Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video of devs talking about a procedurally generated game (not EQN)

donpopukidonpopuki Dearborn, MIPosts: 591Member
I've been reading up on procedural generation and ran across this video. It's a game that procedurally generates terrain, buildings and NPCs. Within the presentation the devs talk about how normally scripted AI aren't adaptable in a procedural game. A new form of AI had to be considered. While the game is a FPS it has many similarities with EQ on game development and content generation and AI. I wish SOE would give us more in depth info on the game development like these guys.

• donpopukidonpopuki Dearborn, MIPosts: 591Member
    For the mobile folks. Apparently the link doesn't show up.

• Ender4Ender4 milwaukee, WIPosts: 2,253Member

I'm not gonna watch the video but it is nice to see more and more games going this path. I've been saying for a while that EQ Next doesn't have to be an amazing game. It just has to show that these concepts can work so they become mainstream. I'm more excited with the fact that this could change the entire direction of MMORPG than I am about this single game. That is why I think it is so funny when someone complains about minor things like the graphics being too cartoony or not liking that every race can be every class.