Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad design "ruining" lv50 story dungeon

2»

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Cutscenes don't belong to MMOs. Period.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by maple2

No and no..

Cutscreens u watch in your Inn not in the dungeon... just get used to it and no its not a Bad design at all.. thats just how it is.. you can always watch it later as u should..

Right. SE deliberately shows cut-scenes at specific moments, but obviously doesn't intend them to be seen until later on.

lol

The logic of a "now now now!" generation MMO gamer.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Get out of here with that "You can watch it in the Inn Room" garbage. It's fantastic that you can watch it after you experience it, but don't say that the only way to experience it is after, not during. I'm going to watch every single cutscene, and since I'm the tank, they're going to have to deal with it. I'm going to be recording and you won't stop me.

Yoshi made this game about the story, to try to deprive people of that because you already went through it is all sorts of wrong. Go make your own stinkin' parties so you can do all the speedrunning you want. Let the people that play the game for *gasp* story do what they were meant to.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by slikeytre
    Your not taking into account the people who have to run the instance 60 times just to fully gear their toon.. Ppl watching cut scenes slow you down and its annoying when they can just watch them in their INN.  I would have locked you out if u wanted to watch the cut-scene too.   Just sucks that the casuals are just now hitting 50. Like they will ever even attempt to put in the amount of work it takes to actually run the challenging content. I mean if they do and they are ok with letting every nub watch cut-scenes for their next  50 queues more power to them but at some point u wish there was a skill all cut-scenes button... Its bad enough the pugs had to carry you because u got locked out.

I don't give a wooden nickel how many times they have to run the dungeon, if they don't want to wait while first timers watch the story unfold, they can form groups with their guild, or do things the same way people did in the old days, spam LFG chat.

Casuals? Actually, it's the normal players who are just now catching up; just because we're not no-life content locusts doesn't mean we're casual. I haven't even hit 30 yet on my main combat class, yet I've been playing 6+ hours almost daily for the last couple of weeks.

Oh, and would some of you people please stop referring to playing the game as 'hard work'? It's a game, not a job. Plus everyone who knows better realizes that you're talking about time spent, not any sort of physical or mental effort (or very minimal).

Edit: +5 for Satimasu

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Edli
    Originally posted by Swedish_Chef

Are people so impatient these days that they can't wait two minutes for someone to watch a bit of story? 

Yeah is fine the first few times but when you're in your 20 run and every time you have to wait for some new guy to finish its cutscene it becomes annoying. 

Can't you just, you know watch the cutscene on youtube right before joining the dungeon instead? 

20th time for you.

First time for them.

A little perspective and patience goes a long way.

The Duty Finder is going to put you in groups like that, and at least for now, there's no option to specify which type of player you're looking for.

If patience and perspective aren't someone's forte', then fine. The solution to the problem has been offered: Create a static group. Or, get some core people together and then PUG the rest via /shout and clarify that it's a speed-run ahead of time, and make sure people understand and agree to that before they join.

Look, the game is designed with these cut-scenes played at specific moments, where they are relevant within the flow of the content. It's both consistent with the game's design, and far more reasonable that someone - especially doing it the first time - would want to see them in that context.

If the "skip the cut-scenes!!" people disagree. Then can you please explain to me why SE would include those cut-scenes, at those points, in a very story-driven game, in a very story-driven series, in the first place?

The only ones being inconvenienced are those simply trying to enjoy the game as it was demonstrably intended, and being harassed for it by people who seem to feel the game revolves around "getting new shineys as fast as possible".

If I'm in your group, and I haven't done the content before, you can bet your last gil that I'm going to be watching every cut-scene along the way. You can deal with it. Or you can drop, wait out your penalty, queue up and hope for a group more in line with your wants next time. It's not my concern.  I'm  playing the game as it was intended.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by slikeytre
    Your not taking into account the people who have to run the instance 60 times just to fully gear their toon.. Ppl watching cut scenes slow you down and its annoying when they can just watch them in their INN.  I would have locked you out if u wanted to watch the cut-scene too.   Just sucks that the casuals are just now hitting 50. Like they will ever even attempt to put in the amount of work it takes to actually run the challenging content. I mean if they do and they are ok with letting every nub watch cut-scenes for their next  50 queues more power to them but at some point u wish there was a skill all cut-scenes button... Its bad enough the pugs had to carry you because u got locked out.

Why would anyone take into account anything of that?

If you want "no cutscene" group build your own "no cutscene" group and stop prevnting others from playing a game the way its ment to be played.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by deniter

Oooooh, but they do, they separate mature people from hyperactive immature ones.

Whenever i heard "spacebar" in SWTOR i intentinally watched every cutscene and thought about my answer as it was my first time :)

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by didjerama
    Originally posted by deniter

Oooooh, but they do, they separate mature people from hyperactive immature ones.

Whenever i heard "spacebar" in SWTOR i intentinally watched every cutscene and thought about my answer as it was my first time :)

Haha, a good one.. :D

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

They already have a solution coded for the most part. Just deal with cut scenes the same way they do at the beginning with everyone standing in the circle.  The circle doesn't come down until everyone has left the cut scene. Same needs to happen with the other cut scenes in the dungeon. don't make the barrier to the boss passable until everyone has exited the cutscene. Of course it would also be nice if you could exit the cutscene by just hitting escape rather than requiring extra clicks.

I understand that people don't want to wait but the scenes are not that long. Also, I am sure some hate realizing that someone in the group is a noob to the dungeon but too bad, you are getting a first time bonus for having that noob.

All die, so die well.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Here's the truth OP.  Those players that are making you do that are bad.

How do I know?  Cause the good players run AK and then round out CM stuff for that extra Darklight piece each week.

Bad players just run CM because they can't handle AK.  They think by getting full DL they'll be able to do AK and power through it.  But sadly many still suck.

What makes it worse is that these players are now buying mats with the CM runs and then selling them for 20k.

They then pay a guild to run them through Titan HM for their Relic because they suck.

Many of the horrible players also jump in Duty Finder hoping to be carried in Garuda HM as well.

So they're rocking Relic + DL and still spamming CM because they're just awful players and can't do the rest of the content without being carried or paying someone to carry them.

It's just so incredibly sad.  

Play the game and enjoy it knowing that not everyone at end game has that mentality or lack of skill.  Besides, you'll run CM again no doubt in the future and you'll get to fight the last boss then. 

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    OP, have you reported this issue? Sounds like a bug more than a 'bad design'. Anyway, I am sure they will eventually fix it. But all the peopel saying "watch them later, not my fault you took sol ong to get to 'end game'" should really try to spend more timedoing something in Real Life