Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No free world open PvP, no player looting, no sandbox world, tab aiming = GUARANTEE OF FAILURE

13»

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Komandor
    Here's what the devs are thinking:  "Hmmm...there are so many theme park, carebare, levelling fantasy MMOs out there already...we know...LET'S MAKE ANOTHER ONE"

One really has to laugh.

TES is about going out there in the wild and killing stuff. TES is about manual aiming, blocking and slashing. TES is about free roaming. TES is about killing anyone and looting them.

TES isn't about shiny WoW clone sh**.

Just another carebare game...move along, nothing to see here.

I know, I mean look at all those TES PvP videos. What are the devs thinking, making a game that is nothing like TES games in the first place. I mean obviously some of the best loot available in TES is from the PvP.

I'm not a fan of the tab targeting thing though. I guess it's a good thing they are doing something that isn't exactly tab targeting.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Every time I play Skyrim I think, "I wish I could play with friends". No matter what happens, if I can play an ES game with a friend, they will have succeeded. Why does this site and it's fans pick things to death, and doom them to failure before they even come out?

You are not going to be playing a ES game with a friend. You are going to be playing a game with a friend that is using the ES name to get you to play it.

TESO has next to nothing outside of NAMES that makes it ES, well and along with graphics that SLIGHTLY look like a 10 year old ES game. The story is horrible, it has none of the exploration and depth ES games have and it completely lacks the depth of an MMO. Much of what they dare call "ES" is masked BS wrapped in an MMO box. Even the so called "freedom" to make the character of your choosing is BS...sure you can play any way you like, as long as you have the right weapon equipped...want to heal? Better have a healing staff, but then if you do have a healing staff you better say goodbye to your fire spells, which you cant cast if you have an ice staff equipped...and then there is the lack of clarity that you will be able to max out EACH of those attack skills and not be locked into spending only a set amount of skill points.

The game is ES in name only, its locked into mediocrity thanks to developers with a lack of imagination when it comes to the small box that is the MMO genre they helped to create.

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

Here's what the devs are thinking:

"Hmmm...there are so many theme park, carebare, levelling fantasy MMOs out there already...we know...LET'S MAKE ANOTHER ONE"

One really has to laugh.

TES is about going out there in the wild and killing stuff. TES is about manual aiming, blocking and slashing. TES is about free roaming. TES is about killing anyone and looting them.

...in your own mind.

:) 

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

No, I mean there are too many games out there WITHOUT those features

You know why? Because most people don't like that style and they don't like to play against griefers/gankers. Simple as that. Themepark players = carebear you say? Then OWPvP players = noob gankers.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

The only thing that is a guaranteed failure is the intent of this thread. In fact a couple of points, like the comparison to WOW or the Tab Targeting nonsense isn't even accurate. The fact that the OP is posting similar things in other forums as someone pointed out means that he's not really even looking to discuss anything, so I don't get what the point of this thread is. Is it to sway me to his opinion? Guaranteed failure right there.

All I can say is thank god they arn't making the type of game he wants (aka Darkfall 3), because that like the two previous iterations would be a guaranteed failure as well. 

There Is Always Hope!

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    agreed
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    You mean open world pvp player looting like Dark Fall ? Yes that game is such a raving success everyone is trying to do that now.  #sarcasm

+1 full loot game and it is on life support....  A game does not need full loot to be a success at all.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Here's what the devs are thinking:

"Hmmm...there are so many theme park, carebare, levelling fantasy MMOs out there already...we know...LET'S MAKE ANOTHER ONE"

One really has to laugh.

The Elder Scrolls has never been about PvP because the series was never multiplayer in any way, shape or form. Now that it is coming to the mmo market why are some, (which is the minority), screaming for PvP?

The only thing automated in combat is targeting but still requires you to lock on to the target first. Blocking,  fighting and spellcasting is still manual.

Being a fan of the Elder Scrolls series this title was a huge disappointment after beta testing it though. So I'm not defending it that I believe it will be a great game I'm just pointing out that all this PvP nonsense is a ridiculous conversation to begin with in regards to The Elder Scrolls.

This discussion has been closed.