Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do they need to do server merges (not what you expect)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

As title says...do they need to do server merges?

Some servers get freakin owned in world vs world and then there are the top 3 that dominate all the time. I play on Tarnished Coast, and some servers barely get any points and we own everyone. Once in a while we meet another top 3 server and its more of an even battle. Do the servers not doing good in world vs world need to be merged with the better skilled servers? There is almost no point in playing on a server that gets owned so badly.

Not really much else to be said. Maybe population on those servers are lower than TC? I don't know. I think with how popular GW2 is, its mostly that the servers just can't put up a fight to the top 3.

What do you guys think? Or should there be another solution to servers getting so badly owned?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Off course they do, at least 6-8 servers need to be merged.  But will they? Never, it is bad for PR.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

From a numbers standpoint of course they don't, the servers have more than enough players on each of them. From a competitive pvp standpoint yea things are broken but they offer free transfers so not sure what else they can do. Players jump ship to go to the winning side and make things more lopsided, not surprised by this at all.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Well, TC this week is struggling. I was just in WvW and we were commanderless and running around aimlessly and outmanned, so numbers affect TC also.  The problem is people simply transfer to the winning server.  I always love to hear about how people love fair fights and even matches when it seems the majority of the population just wants a winning server that can run roughshod over others without a struggle.

In the past TC has been on the winning side and we have steamrolled over other servers.  Of course, when this happens everyone wants to play and there are queues. Still, it gets boring quickly when you are just really banging on a door and steamrolling anything in your way.  

Not sure what the answer is. I do like WvW despite what it may sound like. Hell, I play almost every day, but some servers just don't have a chance and not sure how to manage that.  I realize I'm the odd one out because I am battling win or lose but most people refuse to do that. 

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by Ender4

From a numbers standpoint of course they don't, the servers have more than enough players on each of them. From a competitive pvp standpoint yea things are broken but they offer free transfers so not sure what else they can do. Players jump ship to go to the winning side and make things more lopsided, not surprised by this at all.

No they don't.  There are some servers you won't see 30 people on during Primetime in Lion's Arch.  On about 8-10 servers there weren't enough people to do Tequatl. Couple of examples from the last couple of days:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Save-Devonas-Rest-Server/first

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Tired-of-Empty-Server/first

Here are the servers that need help in terms of population, basically these severs struggle to have 100 players online at the same time during primetime.

Eredon Terrace

Gate of Maddness

Ferguson's Crossing

Anvil Rock

Devona's Rest

These have severe lack of population.  That doesn't mean others are teeming with players.  T1/T2 servers are in a good place but the rest no.

They should do what WoW did and do connected servers and treat WvW servers seperately.

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Lol, TC rolling everyone? Na bro. BG kicks your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!