Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best game ever?

124»

Comments

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

For me, in no particular order, it's Skyrim, GW2, and Fallout 3/NV.

Those are essentially the games that I can pick up and play dozens of hours at anytime.

For boardgames, Settlers of Catan.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Biowares Neverwinter nights and the PW community.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Good question OP and so subjective but everybody's answers have been interesting. These are my choices of what I believe to be perfect games and the ones that I have loved the most.

Board games =  Chess, Go, Talisman, Blood Bowl, Warhammer 40K. Heroquest, Risk and Axis & Allies. There was a board game I once owned Based on the Aliens film. Had that and an Xpac for it. One of the finest rule sets I ever encountered. Found it in my local games shop when I was a kid, never seen it since.

Computer Games = Bards Tale (Original Version), Elite 2, Speedball 2, Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Tetris, Pac-Man, Gauntlet 2, Kotor and Mass Effect 2. Eye Of The Beholder 2. Morrowind, Skyrim. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Mmorpg's = WoW (Vanilla and BC) and EvE.

Pnp Rpg's = Shadowrun, Rifts, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.  Vampire The Masquerade.

Card Games = Magic The Gathering, The Babylon 5 CCG, (Herthstone is quickly becoming a contender for this slot)

• BilgatoBilgato Member UncommonPosts: 24

Dungeons of Dreadmore

and/or

Sword of The Stars~The Pit

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

The best game ever?

Totally ignoring the hottest girl in the group or at a social event. Most are usually self-centered and ignoring them drives them crazy.

They WILL approach you.

SOMEbody on this site has to know what I'm talking about.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • betodethbetodeth Member Posts: 17
    1. It's chrono trigger for me...
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

At first I would say Everquest it was fun grouping but I slightly remembering getting fustrating with it after 2 months. Man that game was hard in the old days.

I played alot of Daoc but never liked RvR 100%.

MMO

Maybe the best MMO was WoW in vanilla/TBC. The PvP was better because you could just jump right into it without having to search for groups or running around for 15 minutes before meeting and enemy like Daoc. Also it was proabaly the first game where you actually had some skills instead of a few attacks or spells.

Console

For single players. Lot's of great games on the PSone like gran turismo, resident evil 2 and 3, syphon filter, final fantasy 7-8,Tekken 3,MGS, Medal of honor, Wipeout 3, Soulreaver.. I played gran tursimo so much that it became too easy but that game is probably on of those I've played the most on a console.

PC

Singler player pc game of all time.. A hard pick but it's a tie between unreal, gothic 2 and Warcraft 3..

PnP RPG

ADnD2nd ed. The one RPG to rule them all. Forgotten realm campaign was the greatest and still is.

Board game.

I think Chess.

• CilestielCilestiel Member Posts: 1

Baldur's gate Gate was one of my favorite .

Kind Regards

Cilestiel

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

hmmmmmmmmmmmm the games that have kept me the longest OR standout in my memory are:

1) Break Out on the Atari

2) Advanced Dungeons and Dragons on Intellivision back in the 80s

3) Venture on Colecovision back in the 80s

4) Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr Colecovision back in the 80s

5) Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo

6) Ultima (forgot which platform I played this on, probably PC)

7) Baldurs Gate series

8) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

9) WOW

10) Lord of the Rings Online

11) Skyrim (PC)

Honorable Mentions:

Burger Time Intellivision

Lady Bug Colecovision

Super Mario Bro Super Nintendo

Final Fantasy

There Is Always Hope!

• iJustWantiJustWant Member Posts: 81

Love this thread! image

• Best game: Chess
    • Best tabletop game: Life
    • Best pen & paper game: Dungeons & Dragons (with Star Frontiers being a very close runner-up)
    • Best card game: Pinochle
    • Best collectible card game: Magic, the Gathering
    • Best video game: Morrowind
    • Best MMO: Star Wars Galaxies

Honorable Mention: Deus Ex, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Rome: Total War, Mech Commander 2.