Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm back on RuneScape..

SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
Yep. Not even the OldSchool servers, but RS3. Why? Because I'm so tired of every other MMORPG right now, getting on, running from exclamation point to exclamation point... I'm just bored with MMORPG's right now, as most of us are. Until WildStar, TESO, and EQ:N come out it looks like I'll be chopping trees, fishing, mining, smithing, cooking.. Cause I don't have to do anything else if I don't want to. It's free.. And it's kind of a breath of fresh air from the other games right now. Anyone else back on RS? I'd love to have an active clan or friends or something besides my self lol. That's what makes RS truely fun.

Comments

• TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70

I'm enjoying it a lot, tried for a couple hours last night, i'm on a very friendly village doing some funny quests, i'm laughing a lot.

Dat oldschool combat system is awesome. I was told the world is huge and there's too much to do in there, let's see about that. 

I've tried all the 'top' mmos out there Gw2, swtor, tsw, tera, rift, etc, etc, boring as hell. I will be playing this until something big show up.

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

The funny thing is... is i am in the same spot as you guys. I just joined today, thanks to bonds and i am enjoying myself greatly on 07 and maybe ill take a swing at ECO. Anyway took a long break and im BACK again! Which is okay because i think Runescape is really apart of my yearly activities. Anyway i can't wait to destroy on PVP worlds and in the wild. Cya in-game!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Man this game has so much to offer!

I played it a couple years ago as F2P and just enjoyed it so much that I even subbed when I ran out of F2P content.  

Of course that old problem with subs came back in that I did not feel I was playing enough to justify the cost.   I certainly would not mind returning to this game at any time, though.   It is unequalled as far gameplay mechanics go, IMO!!  

Enjoy!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

You guys are missing Eldevin. I am talking to many former RS players in game and we all agree this game is an improved version of RS.  It is f2p and just launched.  The crafting is more in depth than RS and already I think the game world is bigger. This is a game that has been in development for about 8 years.    

I played RS from about 2005-2007 and although I had a good time , I doubt I would return.   For me Eldevin is my new RS. 

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by flizzer

You guys are missing Eldevin. I am talking to many former RS players in game and we all agree this game is an improved version of RS.  It is f2p and just launched.  The crafting is more in depth than RS and already I think the game world is bigger. This is a game that has been in development for about 8 years.    

I played RS from about 2005-2007 and although I had a good time , I doubt I would return.   For me Eldevin is my new RS. 

I tried it and immediately stopped after I realized you can directly buy gold from their cash shop. RIP

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

I tried it and immediately stopped after I realized you can directly buy gold from their cash shop. RIP

You should look into Runescape's "Bonds" if you have such a problem with buying gold from developers.

And Eldevin is what Runescape should have developed into. As a long time RS player who gave up on it a few years ago, Eldevin has picked up the torch.

• RVallantRVallant Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I just re-joined, the population is dead... No one at the usual skilling spots for me... It's completely different from the old days. 
  • himodshimods Member Posts: 54

Eldevin pvp is just too carebear to be taken seriously, ruins the whole game. Its just too gay, like Elton John in a pink dress level gayness.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003

Runescape died with the introduction of squeelz and xp weekeds.  RIP non oldschool runescape.

But this does remind me that of Eldevin which I did play and enjoy for some oldschool fun.

Both RS3 and Eldevin has monetary options which are a little unfair to someone who doesn't pay as you need gold in Eldevin to repair your armor and the amount you make off of questing and killing mobs is almost enough so you have to buy gold atleast once or be smart about your trading.

So, oldschool runescape is literally the only thing left where you can pay a sub and get everything on equal terms. I'd love to be proved wrong in this case.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Maybe try Ultima Online
  • SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I'm back on Runescape also after a 6 year hiatus. I'm also bored with all the other mmo's. I went back to WoW, got to 110 in like week then got bored. I tried like 10 others and it's the same old crap. I forgot how fun this game is, and challenging! 
  • SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Well, I had the last post in March. I quit Runescape again for the third time. I was having a blast, but couldn't take the BoTs. There are more BoTs than players. 
    Kyleran
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It's a fun game, but honestly why even worry about other people who bot? Just ignore them. The game itself is mostly solo unless you are doing bosses. 
    Kyleran