Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: Check Out 'Old School' For Free

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jagex has announced that folks wanting to check out Old School Runescape can do so this weekend thanks to a free weekend promotion. The event will run through November 4th and players will have full-member access to the game.

The free access weekend enables non-members to experience the full members feature set, and coincides with the RuneFest 3 fan convention in London, the release of PvP worlds and the Halloween holiday event into Old School RuneScape.

Ghosts are abroad in Gielinor this year and if you can overcome your fear to help banish them you will be able to get your hands on the fabled black Halloween mask, the first new Halloween mask since 2002.

The launch of PvP worlds sees the most hardcore RuneScape experience to date, freeing players from their shackles to take part in PvP gameplay, everywhere and all the time, in these very special worlds.

Any progress made in Old School during the open access weekend will be saved, enabling non-members to continue their adventures where they left off, should they wish to purchase membership in the future. 

Find out more on the Runescape page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I have to admit I am tempted to try to relive my early MMO gaming experience and jump in for the weekend.  I just have so many other games at the moment.   Tough decisions. 
  • pkerguypkerguy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Would have been a little better if they offered a full week
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    They are trying to hook people into the nostalgia which a lot of people who try it will fall into it. But realize this, if you do fall back into oldschool runescape, the only way to play is that specific patch that it is on. They aren't going to update it, they will only add more content to the newest version of the game, so if you are going to play the game oldschool only, expect to get burnt out at some point. I enjoy both servers, but the oldschool just loses it's charm after a couple weeks.