Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video EQ:Landmark Public building focused roundtable

GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

- Griefing will not be possible in Landmark as it will rely on permission based system...well I am sure someone will find a way to be annoying.

- They may consider a private building mode to keep your constructs "secret" until you are ready to reveal it or put it on the market.

- The focus remains on a public building 

- No offline mode, "That's just not what we want to do"

- Concentrated on the social interaction

- Things will be built "out in the world"...whatever that means.

So we get a glimpse between this and the screen shots, they will have public building at launch as that is the focus but they may work towards a "private building" mode...a giant cloak for your plot of land seems most likely. I still think a "phased" private building mode where your structure stays phased out of the open world until you are ready to release it seems to me to be the most efficient and less immersion breaking method for having private build mode.

• MetrobiusMetrobius cherry valley, CAPosts: 95Member Common
    Im really glad they confirmed this. I plan to submit buildings and components to player studio and im not worried about people stealing my ideas, but it would be cool to have a way to avoid it.
  • ApraxisApraxis RegensburgPosts: 1,508Member Uncommon

Ok.. now we know at least that private instancing for housing/building is out of the window.. and maybe just in optional to secure your property. I am ok with that.

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member
    I am glad that housing will not be instanced, and I hope this stays true for EQNext to where they have development areas or some such, to compromise the clutter worry.