It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
There seems to be a serious misunderstanding about the racial restrictions round table. It changed the path they were going with it in the game. If you watch the video that is made quite clear in it. So all the people saying derp they didn't do what the poll said so it means these are meaningless are all 100% completely wrong.
Here is the history of the topic.
1. Devs decide that game should not make players feel their character isn't viable by making them make choices before they have all the information. (mentioned at start of video)
2. Devs plan on having racial restrictions. (clearly stated towards end of video)
3. Devs put poll on round table and community agrees with them, lore based racial restrictions.
4. Devs put message board topic up. Community expresses concerns on how restricted race/class can back them into a corner making them feel that #1 applies.
5. Devs change their plan and go with no racial restrictions. (clearly stated at end of video)
The round table changed the direction of the game and yet people are saying because they went against the poll it proves the round table doesn't work. The message board is the most important part of this process. It is the part that gives them the best feedback and they have already proven that if the feedback is compelling enough they will alter parts of their game plan.