Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SotA is just another carebear game

12346»

Comments

• MaribuMaribu Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by erponxaos
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Sorry but this just smacks of the "Me" generation. 

You made a poor decision based on very little evidence and now you wish to blame someone else for your bad judgement.

Look at it this way, you just learned a life lesson.   A small price to pay.

Watch the original KS video for SoTA.See how many times ultima franchise is mentioned,what RG says about pvp and a better experience that goes where UO went and beyond.

I believe that if that was an advertisment in USA,it would be sued for fraud based to what it says and what is delivered.

Plus RG did the same thing with Tabula Rasa.The guy is a scammer and old school gamers should be aware of that.We are to blame cause we gave him another chance.Aragorn has a valid point.So keep your valuable teachings for yourself young padawan.

I believe you're under a misconception about the Ultima franchise.  He speaks at great length about the series of Ultima games, which were single player, roleplaying games.  UO was to be the spiritual successor of the Ultima franchise, but RG himself admits, if you listen to ALL his videos, that he and his team were quite taken aback when they saw how the freedom of UO was being used. 

Also, in anything he has said about SotA with respect to UO, I defy anyone to point out anywhere that he has said he's referring specifically to the first 2 years before Trammel.   Trammel was created for a reason.  In the 17 years of UO's existence, only the first 2 were the free for all gank fest that some seem to remember so fondly.  So when RG refers to UO, why is it that so many assume he means the fraction of time before Trammel, and ignore the 15 years that followed and that are still running now?

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Maribu

You made a poor decision based on very little evidence and now you wish to blame someone else for your bad judgement.

Watch the original KS video for SoTA.See how many times ultima franchise is mentioned,what RG says about pvp and a better experience that goes where UO went and beyond.

I believe that if that was an advertisment in USA,it would be sued for fraud based to what it says and what is delivered.

Plus RG did the same thing with Tabula Rasa.The guy is a scammer and old school gamers should be aware of that.We are to blame cause we gave him another chance.Aragorn has a valid point.So keep your valuable teachings for yourself young padawan.

I believe you're under a misconception about the Ultima franchise.  He speaks at great length about the series of Ultima games, which were single player, roleplaying games.  UO was to be the spiritual successor of the Ultima franchise, but RG himself admits, if you listen to ALL his videos, that he and his team were quite taken aback when they saw how the freedom of UO was being used. 

Also, in anything he has said about SotA with respect to UO, I defy anyone to point out anywhere that he has said he's referring specifically to the first 2 years before Trammel.   Trammel was created for a reason.  In the 17 years of UO's existence, only the first 2 were the free for all gank fest that some seem to remember so fondly.  So when RG refers to UO, why is it that so many assume he means the fraction of time before Trammel, and ignore the 15 years that followed and that are still running now?

Richard Garriott have said this SotA game will be a spiritual successor of UO, and it is of course the old game when he was involved in it. The newer UO have nothing with Richard Garriott to do.

UO after trammel was hardcore in felucca but with a alignment system and was very far from a gank feast. A red player that died with many murdercounts had weeks if not months of retraining so nefore and after trammel is both hardcoe PvP but i prefer the game i played after trammel.

What killed felucca UO was Age of Shadows february 2003 and turned UO into a WoW game. But that game had nothing to do with Richard Garriott.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Maribu

Richard Garriott have said this SotA game will be a spiritual successor of UO, and it is of course the old game when he was involved in it. The newer UO have nothing with Richard Garriott to do.

UO after trammel was hardcore in felucca but with a alignment system and was very far from a gank feast. A red player that died with many murdercounts had weeks if not months of retraining so nefore and after trammel is both hardcoe PvP but i prefer the game i played after trammel.

What killed felucca UO was Age of Shadows february 2003 and turned UO into a WoW game. But that game had nothing to do with Richard Garriott.

Immediately after Trammel was released, the complaints from the PvP "community" started.  It ruined PvP because the majority of the population moved to Trammel.  UO also added another 100k people after Trammel was released.  UO started the genre and UO had PvP, but it was not the most important aspect of the game, and it certainly wasn't the most popular.  If the PvP died, it was because there weren't enough people interested in it to continue using it.  Any changes made were done to try and entice the players over from Trammel.  Turns out they weren't interested at all.

The problem with the "hard core" PvP rule set is that it cannot co-exist with other styles of PvP or the absence of PvP.  Much like the players who take a hard line stance on PvP, it's out.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

So many people disliked the PvP in UO that Richard Garriott made up a whole new system and a whole new continent for people to play on, and increased the population of the game by 100k players in doing so.  It seems odd that people would assume he was talking about the system he replaced rather than the system he created to replace the busted system he started with.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    what is carebear?(I know what is mean in Eve but I can't find any conection with SotA!)
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by lizardbones

So many people disliked the PvP in UO that Richard Garriott made up a whole new system and a whole new continent for people to play on, and increased the population of the game by 100k players in doing so.  It seems odd that people would assume he was talking about the system he replaced rather than the system he created to replace the busted system he started with.

Felucca had just about the same system as before trammel. That was the system RIchard was involved in. Everything that happend after he sold the game is of course not what he was talking about when he claimed SotA to be a spiritual successor to UO. It was his UO he was talking about, nothing else..

He was not talking about the carebear version of UO we saw after Age of Shadows february 2003.

Why should he talk about a game he wasnt involved in?