Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farming Diablo 3

markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150
My monk recently hit nightmare and my other toons are still in normal...I have tried to find info but figured you guys no best...at least on normal and nightmare where would one farm for xp and magic items....is there a trick to it....just wondering and ty in advnce for any help...any haters plz find another forum..ty again

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by markh777
    My monk recently hit nightmare and my other toons are still in normal...I have tried to find info but figured you guys no best...at least on normal and nightmare where would one farm for xp and magic items....is there a trick to it....just wondering and ty in advnce for any help...any haters plz find another forum..ty again

I would suggest you don't farm until inferno. Usually one can still progress (at MP0 if needed) without farming till inferno (because the xp/loot is just so much better).

However, if you want to farm, turn on MP power (so that you get high density mobs), and in general, either Act 1 Field of Misery or Act 3 Keep will be good farming places.

Originally posted by Gorwe

Wait, wait!

The high density of mobs is because of my high MP setting(MP 10)? Oh that is why I have no problems with money...

No.

High density of mobs is for ANY MP more than 0. You can still get the low density with MP0 (or MP not turned on).

There is no difference in mob density for MP 1 through 10.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Just play the game normally and continue in to each higher difficulty until you reach Inferno. There is no reason to farm lower difficulty levels.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    get 200k buy a top end dps weapon and inferno becomes a faceroll. I done this and a week later I had 100k dps gear that I bought with about 5 hours farming gold.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Just play the game normally and continue in to each higher difficulty until you reach Inferno. There is no reason to farm lower difficulty levels.

This

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    get 200k buy a top end dps weapon and inferno becomes a faceroll. I done this and a week later I had 100k dps gear that I bought with about 5 hours farming gold.

hmm ...

200k does not buy you a top end dps weapon.

100k dps is low. My wiz, before i quit (and sell everything to wait for RoS) has 500k+ sheet dps.

And you can't face roll high MP inferno with that kind of DPS.

Ah gods

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

As others have said, no reason to farm until you hit Inferno. If you have the extra gold & don't mind negating one of the key draws of the game (finding loot), then heading to the AH to find a weapon with reasonable DPS isn't a bad idea.

I will point out that contrary to popular belief, it's quite possible to play a self-found character, and  in fact is the only way I play the game. It's much more rewarding when you find great loot then simply buying it (then bitching about the loot system because no upgrades to the really good stuff you bought show up for a while).

Agree with that ^^ the ah in Diablo 3 is counterproductive and undermines the fundemental nature of the game - destruction and occasional rewards.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    I third the self-found play-style.

After march when they take away the AH, more or less most will be playing self-found, with improved loot no less.

I am looking forward to it.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

After march when they take away the AH, more or less most will be playing self-found, with improved loot no less.

I am not.

D3 in hardcore with the Gold AH only was the best perma death game I ever played: epic.

That dwarf idiot of a game designer killed it . D3 will be just another uninspired ARPG after March 2014.

Instead of grinding for good loot for all classes and trying to sell it in HC for Gold, you'll just grind to find +++ green stats on gear.

Terrible game design for a 2014 on line game. 

RIP D3. They will be in for a surprise at Blizzard: confirmed 500k sales for consoles and the PC expansion 1 million at best with these non AH mechanics.

A far far cry from the 14 million sales on PC WITH the AH's.

Huge BLIZZARD FAIL since 20 years. Luckily there is Hearthstone. Fabulous card game. It will save Irvine's asses against Bobby.

Expect a new game designer as early as June 2014 for D4 and D3 will simply end.

Originally posted by sportsfan
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I am not.

I would bet that RoS will sell millions, so we don't really need you anyway.

It is not like everyone likes every game anyway.

D3 is better than all the MMOs i have played ... so i am looking forward to spend more time in teh expansion.