Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter Development Diary Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Wars: The Old Republic site has been updated with the first part of a multi-part developer diary about the creation of the Galactic Starfighter, soon to arrive with the free expansion arriving in December.

Let me welcome you to what will be the first of many Developer Diaries delving into the background and development of Galactic Starfighter™ and its place within the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

Before I get into the details of this diary entry, let me say thank you to all of you, our incredible fans. Your enthusiasm over the last couple years and leading up to the announcement of Galactic Starfighter has inspired the development team and been critical in crafting the vision of what the digital expansion has become, as well as what it will evolve into in the future. You may have assumed we weren’t listening, but I promise, we were reading every post… and taking copious notes.

So, with that, let’s talk about Galactic Starfighter, or as many of you have been calling it, the Super-Secret Space Project (SSSP). 

Read the rest on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    Too bad the expansion is focused solely on PvP.  There are other things they could have done to make the space combat more interesting for everyone, so this is a disappointment.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by brihtwulf
    Too bad the expansion is focused solely on PvP.  There are other things they could have done to make the space combat more interesting for everyone, so this is a disappointment.

For those of us waiting that next "wing commander", I think X Rebirth and Star Citizen will quench that thirst. We probably wont see SC for awhile, but X is commin up.

I have given up hope for the ultimate sandbox MMO......

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    They say its integrated with the ground game. Thats interesting to see how in depth that is. Thus certainly has great potential.

I hope they try to bring mounted combat and large scale pvp, a long with swoop racing all integrated with the ground game aka questing.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Incomparable
    They say its integrated with the ground game. Thats interesting to see how in depth that is. Thus certainly has great potential.

I hope they try to bring mounted combat and large scale pvp, a long with swoop racing all integrated with the ground game aka questing.

hmm, modable swoop bikes for use on swoop tracks,  no way that could be popular right image

• flashrobinflashrobin Member Posts: 9
    Lame just pvp...and I was thinking about returning to this game.
  • KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

I cant even begin to Believe that they would try to realse such an awesome idea of an expansion, AND THAN DECIDE TO LIMIT IT ONLY TO PVP. What the heck?

Just copy the SWG's awesome-incredible Space Content (Jump to Lightspeed) if u cant figure out what ur supposed to do. That game's space sections IMO had really good both pvp AND pve sections. (And when was it released...2003....maybe? (yeah, the expansion must be 2005 or something, i guess)).

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Krelian

I cant even begin to Believe that they would try to realse such an awesome idea of an expansion, AND THAN DECIDE TO LIMIT IT ONLY TO PVP. What the heck?

Just copy the SWG's awesome-incredible Space Content (Jump to Lightspeed) if u cant figure out what ur supposed to do. That game's space sections IMO had really good both pvp AND pve sections. (And when was it released...2003....maybe? (yeah, the expansion must be 2005 or something, i guess)).

lol, apart from the pve/pvp there, I still have shivers of the women in our guild doing RP sessions decorating their vessels and have parties on it lol.

Good times.

These days devs in mmos are so stuck thinking what they can offer to the players to keep them ingame when they just should let them make their own content. It can be that easy.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I am pleased to see that SWTOR will be forever scorned for not being SWG PRE CU / SWG2 / SWG EMU / SWG With Hot Sauce / SWG Electric Bigaloo.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I am willing to bet that more than two thirds of the players do not pvp so they again are ignoring the majority of the playerbase.

The pve space on rails portion of the game is so lame most don't bother with it.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by jpnz

I am pleased to see that SWTOR will be forever scorned for not being SWG PRE CU / SWG2 / SWG EMU / SWG With Hot Sauce / SWG Electric Bigaloo.

Did you happen to see the recent post here regarding the dangerous and destructive effect fanbois have on game development?  You might learn something from it.

Having said that....SWTOR is turning into SWTOR:MOBA.  It's cheap, it's easy.  The vision BW once had for this game is dead.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    So looking at the illogical hatred on a game for not being another game released years ago is 'fanboy'?
    Interesting in a funny (and a bit sad) kind of way.

/facepalm

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.