Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can tell that you guys are pissed about this game not being on PC but....

IoshtIosht Member Posts: 38
 First of all I'm what you would call a casual  ( http://lusipurr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Filthy-Casual.jpg , I'm kinda like the guy on the right  and I don't have a PC meant for gaming)  and I've taken a break from Dust 514 for about two weeks and I plan to keep going for about another month or two unless it starts to actually look like an MMOFPS. But back to what this topic is about, why is it that you guys think that this game will fail if there is no PC version? I'm pretty sure that CCP could possibly get a bigger population on the PS3 than they would on the PC if it was PC only. And I say possibly because this game is far from what was advertised and I mean really really far at the rate CCP goes. The Carbon engine that Dust 514 was originally worked (which looked pretty dam fun) looked pretty good. And yes since there are limits to the PS3 CCP has to wait for a PS4 version to be able to put more awesome things in Dust 514. (riding in EVE ships and looking out the window, seeing EVE battles outside a space station and other things that the PS3 may not be able to handle) A PC version would be dominant in so many ways, except for the possible population count(again because the game is far from what it should be). But also what's wrong with getting your own PS3? If you can afford to build your own PC then buying a PS3 won't really be a problem for you.  The cost of the PS3 has gone down a lot in the past year and the cost of the PS3 is gonna be even lower when the PS4 is released. After buying it all you'll really need besides the controller and the few other things that always come with it is a headset, and you can pretty much use any headset with the PS3. A console only version of Dust 514 isn't so bad that the game will die because of that. Although a PS4 version would be great soon.

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

i didnt even know this game existed, and even though I own a ps3 .. i wish I still didn't know it existed.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Iosht     The Carbon engine that Dust 514 was originally worked (which looked pretty dam fun) looked pretty good.

Are you working for CCP PR  to spin truth and blame everything else from CCP ?  It is confirmed CCP started with unreal engine . Also who wants to play  crap  even on PC ? There was one time people were expecting Dust would be a good game but ccp delivered junk .

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=117737&p=2

May 03 02:55:14 Orca_Amsel hey [CCP]nothin do you know when ccp switch to unreal for dust?
    May 03 02:55:23 Orca_Amsel switched*
    May 03 02:55:38 [CCP]nothin it's been on Unreal since it was announced
    May 03 02:55:44 Orca_Amsel since 2009?
    May 03 02:55:48 [CCP]nothin yup

Edit : Also why are you trying to blame unreal engine ? It is most used and known engine  .Aso people who blame PS3 hardware there is a game called MAG with 128*128 player  , 256 total versus 16*16 . You need only to blame CCP

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

This thread reminds me of a ...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by Iosht
     After buying it all you'll really need besides the controller and the few other things that always come with it is a headset, and you can pretty much use any headset with the PS3. A console only version of Dust 514 isn't so bad that the game will die because of that. Although a PS4 version would be great soon.

I'm not saying this game will die without a PC version, but what I highlighted is why I won't be playing this game, on a PS3 or 4 regardless.

Give me a solid keyboard/mouse interface and maybe I'd consider it, but then again, I really only play MMORPG's and so far I haven't seen any on the PS3/4 that would take me away from the PC.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    I think CCP is starting to realize a lot of Eve Pilots have a sincere attachment to the Eve Universe and really would embrace a PC client for Dust bunnies.  
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I only played the beta of Dust for a short time so my experience is limited but I really didn't find it all that impressive or fun. I know Dust was a real leap for CCP so I can only bitch so much about the game. I do feel they have the technical skill for something really in-depth Dust isn't that however and falls short.  Would it be received better on PC? A strong chance but the gameplay would still need to be refreshed before I could say they had a fun game.  It would look tons better but that's a given really. 

As mentioned MAG (Zipper Interactive) was a much better product. Classic really only one of its kind in console market and even current big titles such as Call of Duty: Ghost, Battlefield 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall aren't brave enough to tackle such numbers in gameplay.

Now Planetside 2 will be on Playstation 4 so its a chance to see another developer (SoE) take on big numbers in a massive "persistant" environment on consoles. Next-gen consoles are open to many possibilities.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• IoshtIosht Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Opapanax

I only played the beta of Dust for a short time so my experience is limited but I really didn't find it all that impressive or fun. I know Dust was a real leap for CCP so I can only bitch so much about the game. I do feel they have the technical skill for something really in-depth Dust isn't that however and falls short.  Would it be received better on PC? A strong chance but the gameplay would still need to be refreshed before I could say they had a fun game.  It would look tons better but that's a given really. As mentioned MAG (Zipper Interactive) was a much better product. Classic really only one of its kind in console market and even current big titles such as Call of Duty: Ghost, Battlefield 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall aren't brave enough to tackle such numbers in gameplay.Now Planetside 2 will be on Playstation 4 so its a chance to see another developer (SoE) take on big numbers in a massive "persistant" environment on consoles. Next-gen consoles are open to many possibilities.

