Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 will breathe new life into the MMORPG genre, gonna be fun times!

1235»

Comments

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I hope EQ Next will be on console. This would be the end of MMORPG on consoles for sure. The first EQ on PS3 was a disaster, EQ Next will be one aswell (for the console player)and I hope they will learn, that MMORPG on consoles won't work.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I don't care much about consoles, and some titles being on them doesn't bother me personally..

That being said, I see it as more of a minus, then a plus if I had to predict its effect.  I do not think they will make a mmo on a console as deep as they would a pc only version...I think mmos are too shallow to begin with right now, let alone being console friendly.

I could be wrong, but I do not like the current direction, and I do not see this helping that out...If you like the direction, then I see this being a plus for you probably.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Consoles can only kill MMORPG genre, never breathe new life. Unless you can attach keyboard and mouse to it but then ... is more computer then console. Long gone are times when I had my share of fun BUTTON MASHING. And this is what console are (mainly) all about.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Consoles can only kill MMORPG genre, never breathe new life. Unless you can attach keyboard and mouse to it but then ... is more computer then console. Long gone are times when I had my share of fun BUTTON MASHING. And this is what console are (mainly) all about.

May be consoles can kill MMORPG and make it rebirth as something more fun to many, like Destiny.