Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: Are Four Classes Enough?

12346»

Comments

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

It's just apparent laziness and OR a fear of players complaining.  Probably a bit of both.  But there's a reason why a well known fantasy author actually adds variety between his or her realms.  There's a reason why the Dungeons and Dragons archetypes have worked in fantasy for years.

In this festering era of lackluster imaginations and programmers who are driven like slaves in an endless array of cubicles, we have lost the need for variety and creativity.  It's all about the bottom dollar, saving on imagination and variety seems to in their minds add to profit margins. 

I can see ESO going free to play very quickly if not immediately.  If they can't even put in the effort to title the classes differently between realms than this is just going to be a sure sign that the rest of the title will fare the same.

• sbrite10sbrite10 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Comaf

It's just apparent laziness and OR a fear of players complaining.  Probably a bit of both.  But there's a reason why a well known fantasy author actually adds variety between his or her realms.  There's a reason why the Dungeons and Dragons archetypes have worked in fantasy for years.

In this festering era of lackluster imaginations and programmers who are driven like slaves in an endless array of cubicles, we have lost the need for variety and creativity.  It's all about the bottom dollar, saving on imagination and variety seems to in their minds add to profit margins. 

I can see ESO going free to play very quickly if not immediately.  If they can't even put in the effort to title the classes differently between realms than this is just going to be a sure sign that the rest of the title will fare the same.

Still a bad argument.The Elder Scrolls is game based on a base class you can then modify to your hearts content.If ESO did it any differently it would not be an Elder Scrolls game.Maybe you never played an Elder Scrolls game?If not you need to educate yourself before calling programmers lazy.Its very ignorant and insulting to there hard work.Maybe this game isnt for you who knows.It wont be for everyone.Hell after I try it out it might not be for me but I wont dismiss it until Ive tried it for myself and you should either.Of course your arguments are generally what is expected from Trolls so I guess theres really no talking to you.I just dont get the hate the Internet creates with gamers who are so self absorbed and self entitled.It blows my mind.Besides that when a game goes F2P it usually turns into a nickel and dime fest piece of crap and the same goes for the games that start out that way.I havent played a single F2P game that was worth a shit.Ive tried most if not all the major F2P games out.Complete garbage.

• greenstonedgreenstoned Member UncommonPosts: 21

hmmmm... no archer class is a pretty big letdown for me.... better be some nice synergy in nightblade to play ranged or some REALLY nice skills on the sorcerer class or i aint gunna have much fun in pvp in that game

whatever happened to the 8 class plan from a while back ^^

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

omg do you guys even read about what your whining about?

4 starting classes, and you can wield, use , ANYTHING YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN UNIQUE CLASS OF CHARACTER.

obviously you have never even played skyrim, oblivion.

your abilities level up as you use them, how simple is that.

now quit whining , read up on what the game , and the 10 year IP is all about then come back and offer some real conversation.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...