I think I know how you feel, I remember being so excited when I was first downloading Dust 514 during the closed beta. I only got interested in this game because of its connection to EVE otherwise I wouldn't have cared at all. After my first few matches I was wondering "where's the EVE side?", all I saw was another FPS and not a very good one. And like you I wasn't impressed, in fact after that I played very little. Maybe once or twice a week but that was about it. I only started playing more after a buddy of mine downloaded the game. And played even more after we joined a corporation. But now th excitement is gone, there really is no fun in Dust 514 for me, my buddy and my current corp/guild/group.
  • Originally posted by Iosht
     First of all I'm what you would call a casual  ( http://lusipurr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Filthy-Casual.jpg , I'm kinda like the guy on the right  and I don't have a PC meant for gaming)  and I've taken a break from Dust 514 for about two weeks and I plan to keep going for about another month or two unless it starts to actually look like an MMOFPS. But back to what this topic is about, why is it that you guys think that this game will fail if there is no PC version? I'm pretty sure that CCP could possibly get a bigger population on the PS3 than they would on the PC if it was PC only. And I say possibly because this game is far from what was advertised and I mean really really far at the rate CCP goes. The Carbon engine that Dust 514 was originally worked (which looked pretty dam fun) looked pretty good. And yes since there are limits to the PS3 CCP has to wait for a PS4 version to be able to put more awesome things in Dust 514. (riding in EVE ships and looking out the window, seeing EVE battles outside a space station and other things that the PS3 may not be able to handle) A PC version would be dominant in so many ways, except for the possible population count(again because the game is far from what it should be). But also what's wrong with getting your own PS3? If you can afford to build your own PC then buying a PS3 won't really be a problem for you.  The cost of the PS3 has gone down a lot in the past year and the cost of the PS3 is gonna be even lower when the PS4 is released. After buying it all you'll really need besides the controller and the few other things that always come with it is a headset, and you can pretty much use any headset with the PS3. A console only version of Dust 514 isn't so bad that the game will die because of that. Although a PS4 version would be great soon.

So like many other i tried dust 514 on my old PS3, i was really disappointed in the game, i'm a big eve fan especially of the lore, but the fact they decided to release this on a PS3 instead of wait a few months and bring it to the next gen PS4? what were they thinking?

First they have had to lower the gfx to such a point they are unbearable for me, from the lack of AA, to the lack of textures and quality, not only this but the size of the maps, amount of players, content are all low because of this bad decision. Also the PS3 controller i found insanely hard to aim with and the mouse and keyboard support was terrible.

I have just bought and received my PS4 from amazon a few days ago (super lucky i know) and was soo hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players? last time i checked wiki the PS3 had only sold 80 million units? are they aiming for a 100% ps3 player count but even though half of the people prob dont play anymore or have bought a ps4 or xbox one...

So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?

But again i will stress how much they have held this game back for the next 10 years because of PS3, sure the PS4 may eventually come out and have better gfx but the content will still have to abide by the laws of the PS3 because the PS3 must be able to run it, 256mb ram vs 8 gig... for a start this aint good, so for the next 10 years the PS4 is now held back from the PS3, great choice there CCP... what have you done.

This game could have been so much more, imagine planetside 2 size or huge worlds that are fought for over days or weeks not simple matches, it could have been open world across multiple systems and planets, and as a primary pc gamer i always wanted this game on PC, but their neglect to their fanbase just shows what CCP really think, i dont care about them wanting a different fan/playerbase you just don't walk into a nightclub and try to convert everyone into hardcore WoW raiders, while starving your true fans of a game they want.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Once Planetside 2, Destiny and some other MMO FPS hits the ps4. This game will not fair well at all. The only people imo interested in this title are EVE players who may have some time to kill between fleet ops, even then I'd rather do something else.

My current game of choice is planetside 2 since the bug squish and no Im not an SOE Shill wish I was cause then I'd get paid for telling the truth lols.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

So I need to buy a outdated console just for 1 game as I am not a console gamer, all new games will be made for that PS4 anyways; and play a game from what I understand is sub par, and losing players rapidly?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• lordshroom420lordshroom420 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This game is coming out on PC  it's a eve game guys
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Only thing I'm pissed about is they cancelled WoD because of this pos game.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by Wicoa

Once Planetside 2, Destiny and some other MMO FPS hits the ps4. This game will not fair well at all. The only people imo interested in this title are EVE players who may have some time to kill between fleet ops, even then I'd rather do something else.

My current game of choice is planetside 2 since the bug squish and no Im not an SOE Shill wish I was cause then I'd get paid for telling the truth lols.

the game need a redesign for next gen. No small scale PS3 design.

Needs better talent tree and better class roles that are more fun to play. I like the medic class from MAG because it was fun to play compared to Planetside 2's medic. So make Dust 514 medic just as fun to play if not better.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

I played EVE for a long time. I also played Dust for a while. Had close to 9k sps in Dust. Then I leave a month, come back and they reset the skill trees. As well as redesign the race perks, armor fittings and weap fittings. I left Dust and have not looked back.

If you want the EVE feeling on the ground. Then Perpetuum is it! Downloadable @ steam! Frigging AWESOME GAME!

I also recommend Defiance. It is cross system. PS4, PS3, XBOX 360, XBOX One and PC. Very fun FPS/MMO. They have improved that game alot!