Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: Checking in with G.I.R.L. Scholarship Winner, Esther Wu

2»

Comments

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    Originally posted by DathanKnight

I'll go ahead and say congratulations.  For people too self-absorbed to wish others well when they receive something like this, I can only say I know nothing about their lives and have no idea why this irks them so badly.

If you want to cite ratio statistics, go ahead and look up the male/female ratio for tech/engineering degrees.  Nothing is stopping males from going to college other than a cultural anti-intellectualism bias.  All it takes to pay for college is to stay out of trouble, keep up average grades, and talk to your nearest recruiter.  BAM.  Four years of work experience, often with technical applications, and free bachelor's degree.  Heck, they even PAY you to attend school when you complete your four years, give you a stipend for books, and only require you to take 12 hours a semester for being a "full time student."

Thats great information.  Except, you forgot the part where you think you will go to college.  But, instead get deployed.  Been there done that.  You're not a recruiter are you? lol.

if the best way for a guy go to college is to enlist, then your country certainly is doing something really wrong, even more wrong is when a guy say something like this.....

I had 5 friends from my graduating class go this route.  One I knew since 2'nd grade.  They all died before getting to attend college.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    wow. just when you think jealous males have perhaps dealt with their own misogyny and their own sense of entitlement ... you read the comments here.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Konfess
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    Originally posted by DathanKnight

I'll go ahead and say congratulations.  For people too self-absorbed to wish others well when they receive something like this, I can only say I know nothing about their lives and have no idea why this irks them so badly.

If you want to cite ratio statistics, go ahead and look up the male/female ratio for tech/engineering degrees.  Nothing is stopping males from going to college other than a cultural anti-intellectualism bias.  All it takes to pay for college is to stay out of trouble, keep up average grades, and talk to your nearest recruiter.  BAM.  Four years of work experience, often with technical applications, and free bachelor's degree.  Heck, they even PAY you to attend school when you complete your four years, give you a stipend for books, and only require you to take 12 hours a semester for being a "full time student."

Thats great information.  Except, you forgot the part where you think you will go to college.  But, instead get deployed.  Been there done that.  You're not a recruiter are you? lol.

if the best way for a guy go to college is to enlist, then your country certainly is doing something really wrong...

I had 5 friends from my graduating class go this route.  One I knew since 2'nd grade.  They all died before getting to attend college.

and then there's ^this.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse