Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Large Scale Changes Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Producer's Letter has been published on the DC Universe Online site. In it, Producer Larry Liberty begins discussing some of the massive, sweeping changes that will come to the game in preparation for its launch on the PlayStation 4 gaming system.

Also benefitting all platforms will be numerous design improvements, polish, and a remastering of the core leveling game. This means there has never been a better time to invite new players and new friends to try DCUO, to return to the game to see what you might have missed over the years, or to create that new character you’ve been thinking about to experience the game all over again.

You’ll notice right away that we have improved how characters progress from 1-30. New content presents itself naturally as you level, and there is less chance of getting lost or stuck without a mission. You’ll also notice that enemies are fighting and acting in more consistent ways throughout the game, that some previously Mentor-specific content can now be attempted by all players regardless of Mentor, that Henchmen, Back-Up, Sidekicks, and Accomplices from Home Turf are now available as soon as Lairs are (and with costs adjusted to suit), that leveling content rewards Marks of Triumph, that side missions are replayable, that open-world bounties are now level 30, and so much more.

Read the full letter on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    game would be better with free form combat like in batman arkham city.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Streamlining the terrible leveling is a start but they also need to completely redo the skill system.

The skill trees could be a lot better and its probably about time they go over every skill in the game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

The skill trees could be a lot better and its probably about time they go over every skill in the game.

I agree

considering theres been 5 DLCs w associated new skill sets

- Light Powers

- Electric Powers

- Earth Powers

- Quantam Powers

- Celestial Powers

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

"You’ll notice right away that we have improved how characters progress from 1-30. New content presents itself naturally as you level, and there is less chance of getting lost or stuck without a mission."

Dear God, it's about time! We complained loudly and often during CB about this and what did we get for filler? Races. And no tutorial to tell us that we were supposed to do races to level properly. Better late than never I guess.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

There is a bunch of things that could rise the revenue income from pc version

TARGETING

BETTER MAP

BETTER OPEN WORLD PVP(seperate areas from quests)

visual imporvement(which is being done)

BETTER UI

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    When I did play this game I enjoyed it. I will say that it felt like it was more or less designed for a console. The feel of the game for PC just didn't seem right to me anyway. Just one person's opinion.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    When I did play this game I enjoyed it. I will say that it felt like it was more or less designed for a console. The feel of the game for PC just didn't seem right to me anyway. Just one person's opinion.

It does at first glance seem to be designed around consoles with how the action combat is.  However I played both the PS3 and PC version and accessing inventory, skill trees, power layouts etc. is a nightmare with the PS3.  I also think the combat is tighter with the PC, but like you said it's just my opinion.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

So, so true.

There are so many skills that are just absolutely complete useless trash and usually there is only one way to build a character. It's like they had some good ideas on how to make multiple skills, but they are useless as they do not fit the role of the character you are playing, some variety "that worked" would be nice.

The skill tree is a mess as it boils down to "the only build that works".  It is such a big turnoff to use skills "you like"  only to find out later that you cannot survive if you have that skill.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Is raiding still the endgame?
  • drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

I wish they had a way that you can pick powers for the role you choose . Kinda like a second spec. Cause when you level you go DPS but have to pick powers if you want to go Tank/ heal/ control. 

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I subscribed to this game for month and I enjoyed it but I did get lost in the leveling process and it annoyed the hell out of me that just as I get interested in one storyline they would pull me out of it and throw a completely new one without a satisfactory ending to the previous one (or even an ending of any sort really).

I am hoping when they say that character progression has been improved from levels 1-30 that this is sort of fixed as otherwise I really enjoyed the game.

Smile

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

I played this in beta and quickly got bored soon after. I am going to enjoy it on the PS4 on my big screen TV though and with these improvements and everything else that has been added since I left the game. 

PS4 is going to revitalize MMORPGs. PC players are burned out and sick of them, console players for the most part never played an MMORPG and will be excited and love them.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!