Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It´s under 30.000

13»

Comments

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by bound4hades
    Originally posted by inporylemQQ
    Originally posted by drakaena
    Whatever upcoming changes XLGames announces are going to make or break ArcheAge. In its current state it cannot survive. Fingers crossed Jake Song wakes up and redirects AA back to his original vision of a modernized UO. This game cannot last as a hybrid - appeal to everyone - lowest common denominator. They need to go all in with sandbox and meaningful open world PvP with consequences

Jake Song jumped from the ship long long time ago and after that is started sinking.

So I just did a search about who is the CEO of XL games and I still see Jake Song as the CEO. In fact he just did a interview for their upcoming game civilization online as a XL employee. Please link me the info that he has left, I've searched and I don't see it.

He did not leave xlgames he left archeage.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

ArcheAge is currently at #14 in Korea. This game has way more then 30,000 people playing.

http://www.gamemeca.com/popup/ranking.php?scode=O

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

ArcheAge is currently at #14 in Korea. This game has way more then 30,000 people playing.

http://www.gamemeca.com/popup/ranking.php?scode=O

The image and source doesn't even claim its "people" but states its hours. Its a weekly playtime sample from various game caffees just like your source is based on.

Only the OP who couldnt even read his information claimed its player.

With   Korea being a mostly free to play mmo territory I think thats the way they rank their games by hours because you cant really go by subs. I would like to see the same method used here in the West now since free to play has pretty much taken over. I am still suprised to see ArcheAge ahead of games like Lineage 2, Dota 2 and World Of Warcraft.

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25

Glad somebody else also explained that 30,000 refers to hours played rather than player numbers . . .

although I did explain on page 2 . . .

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

A very rough calculation:

South Korea has 50 million inhabitants

The World has 7 billion.

If WoW has 70k players in Korea, so would has 9,8 milion players in the world.

If Archeage has 30k players in Korea, would has 4,2 milion worldwide.

That's if you are willing to believe that 392 million people worldwide plays LoL...

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

A very rough calculation:

South Korea has 50 million inhabitants

The World has 7 billion.

If WoW has 70k players in Korea, so would has 9,8 milion players in the world.

If Archeage has 30k players in Korea, would has 4,2 milion worldwide.

That's if you are willing to believe that 392 million people worldwide plays LoL...

As said, is a very very rough calculation. LoL in Korea is disproportionately popular, almost a "national sport", being televised with millions of viewers.

• CarcinomaCarcinoma Member Posts: 19
    Don't forget ppl play not only from internet cafe, and archeage is pretty solid in Japan. So it not sinking yet. Determination time would be release in China.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Players run bots in LoL and it is free to play and other players have multiple accounts. Trying to actually gauge the number of players who play that game is impossible.

• Actually XL Games made a mess on korean release thats why it losing popularity.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    They will get alot from russian market. Game is huge hit here with thousands of very vocal fans. The most anticipated MMORPG in Russia for sure. Publisher did a great job with translation and payment model, so it can only succeed here
    ?
    ????: ?, ?, ??
    ???????: ?????
    ??? ???????????????: ??????????
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    internet café play has been dropping in Korea since the new laws took effect. Cafés no longer allow people to binge play since a café can now be shut down (with the owner going to prison) if anyone binge plays and ends up dying, which happens a little too often there.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It's already been known it isn't doing very well in Korea - fanbois can try to spin it how they want but it's just reality.  Maybe it will do better here, who knows, people are aching for something different and original.  I think Black Desert is going to be the main game to watch from overseas but ArcheAge could still do well here.
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    Originally posted by vzerov

Actually i find the list is quite informative. If it was like, say, number 5, then maybe i would want to know what the first 4 games are, but its number 20, and the population playing it is 0.45%, does it really matter what the other 19 games are?

How can it be informative without the context of these numbers?

The fact that half of those games I have never heard of and others are MOBA and non MMORPGs I can't really take this list that serious....

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    So even games like Tera are more popular than ArcheAge.
  • DravenDraven Member UncommonPosts: 29

There are several quotes by Jake Song saying he designed the game with a Western audience in mind. Combine that with some bad design changes ( now recognized and being fixed ) and its little wonder why its doing poorly in S. Korea.

Given that, I cant see how this will have a lot of bearing on how well it does in the States.