Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh Unicorn

Oh Unicorn

As we gallop through the cool night desert breeze

A gentle guitar tickles my senses

The destination fades from memory

Comments

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by donpopuki

Oh Unicorn

As we gallop through the cool night desert breeze

A gentle guitar tickles my senses

The destination fades from memory

upon reading your headline, my immediate impression was that your were using unicorn in place of an unsavory word. 

oh ****

oh unicorn

even though that isn't the case i am going to try it out and see if it catches on :P

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

But look how far our graphics have come

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Aori
    The unicorn in FFXIV does feel very out of place..

There was an esper in FF6 called 'Unicorn' so technically they aren't completely new to the FF mythos...

As a unicorn owner myself, I have to say the first time I rode around listening to its music - well, there is no better word to describe it than 'magical'.

Originally posted by twrule

Originally posted by Aori The unicorn in FFXIV does feel very out of place..
    There was an esper in FF6 called 'Unicorn' so technically they aren't completely new to the FF mythos...

As a unicorn owner myself, I have to say the first time I rode around listening to its music - well, there is no better word to describe it than 'magical'.

It's not so much the lore, it's the look.

Nearly everything in FFARR is fluid, dynamic, and organic. Your hair moves in the breeze, your cloak flutters as you walk, your eyes follow whomever your speaking with. Cloth textures look soft, fur looks fuzzy, and the leather looks rugged and worn.

And then, there's the unicorn. It looks like it's made of shiney plastic, it's mane is stuck up in the air likes the 1980's stuck it's finger in a light socket, and it just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Originally posted by Aori
    The unicorn in FFXIV does feel very out of place..

Someone gets it =)

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    dadada dah dah dah dah...dah dah dah dah....dododo  dododo

I just wanted to update:

I leveled up CNJ for the express purpose of hearing the unicorn music.

I totally get it now.

I've found out it gets louder when you move, and quieter when you stop, so I've been running around Shroud using that to add my own dramatic effect to the music (while I cringe at the plastic mane and tail trying to blow in the breeze, but being held back by too much AquaNet).

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Originally posted by Aori The unicorn in FFXIV does feel very out of place..

It's not so much the lore, it's the look.

Nearly everything in FFARR is fluid, dynamic, and organic. Your hair moves in the breeze, your cloak flutters as you walk, your eyes follow whomever your speaking with. Cloth textures look soft, fur looks fuzzy, and the leather looks rugged and worn.

And then, there's the unicorn. It looks like it's made of shiney plastic, it's mane is stuck up in the air likes the 1980's stuck it's finger in a light socket, and it just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

+1 Truthiness

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    That Unicorn is terrible.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I hate seeing the unicorn mount.  Its looks stupid and out of place in this game.

I refuse to have one to the point I'd rather run to where I'm going if I didn't have my Choco...

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Did the unicorn quest, never ever used it. Neither have i ever used the stupid clanky robo-choco (magitek armor), this game has some of the ugliest mounts ever, yes even the coeurl... looks like a squashed flipflop sandal and the ahriman.... holy yuck!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by Fusion

Did the unicorn quest, never ever used it. Neither have i ever used the stupid clanky robo-choco (magitek armor), this game has some of the ugliest mounts ever, yes even the coeurl... looks like a squashed flipflop sandal and the ahriman.... holy yuck!

Lol I totally agree.  The Chocobo is the best mount in this game bar none.

• masterbroodmasterbrood Member Posts: 62

The look of that thing HAS to be intentional given how vastly different it is from everything else.  I don't like it at all, but hey it is what it is.  

All in favor of a better "unicorn" ala Ixion? :O

-The only sure thing about the future is uncertainty