looking mmos to ever be released.

Originally posted by fodell54

I agree, AOC is still one of the best if not the best looking mmos to ever be released.

I know, and people don't know why exactly... 180 animation bones is a whole lot more moving parts pr character require a decent computer and broadband even today... But we love it. I think that the technical requirements in terms of hardware was one of the things that brought the game to it's knees in 2008.

The Ultimate Breakdown