Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

thinking about getting a new hero

AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 329Member Uncommon
Well the title says it all. I am thinking about buying Capt America or maybe The Hulk. which  one is more fun to play I looked on the marvel heroes forums and people were saying Capt is tough to kill but takes a long time to kill things I have not read to much on the hulk. If another hero is more fun to play go ahead and suggest him right now I have Hawkeye and Deadpool.

Comments

  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member

    I can't stand jean grey in the comics but she ended up being my favorite hero in MH. She's like the queen of AOE. One shotting the whole screen never gets old :P Hard to play at first because she's weak at the start but only gets more powerful. Bosses can be pretty slow though.

    I love cap but he's really meh in this game.

    Hulk is like a typical dps in mmos. Does lots of damage but he feels squishy..so really the game hasn't done him justice.

    Punisher might be someone you'd like. Powerful but may have too much in common with deadpool if you went range with him. Ironman was also pretty cool but there's like 10 billion of those.

  • AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 329Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DamonVile

    I can't stand jean grey in the comics but she ended up being my favorite hero in MH. She's like the queen of AOE. One shotting the whole screen never gets old :P Hard to play at first because she's weak at the start but only gets more powerful. Bosses can be pretty slow though.

    I love cap but he's really meh in this game.

    Hulk is like a typical dps in mmos. Does lots of damage but he feels squishy..so really the game hasn't done him justice.

    Punisher might be someone you'd like. Powerful but may have too much in common with deadpool if you went range with him. Ironman was also pretty cool but there's like 10 billion of those.

    Ya I was considering Jean Grey or Marvel woman too both look cool.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

    I think most of them play well enough. I would choose my heroes based on how much i like the character, not combat effectiveness.

    And they would rebalance anyway. I start out with DD, and he was weak in the beginning but got buffed.

     

  • apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Abimor
    Originally posted by DamonVile

    I can't stand jean grey in the comics but she ended up being my favorite hero in MH. She's like the queen of AOE. One shotting the whole screen never gets old :P Hard to play at first because she's weak at the start but only gets more powerful. Bosses can be pretty slow though.

    I love cap but he's really meh in this game.

    Hulk is like a typical dps in mmos. Does lots of damage but he feels squishy..so really the game hasn't done him justice.

    Punisher might be someone you'd like. Powerful but may have too much in common with deadpool if you went range with him. Ironman was also pretty cool but there's like 10 billion of those.

    Ya I was considering Jean Grey or Marvel woman too both look cool.

    Captain marvel is the bomb.  Potent ranged attacks and super strength..... And the ability to absorb energy attacks to further your ranged and melee dmg 

    No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

  • udonudon Durham, NCPosts: 1,768Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Abimor
    Well the title says it all. I am thinking about buying Capt America or maybe The Hulk. which  one is more fun to play I looked on the marvel heroes forums and people were saying Capt is tough to kill but takes a long time to kill things I have not read to much on the hulk. If another hero is more fun to play go ahead and suggest him right now I have Hawkeye and Deadpool.

    I have not really played Captain America although I do have him so can't compare but the Hulk is a lot of fun to play.  His AOE's melts large packs of trash mobs and he has great survivability against bosses.  Ms. Marvel is a blast as well for many of the same reasons and is my highest level toon right now.

    I have also heard good things about Capt so if it's someone your interested in I would say go ahead and get him as I'm not sure you can really go wrong with any of the heroes right now.  You could also buy the Avengers Assemble pack with Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and Ms. Marvel which might be something to consider.

  • AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 329Member Uncommon

    Hi Guys,

    well I went ahead and got Jean Grey and so far she is a lot of fun to play. One thing I did figure out is to download the test center they give you like 5000 G's so you are able to buy a couple of heroes and try them out. It is for testing so I tried out squirrel girl and a couple of others.

  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 San Diego, CAPosts: 275Member
    Originally posted by Abimor

    Hi Guys,

    well I went ahead and got Jean Grey and so far she is a lot of fun to play. One thing I did figure out is to download the test center they give you like 5000 G's so you are able to buy a couple of heroes and try them out. It is for testing so I tried out squirrel girl and a couple of others.

    Good choice.  If I would have seen your post earlier I would have said stay away from Capt at the moment.  He has a few bugs and is really under powered.  One of the bugs is him literally losing his shield which causes you not to be able to do just about anything.

     

    I will say to those mentioning Ms Marvel, shes really durable but her melee tree is really under powered and has some single target damage issues later on in Super Heroic.

     

    But if you enjoy any particular hero because your a fan of them from the comics just get them.  Gaz is doing a big change to the power system starting with Spidey Re-work and Squirrel Girl.  They plan on doing up to 2 heroes a month till every hero has been completed.

  • AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 329Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by onlinenow25
    Originally posted by Abimor

    Hi Guys,

    well I went ahead and got Jean Grey and so far she is a lot of fun to play. One thing I did figure out is to download the test center they give you like 5000 G's so you are able to buy a couple of heroes and try them out. It is for testing so I tried out squirrel girl and a couple of others.

    Good choice.  If I would have seen your post earlier I would have said stay away from Capt at the moment.  He has a few bugs and is really under powered.  One of the bugs is him literally losing his shield which causes you not to be able to do just about anything.

     

    I will say to those mentioning Ms Marvel, shes really durable but her melee tree is really under powered and has some single target damage issues later on in Super Heroic.

     

    But if you enjoy any particular hero because your a fan of them from the comics just get them.  Gaz is doing a big change to the power system starting with Spidey Re-work and Squirrel Girl.  They plan on doing up to 2 heroes a month till every hero has been completed.

    Ya I am excited for the changes to the ultimate power and them adding a new power with a 3 minute cooldown. So far I have really enjoyed this game, cant wait for Gambit.

  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,931Member Uncommon

    Obviously an old post, but thought I'd respond  in case someone reads it looking for ideas.

     

    I own 14 heroes.  Here is my fun rank in order:

     

    Hulk - some may find him boring though and I'm a big Hulk fan.

    Iron Man

    Human Torch

    Deadpool

    Thor

    Storm

    Cyclops

    Ms. Marvel

    Scarlet Witch - haven't played her in a long time and may be better now

    Black Widow

    Hawkeye

    Thing - feels like a boring hulk to me

    Daredevil

    Captain America - really bad gameplay at the moment but being addressed

     

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.